GreaseSpot Cafe

Things Leadership Said

JavaJane

Bliss..... (gag)

They wouldn't be thinking carnally there, would they? :nono5:

I remember being told that since my parents went in the WC that it meant that I also was supposed to go into the WC program because if God called my parents then He had called the whole family... I was terrified, because going in the WC was one thing I knew I never ever ever wanted to do. Ever.

Nobody came up with ideas like that, until after most of the way ministry left in 1989-1990.

Then there were all sorts of crazy new policies designed to make the much fewer people

pull all the extra duty of all the people who left.....

as time passed, the number of people applying to the way corps dwindled.

It doesn't surprise me that they didn't come up with new, bizarre sayings to try to

compel people to enter the way corps who normally would have run the other way.

maybe this post should be entitled " things we shouldn't have said " ? my cousin living in a way home was asked by her hfc to address him as Robert.She was used to calling him 'Bob' before he was made a hfc and after she moved in and made the error of referring to him as 'Bob' once too often, was locked in her room by him for 14 hours to 'think before opening her mouth :confused: oh the sweetness of living with 'believers' :knuddel:

maybe this post should be entitled " things we shouldn't have said " ? my cousin living in a way home was asked by her hfc to address him as Robert.She was used to calling him 'Bob' before he was made a hfc and after she moved in and made the error of referring to him as 'Bob' once too often, was locked in her room by him for 14 hours to 'think before opening her mouth :confused: oh the sweetness of living with 'believers' :knuddel:

You know, from time to time, someone steps in and says something like "No one forced you to do anything."

Locked a grown woman in her room, against her will, for 14 hours???

That speaks for itself.