GreaseSpot Cafe

The Final Straw

JavaJane

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last straw? It wasn't anything dramatic at all. It happened one night which was like so many others. A room of dispirited folks going through the motions. Blah, blah, blah, moving the Word, blah, blah, blah... I finally got honest with myself and admitted that my heart wasn't in it at all. It was a sham that was hurting people. Not news now but I was definitely a hard core wayfer at one point.

Death by a million paper cuts, I guess.

JT

I'm a little late, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Like Oakspear, I could not get TWI clergy to marry me. My fiance had taken the class but was a little less than enthusiastic about the whole TWI experience. I had given thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of my life to TWI, serving on staff at HQ for a year, flying out to the ROA early to help with A/V, and endless other functions. Being a strong believer in loyalty and honor, and thinking that TWI also believed in those things, I thought that they would at the very least marry me to the woman I loved. Alas, I was wrong. About the same time the announcement was made that Loy would succeed VPW. I had always seen Martindale as sort of a cross between a jock _ass-hat and a VPW _ass-kiss and I knew that there wouldn't be a place for me in the new TWI. So I just stopped going to TWI functions. Nobody called and I didn't inquire. I found a minster to marry us and we're still in love 26 years later. I first found Trancenet on the internet, then Waydale and now GreaseSpot. Reading the Passing of the Patriot confirmed my suspicion that there was some serious rotten fish in New Knoxville.

Edited by Jim

I left for several reasons, but what sealed it for me was a remark after I'd left that was completely uncalled for. I'd left the ministry but attempted to stay with my then spouse who was still very active. One day at work, out of nowhere I had a stroke. I was rushed to the hospital in serious condition. My spouse showed up and then in comes my fellowship coordinators. They actually told me that my stroke was the result of "Walking out on God and the man of God in TWI due to my "unbelief." At that point, I realized they had no regard for anyone and I never looked back.

I am always appalled when I hear things like this were said to people. Even though my own mother had her fellowship coordinator say something equally as evil and ludicrous to her.

So true. This is no way to "manifest the love of God in the renewed mind."

Did Jesus Christ say he came to kick us when we're down, and make us feel like poop? Cause the Way may not teach that, but they sure act like it!