GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bible is folklore,

Happy Easter Roy. . . Celebrate!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object> Edited by geisha779

Is it? If we take the human heart to mean the seat of human intent, thought and interaction. . . . what is comparable? Nothing. . . . not a thing except God. Above all else. . . .what else is there? Pretty limited IMO.

I think that means it is so bad. . . . it is unexplainable. :)

Just think of what we are capable of in terms of deceit. . . .

Been there, believed that ... once.

No more.

The human heart is (as a whole) neither evil/deceitful nor pure/holy.

The human heart is ..... human. With all the ups and downs and good designs and rank stupidities. ... But this Calvinist rendering of it being wicked and depraved, it is not. (Except for the ones who are so intent on rabidly pushing this notion that it is, as they are sometimes the ones who behave in such a manner, more than they realize, I dare say. ... Perhaps they provide an unintentional object lesson as how to behave as such, ... ya think? <_< )

I didn't say depraved. . . . I said deceitful. . . . and not really I, but the scriptures. . . . so, believe whatever you like. . .. there certainly is no end of options.

Off to church! :)

God first

thanks geisha779 and Composer and waysider and GarthP2000

geisha779 thank you that blessed me

Composer yes we are a mix math family

GathP2000 yes the heart has no feeling that I understand but dose it there more to life than I know

with love and a holy kiss Roy

I can't speak for any one else but my heart/mind is certainly bursting with compassion and caring for my fellow man.

More so than this Intelligent Designer that sends death, destruction. disease, pestilence, earthquakes etc. and permits evil corrupt men to flourish.

It disgusts me and those who claim it ' loves us ' make me vomit!

Edited by Composer
  • Upvote 1

I can't speak for any one else but my heart/mind is certainly bursting with compassion and caring for my fellow man.

More so than this Intelligent Designer that sends death, destruction. disease, pestilence, earthquakes etc. and permits evil corrupt men to flourish.

It disgusts me and those who claim it ' loves us ' make me vomit!

Gottit! So,... your heart/mind is certainly bursting with compassion and caring for your fellow man, except for some people, the ones you reserve your disgust for.

Is that because you think those people are stupid?

Good point Gen.

Why do people who hate God and his people come on biblical discussion forums?

Really, what is their motive?

Oh yeah, love the "compassion" - reserved only for those who hate God like he does. I'm sure all others make him vomit.

Hypocrite.

In my observation Composer is the first one that I can think of who came out and said that he hated God, or rather he actually said that he was "disgusted by" the Intelligent Designer ("God" for shorthand) that brings so much death and misery to the ones he/it supposedly loves.

I can see where an disbeliever would be out of place discussing doctrinal minutia, but on broad topics, especially one like this thread, why wouldn't someone who hates God be interested in the discussion?

yeah,...

For the most part, what other people believe shouldn't affect you. They have their minds and can believe what they want in them. You have yours, and the same rule applies. The problems start when one of two things happens.

...One: Person A's belief's lead him to infringe on Person B's life, for some perceived gain for Person A, at the expense of Person B.

...Two: Any Person encourages others to be Person A

Of course Two takes us right back to what geisha mentioned "Just think of what we are capable of in terms of deceit. . . ."

Seems to me the folklorist is onto something. Not only does it seem worth calling folklore...but is likely more valuable and practical to the world as folklore. Which includes the re-telling of stories, celebrating seasons and holidays, rites of passage for stages of life, cultivating wise sayings, words and songs for suffering and transformation and such. Basically, a living language for the development of our moral imagination…vessel and container for all aspects of the human experience.

The depths and degrees of our inability to hold it as folklore seems related to our inability to see the very vital and essential role of folklore, in general. And the depths and degrees of our inability to let it be the folklore it is seems related to the violent and abusive distortions, misapplications and misfires of history and today...and likely tomorrow. As with most ancient religious texts...they become more informative the more we are freely able to let them be folklore and compare them to the rest of the whole of art and language history. As if they clarify each other quite well.

Also seems that despising God for this or that is not only not wrong, but more like an ordinary part of how some wake up to the severity of our condition. Even the Psalms give voice to such things. And one's inability to hear such a lament is one's own limitation. There are psalms for that too.

Edited by sirguessalot

Good point Gen.

Oh yeah, love the "compassion" - reserved only for those who hate God like he does. I'm sure all others make him vomit.

Hypocrite.

... and your 'godly' motivation is ... ?

<_<

• Upvote 1

The notion that I hate people is frankly ludicrous by the fact that I am here assisting story book believers out of their pit of darkness and strong delusion.

IF I truly hated them I would just sit back and do nothing and allow them to wallow in their delusion and errors. This I do not do and instead spend a great deal of my time and vast experiences and studies and research in assisting them learn the Real Truth.

What they then do with that Truth is up to them, but at least I have done my part by not keeping it to myself.

I refer to the story book as a reference because they are supposed to believe it and so I use it to show why they actually do not and also hypothetically speaking, IF there were a Story book Jesus person, it doesn't believe any so called christian that has ever come along outside of the story book is credible or genuine. (As determined by the absolute failure of every single so called christian to legitimately manifest the promises already given to a genuine story book Jesus believer as a test of their faith)

• Upvote 1

The notion that I hate people is frankly ludicrous by the fact that I am here assisting story book believers out of their pit of darkness and strong delusion.

IF I truly hated them I would just sit back and do nothing and allow them to wallow in their delusion and errors. This I do not do and instead spend a great deal of my time and vast experiences and studies and research in assisting them learn the Real Truth.

What they then do with that Truth is up to them, but at least I have done my part by not keeping it to myself.

I refer to the story book as a reference because they are supposed to believe it and so I use it to show why they actually do not and also hypothetically speaking, IF there were a Story book Jesus person, it doesn't believe any so called christian that has ever come along outside of the story book is credible or genuine. (As determined by the absolute failure of every single so called christian to legitimately manifest the promises already given to a genuine story book Jesus believer as a test of their faith)

Yes I guess you have that "Real Truth" all locked down for yourself. How fortunate for you. You no longer need to look any further,... leaving you plenty of time to correct the remainder of the Human Race. What a noble goal.

So then, the Real Truth is that they are wrong and you are right. You think we're stupid, you appear to have answered my question on that, as you have called myself and others here, unenlightened, deluded, in error. We live in a pit of darkness and make you want to vomit. We disgust you.

You're quite antagonistic for such a compassionate soul. Obviously, you believe that insulting those who disgust you is of great assistance to them. After all, only someone enlightened - such as you, to the Real Truth, can understand how entertaining and useful it is to pick up a stick and repeatedly strike the Hornet's nest.

I'd rather be stupid than mean, thank you.

Well golly gee, you convinced me Composer!!!

I have been so blind, but Composer has shown me the light after all these decades.

Aren't you special.

I wanna be special like you.

Who of the christian faith should I hate first? Which ones make you vomit the most - maybe that group will be a good start. :love3:

God first

thanks Composer and waysider and Gen-2 and Sunesis

Composer my mind already made up I believe in the story book

waysider when one thinks he helping he not because minds are made up

Gen-2 yes me to old friend

Sunesis I love you

with love and a holy kiss Roy

So we can join you in your pit of darkness and strong delusion?....or into the glorious ranks of what. ... again? The enlightened? Why, thank you!!. . ..It has been years since someone has made a similar offer. ...the last time I had to sign a green card and shell out $40.00 dollars for the "truth" and to climb out of my pit of darkness....that didn't work out so well.

What perks do you offer?