GreaseSpot Cafe

Post Mortem of The Way International

JeffSjo

Preliminary results from the post mortem examination of The Way International:

Patient shows some kind of cancerous infection and blindness going back to it's inception. Probably the result of innapropriate sexual contact, sociopathic and histrionic tendencies, obsessive cumpulsive disorder, and delusional tendencies.

In the course of the subject's growth the poisonous infections have manifested themselves in several overlapping and recurring symptoms including but not limited to:

Major structural problems being covered up by layers of lying,

Servile and useless behavior being substituted for truly talented and vital group and individual activity,

Leadership lying about every single aspect as concerning the truth of what they are/were up to,

Good people having their lives wrecked before being discarded as some kind of refuse,

Leadership's true brutality to be hidden behind several well entrenched layers of uniquely Way International meaningless religious cliches,

Complete inability to deal with honest criticism leading to the unfortunate tendency of them mistaking their disease fighting parts for the disease itself leading to the cancerous diseaes completly displacing the life giving functions,

The truth that they lead people about with now is dishonest not just simply so, but dishonest on many levels in almost every way.

These conditions led to an exreemely emaciated and wasting away reality while they console themselves with delusions of granduer.

The diseased parent organism sent out several diseased shoots in different directions varying as to the intentions and progression of the original cancerous diseases during the course of it's death throws.

COMPLETE DIAGNOSIS WILL NEED TO BE DONE BY THE CHIEF EXAMINER FOLLOWED SHORTLY BY THE BURNING OF THE DISEASED REMAINS.

(Last symptom was added in the editing function.)

Edited by JeffSjo

FOLLOWED SHORTLY BY THE BURNING OF THE DISEASED REMAINS.

...there are unfortunately a few "family members" who insist on keeping the subject on life support(ABS) although there is no chance of revival or long term survival.

They have been counselled many times that it would be prudent, wise and ethical to remove the plugs and let the diseased die in peace and move on with their own lives.

Thousands have made this decision, however a few holdouts are currently delaying the inevitable by cruelly and selfishly keeping the dying corpse barely alive

If you're limiting this to the operation that's headquartered in New Bratwurst, you are probably right. Unfortunately, it's influences reach far beyond the corn fields of Podunk, Ohio. Just consider, for example, the rather large facebook group that has emerged with VPW as its focal point. And then there are all the splinter operations to factor in. No, I think the toxic handiwork of V.P.Wierwille will still be drawing attention long after all of us have departed this world

I suppose you are right Waysider.

Those darn weeds are persistent and tough.

Not to get too doctrinal, but maybe I can safely say that it seems the weeds and the crops need to keep going on all intermixed for some time yet.

And even more important to me, I don't feel I have the right to pretend I can always tell the difference, but I may choose to call them as I see it sometimes.

Edited by JeffSjo

The way international that once was a multi-campus, air plane owning, many many thousand strong ministry is dead. In it's place is a little ole' preservation society, dedicated to all things wierwille and maintianing how we did things in the past. It's on life support for sure but will remain in some form into the foreseeable future.

The way international that once was a multi-campus, air plane owning, many many thousand strong ministry is dead. In it's place is a little ole' preservation society, dedicated to all things wierwille and maintianing how we did things in the past. It's on life support for sure but will remain in some form into the foreseeable future.

How do they recruit new students? I would think that anyone under 50 nowadays is internet-savvy -- wouldn't they come across the GSC while researching TWI?

How do they recruit new students? I would think that anyone under 50 nowadays is internet-savvy -- wouldn't they come across the GSC while researching TWI?

Same old same old. They rely on people attending fellowship to do the work. They still consider themselves a "grass roots" movement. They go door to door, stalk malls and other stores, depend on grads to infect their friends, family, and fellow-workers, send out way duhsciples to troubled areas to scurry up some new classes.

And a resounding yes. I have known many a branch / fellowship coordinator to witness to people who were really excited with all the promises! However, the subsequent follow-up went ice cold after the person had a chance to google the way international. But at HQ they are ignorant of this and refuse to do anything to counter what's online. Rosalie hates the internet and considers anything not for legitimate ministry business to be nothing more than dirty communication. Serves em right.

SoulSearcher,

They don't really care any more whether they recruit new students. They are living off the "boom years" of the ministry, and as long as they can appear to be doing the work of their mission under non-profit rules, the Board of Directors can continually milk that money. There is nothing Godly about the setup of the Way these days (perhaps there never was, I don't know) but the way it is set up today, the only Godly things done are done in the lives of individual believers who love God, yet are trapped in the ministry by a misguided sense of guilt or commitment.

They are living off the "boom years" of the ministry, and as long as they can appear to be doing the work of their mission under non-profit rules, the Board of Directors can continually milk that money.

So the organization is living off its savings? I wonder what their operating/capital budget revenue and expenditure pies look like. Without a revenue stream any organization is bound to fail.

They have kids, raised in twi, who take the classes as new students. That's who is attending the classes.

It's my understanding that the population of active TWI members is diminishing. If TWI has a finance department I'm sure they see the trouble ahead.

It's my understanding that the population of active TWI members is diminishing. If TWI has a finance department I'm sure they see the trouble ahead.

Seeing it is one thing. Admitting it is another. Doing something is even more problematic. Most hard-core TWIers or offshooters are up to their eyeballs in denial.

Seeing it is one thing. Admitting it is another. Doing something is even more problematic. Most hard-core TWIers or offshooters are up to their eyeballs in denial.

no one wants to make a "negative confession!"

I don't really think they care if shows any growth. They have millions of dollars invested from the ABS of previous followers, such as us. Plus, they do have a steady flow of ABS from current followers. As long as they can maintain an appearance that will satisfy their non-profit status, they are set for life.

Plus, unless Rosie is truly one of the undead, "life" won't be all that long... It's not like she'll live forever on the sheer force of her believing. Or will she? evildenk.gif

But then again, she has the young wife to think about.