GreaseSpot Cafe

The Mona-Vie Debacle

OldSkool

I have been meaning to post this for a while. When I was at HQ one of the cabinet folks started selling Mona-Vie. The person really believed that it was an effective, healing, juice that could do wonders for folks. For those unfamiliar, Mona-Vie is an Acai berry juice that is set up as a multi-level marketing sales plan. I can't really say that the juice is good or worthless, I suppose it could help some folks.

Anyway, this stuff spread all throughout the way of the usa. Well, of course Rosalie eventually caught wind of it and made it her personal battle to go after this evil juice and marketing plan. She even went so far as to have Gary Frederick present a newly adopted ethical statement that denounced this sort of thing by the way corps as a conflict of interest since the way corps should have people's best interest at heart and not see them as potential marketing partners. She managed to divide those who were against Mona-Vie and the pro Mona-Vie people. It was pretty nasty. Of course many at the way international in recent years, much to the chagrin of Rosalie and others, have used the law to back the old bag off when she starts showing her gnarly teeth. Most of them refrained from selling to HQ staff and kept it to themselves but continued to sell it. Some of these same people refused to back down when confronted and received punishment assignments being sent on the field to start fellowships.

I thought I would throw this out there for discussion:

1. We can really see the desperation of the financially strapped long time staffers who are feeling the economic strain of committing their lives to the way international

2. Is the so called "conflict of interest" rooted in competition presented by Mona-Vie's marketing plan with the way international's marketing plan, contained in the vision and direction document?

3. Does the way international engineer financial hardship in their long time way corps, staffers lives to enforce another layer of control?

4. I'm sure there is more, so let's work this one a little.

Cheers,

OldSkool

tHAT'S FUNNY!

There are many of these drink supplements out on the market. They all have their niches. Flavored water with either sugars or healthy added things of questionable or actual merit.

I would be upset if I failed to make the following comment:

Not Rosie's brand of Kool-Aid - eh.......................?

...thou shalt have no other kool-aids before me

...for I, thy Kool-Aid am a jealous Kool-Aid...

Not Rosie's brand of Kool-Aid - eh.......................?

...thou shalt have no other kool-aids before me

...for I, thy Kool-Aid am a jealous Kool-Aid...

ROFLMAO!!!!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

You know, considering the feigned interest in keeping the way international's flock healthy - especially the way corps, it was interesting to see Rosalie lead a crusade against a health product.

Edited by OldSkool

Which is ironic given the number of Amway-TWI people I had to fend off over the years.

Ironic indeed! Brig Hart, of Amway fame (also see Quixstar litigation), is a key player in Mona-Vie.

As far as control issues in The Way International goes, nothing would surprise me anymore Oldskool.

Adding financial hardship to the mix would be consistent if they use it to break people down for either rehabilitation (so-called) or laying groundwork for both sending others a warning and eventual expulsion.

But of everything you bring up leading hopefully to some substantive discussion what irks me the most is what you refer to as "punishment assignments." What a crass, shallow, and mean "caricature" of biblical Christianity The Way International has become. Imagine Peter sending Phillip the evengelist to Samaria as a punishment assignment!!! And imagine if in true Way Ministry fashion Peter insisted on doing such a cold hearted and calculating move while insisting that living love is maintaining the thin venere of "bless you Phillip" and "you're the best Phillip" and "renew your mind Phillip." Or how about if Peter found his followers became more pliable if he deliberately engineered a situation where they were completely seperated from all other aquaintances and had no personal resources?!

I could go on and on, but instead I hope the point is clear.

(edited to replace "bad copy" with "caricature") :B)

Edited by JeffSjo

JeffSjo, you have some great points. Along these same lines, and not to veer too far from Monavie, Rosalie has a long and sordid history of sending staff that get too uppity to the grounds department for some manual labor. These temporary reassignments usually come with instructions via cabinet to department coordinator to "work em hard, and put em away wet."

Well, I would be remiss if I did not say who the cabinet person was who ushered in Monavie - John Linder. Everyone at HQ knew, and incidentally, he received no punishment assignments, although I understand he took a lot of heat from Rosalie.

Edited by OldSkool

Is it true that mercy (so-called) depends on how much of a fellow bastard one is with the top dogs too!?

Is it true that each and every move these turds do to one another has an underlying edge of "gee, I wonder if I'll win"!?

Whatever happened to not being a respecter of persons?

What happened to judgement and mercy without flattery, bribery, leverage, or calculated survivability?

Before I came here I never even heard of Roasaline, Oldskool. Now I just wanna puke.

Edited by JeffSjo

Was this since RFR has been President?

Yeah, fending off the Amwayfers over the years was a recurring problem.

Back in the early 80's we had a Limb Coordinator who sold vacuums. At the time I also sold vacuums. He used his influence as the local MOG to sell quite a few to local wayfers, when I couldn't even get in the door. Of course he made sure to tell people that the brand that he was selling was Mrs. Wierwille's choice of vacuums.

Well, I would be remiss if I did not say who the cabinet person was who ushered in Monavie - John Linder. Everyone at HQ knew, and incidentally, he received no punishment assignments, although I understand he took a lot of heat from Rosalie.

No surprise to me.. probably a half a dozen or so "devils" jumped him while he was monitoring Greasespot Cafe..

:biglaugh:

What is it made of castor oil with cool aid? Or is there something else in it. Is there a secret formula in it?

No, it's freeze dried Acai juice sweetened with white grape juice. Acai is nasty by itself. Oh, Ira Berger was one of the people who received a punishment assignment. He went from years as cabinet to going to S.C. to start a fellowship and build to a branch within a year. Actual wording chosen by Rosalie.

sooo.. why did she go so *easy* on linder?

oh. Perhaps.. he got possessed.. in the line of duty..

I have no idea. Maybe you don't mess with the guy who knows all the secrets?

Berry,... berry,... possessed. The spirit of anti-oxident, no doubt!

Edit:

dang it I typoed Possessed!

You are cracking me up! :anim-smile:

I have no idea. Maybe you don't mess with the guy who knows all the secrets?

You are cracking me up! :anim-smile:

if it were that simple.. they have him, like he has them..

heh.. if he betrays them.. we won't stand the chance of getting a job anywhere in a mall in the usa..

<LI class=adma id=taw1 onmouseover='ss("","aw1")' onfocus='ss("","aw1")'>

The Truth About

Mon avie Will Surprise You.

MLMObituary.com1200mg Pure Acai 3/ $39

You Would be Crazy to Buy Acai Anywhere Else. No Autoship Ever!

HealthyChoiceNaturals.com/PureAcaiMonaV - Add 700 Reps?

Even If You're Stupid You Can Add 700 New Reps To MonaV - See How

www.Add700Reps.com/MonaVMLM Email Marketing Tools

Boost Your Business into Overdrive with Email Marketing. Try it Free!

www.iContact.com

They're looking into our souls

Edited by Gen-2