GreaseSpot Cafe

Our tremendous young people...

JavaJane

Well, I know at HQ for a while at least they were doing a youth fellowship for the younger folks on Staff... And it was probably the only place at HQ where there was some passionate teachings. But what brought it about was an "incident" where some of the WC kids and younger Staffers decided to go into a local church in the middle of the night to ask some questions of the pastor/preist. They walked in to find that the church was all prepped for a funeral the next day, complete with coffin and body. They freaked. And then someone told on them.

I also have heard (all second hand) that when the younger folks (teens, specifically) would try and get together on HQ property to read the Bible and study together that they were told not to do so, that they needed an adult there to supervise and make sure they kept it on the Word. One kid even told me that there Bible study was interrupted by Safety. They were studying the Bible because the teachings were boring the crap out of them.

Sounds to me like for the most part they wanted the "keeds" to only be exposed to twi teachings, and definately not to foster any independent thoughts.

I remember some of the teens in twi telling me that the collaterals didn't teach them anything because they never knew any other teaching. They didn't understand the Trinity, or why the body of Christ was so emphasized in Communion - they didn't understand the WINE being the BLOOD because that part wasn't taught. There was no exposure to other religions or ways of thinking. I had a few of them tell me that they had a hard time witnessing because they just didn't understand where the other people were coming from.

Raised in a bubble of twi doctrine. It's no wonder they all decided en masse to head to a local church and ask questions there on the down low.

Well, I know at HQ for a while at least they were doing a youth fellowship for the younger folks on Staff... And it was probably the only place at HQ where there was some passionate teachings. But what brought it about was an "incident" where some of the WC kids and younger Staffers decided to go into a local church in the middle of the night to ask some questions of the pastor/preist. They walked in to find that the church was all prepped for a funeral the next day, complete with coffin and body. They freaked. And then someone told on them.

Well, as someone who knows the couple who was asked to start this fellowship :wave:, this fellowship was started to keep a lid on the staff kids. There had been troubles with underage drinking before this incident. And of course on this outing was Timothy M@rtind@le. That really rubbed Donna and Rosie's collective rhubarbs, that these evil young staffers were corrupting little Timmy. The kids that went into the church that night were accused of going there to see the dead body, sort of like a way international version of Stand By Me. The kids endured multiple confrontation sessions with Rosie, Donna, John Linder, and others. They were threatened with being fired. It was nasty. In the end this fellowship was launched at Rosie's behest to keep the kids on grounds and out of trouble. The couple running the fellowship had best intentions and did what they could with a doomed directive. The kids would get together after fellowship and go out and get in trouble, even using the fellowship as a rendezvous point.

Bottom line - Rosalie can't stand kids going out and being kids. I've heard her refer to them getting together as "gathering in their little rat packs..."

She is just mean. So anyways, that's what I've heard on the subject. :wave:

ph34r.gif "Little Timmy" is probably not exactly being corrupted, but doing the corrupting... I actually like that guy.

And OldSkool, I'm sure glad that couple is out!! jump.gif

there was that similar incident when a bunch of kids went to see what CES was about.

. . .

another time, a bunch of kids went canoeing as a group, to have fun, as a fellowship, . . . on a SATURDAY!!!

all of HQ got a lecture

all of HQ got a lecture

Now they have solved their problems because they can't get very many kids to come on staff. Of course that was the cabinet's fault. Idiots.

not me, you reading this nanny?

I'm sure WAYBG will print her out a copy. Here, this one's on me. :mooner:

nothing like taking 18-year-olds, blowing smoke up their arse for 18 years prior, sending them to HQ, then sending them back home 6 months later letting their family and fellowship know these kids are nothing but weak failures.

nothing like taking 18-year-olds, blowing smoke up their arse for 18 years prior, sending them to HQ, then sending them back home 6 months later letting their family and fellowship know these kids are nothing but weak failures.

Excepting dear Timothy, that's exactly what happened to at least 7 or 8 of them I could name off the top of my head.

On another not, Guess WAYGB can't report that all is quiet today. Dem sprrrts been kicking their heels ober der at da greasspot!

ALL HAIL THE CROWN PRINCE OF THE WAY INTERNATIONAL!!!

ROFLMAO! And he hardly had anything to do with the way international when I was around. Can you say NEPOTISM?

The kids that went into the church that night were accused of going there to see the dead body, sort of like a way international version of Stand By Me. The kids endured multiple confrontation sessions with Rosie, Donna, John Linder, and others. They were threatened with being fired. It was nasty.

The obvious conclusion is that the kids were courting spirits of death to want to see a dead body.

(snip)

Bottom line - Rosalie can't stand kids going out and being kids. I've heard her refer to them getting together as "gathering in their little rat packs..."

She is just mean. So anyways, that's what I've heard on the subject. :wave:

What a fascinating way to refer to teenagers from someone who once taught high school English TO TEENAGERS!

What a fascinating way to refer to teenagers from someone who once taught high school English TO TEENAGERS!

Ya, she walks in and with the love of and for God in the renewed mind in the household.

The really sad thing is that TWI is responsible for their children's "misbehavior"... they kept them all in the dark about anything outside the cult and then expected them to stay in those confines when they became adults!

When you take away all the bad things out of a child's life, when you shelter them to the point they don't even understand how to function in the real world you are setting them up for failure. Either they will run into freedom and all its wonders and live La Vida Loca to its fullest, or you end up with timid little mice who are afraid of their own shadow - when they are confronted with the real world they fall apart.

I'm thinking TWI would prefer the second option.

It actually reminds me of Disney's version of Sleeping Beauty. The parents try to hide the child from the evil, first by not inviting the evil fairy to the christening, so while the child is being blessed by the good fairies (with beauty and song - not strength or smarts) the evil Maleficent shows up to "bless" the child - she says she will prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and DIE! This causes the last of the good fairies to have to change her blessing to lessen the effect of the curse (I always hoped that the last fairy's blessing would have been intelligence, but probably not) so that the child will only sleep and not die.

Well, the king and queen decide to remove ALL the spinning wheels from the ENTIRE kingdom, and then hide the child in the forest, away from all the evil. However, they neglect to remove one spinning wheel from their very own house. When the princess is 16 years old, she is brought to the castle, and everyone rejoices that she beat the curse! But, she goes up some stairs and finds the spinning wheel. Having never been told of the curse, and never knowing what the spinning wheel is because she has never seen one, and no one has told her anything EVER, she touches the spindle and fulfulls the prophecy.

Lesson to be learned: teach your kids about the evil so they can recognize it when they see it and so they know what to do to handle it.

(and smarts beat beauty any day of the week!) confused.gif

In TWI's case, the "evil" isn't even evil, and that makes it 100 times worse.

. . . .

When you take away all the bad things out of a child's life, when you shelter them to the point they don't even understand how to function in the real world you are setting them up for failure. Either they will run into freedom and all its wonders and live La Vida Loca to its fullest. . .

. . .

Course then everyone blames the kids . . . even people outside twi . . . while the real culprits sit and pray in fellowship playing victim.

Either they will run into freedom and all its wonders and live La Vida Loca to its fullest, or you end up with timid little mice who are afraid of their own shadow - when they are confronted with the real world they fall apart.

I'm thinking TWI would prefer the second option.

Not necessarily, when the "La Vida Locas" realize they do need some structure, where do they go back to sometimes? Not only do they have twi scowling at them, but all of Christianity, Judaism, Paganism etc.

These could be more committed to twi, due to their "thankfullness" and "perspective".

Not necessarily, when the "La Vida Locas" realize they do need some structure, where do they go back to sometimes? Not only do they have twi scowling at them, but all of Christianity, Judaism, Paganism etc.

These could be more committed to twi, due to their "thankfullness" and "perspective".

I guess they got themselves a win-win situation by setting up the kids for failure. Talk about child sacrifice! By the way they are told to raise their children, they end up sacrificing them to the idol of twi.

My sister was one of those reproved for organizing a bible study/fellowship without parental supervision. I was so irate upon hearing of the reproof from this. Too bad--great example of how the Way actually drives folks away from God.