GreaseSpot Cafe

Close Encounters of the TWI Kind

JavaJane

I still keep in contact with a couple twi innies, but it's long distance and neither of them trust WC enough to let them know they keep in contact with me. I don't usually hear much about twi from them other than b!+ching. And the occassional weird "believing" or "believer" remark.

Do what I did and move into the inner city where they will not venture. You will find them out in suburbia but otherwise the keep clear of my neck of the woods.

You guys will remember a few months ago when I wrote about running into an "innie" I knew way back when.....and how they told me twig is so gentle now etc.....

Well we took it to email and the same old song.....nobody cares if I talk to you, an "outtie" it's not like it used to be....for several back-and-forths......until they decided it would be better if we didn't discuss ministry matters any more....because it just was.......

I agreed....and that was the last email I had from them. I really made me sad at the time, because I really thought they valued me for me....yanno??? Come to find out.....they just wanted a newbie in the twig.......makes me sick!

.....nobody cares if I talk to you, an "outtie" it's not like it used to be....

Sorry to hear how that turned out. I know how much that sucks.

On another note, to me, if someone has to say that and try to convince themselves and you that it's ok for them to talk to you in the kinder gentler way - it just goes to show they are still in an abusive cult and that is proof. That is so weird. Not like it used to be. Eeeks.

Sounds like the same old same old... When your life is nothing except serving the beast of twi, what more do you have to talk about or motivate you?

I used to think this was the best way to live because it gave me purpose. Now I realize just how shallow I was.

Oh, I'm sure the local brainwashed idiots have been told enough lies about me that they would freeze up like bad pipes in Minnesota in winter if they ever ran into me. I've actually heard some of the lies repeated to me. They're hilarious!

And actually that's where those dumb-@$$ leaders better watch their P's and Q's because some of those things are legally actionable as libel if I didn't have too much of a life to waste it pursuing after Rosie the Riveter and her closely guarded stash of wealth. I'll just bide my time and have a grand old time watching these people answer for their actions at the bema or wherever it is that God who is just will require answers for actions in the next heavens and earth.

• Upvote 1

I got a call a few years back from someone who had been my TC back in the 90's. Just chatting...oh, by the way, fellowships are much better now...the old BC is gone...blah, blah, blah. I told him I was glad he was doing well (even though when he was TC, he spent all sorts of time trying to dig up dirt on me to rat me out); but I had no interest in re-joining.

Never heard from him again.

George

Never heard from him again.

Oh, and you likely won't. They call that shaking off the dust, when you totally mark and avoid / forget about a person because they don't come groveling back to fellowship when they have the chance.

We sometimes get email from innies, usually something like this:

So, how are you doing?

As if to say, I'm sure your life is a total wreck by now. Have you humbled yourself to the point that you're ready to come back now?

When I was in, I used to think "if only people knew how much better it is now." Now that I'm out, I KNOW why people don't come back. A bad day out of the way is better than the best day in. Best day in = believing lies and trusting in false friendships. Worst day out = living unpretentiously, facing reality, and having few friends but true friends.

I know the old "how are you doing" question is a loaded one. They hate it when you tell them how great everything is.

"...does not compute... ...does not compute... ...does not compute..."

or just stare at them and say nothing . . . they may twitch a little

Well, ya - you can't win anyway. Prosperity for the non-way international person is of the devil. So is giving a blank stare... :biglaugh:

So, how are you doing?

I'm always tempted to answer that question with one of their cliches, like "as he is". How am I doing? "As he is, because as he is so we are in this world".

Just to see the stupid look on their face and the 'dohhhhhh' response.

However, that's just too d@mn Stepford for me to actually carry out.

Wow.. Thanks for sharing.. Hehe.. I have had many a meetings with many of old friends still in and many now out but in other churches.. But those in TWI and its offshoots, I always liked how they elevate "THE WORD" above it all.. With phrases like, we shared "the word" with one another, or "the word" was moving and hot, or you need to know "the word", it's the power of "the word" in your mind! I'm mean, are we talking about the living word, Christ, or is it this here black and white printed book?.. I mean, really, it seemed like the black and white words were coming alive and dancing after conversations with them. Kinda creepy

Last TWI encounter I had, well it was a couple of them all at once (after a funeral of a prior believer that had left).. I let the TWIers ask the questions since I didn't want to look like the guy trying to pursuade them against it. If they didn't ask, I wasn't pushing. But they usually bite since they usually are trying to push their beliefs and get you to come back.. So I had this one friend, honest guy, ask me why I left, so the door was open. But wouldn't you know, Mr. I am in charge of this group of TWIers come over and told my friend, "Don't talk to this guy. We need to go.". So I tried to diffuse the guy, telling him this was a free country. That only got him more upset. Course, he got so upset he just walked off angry cause he knew I wasn't backing down and it only made him look more like an ar$e. And continued on explaining why I left and what I saw. Didn't pursuade him to leave, but he agreed he saw the same issues, but the local fellowship was sweeter. Yeah, well, not interested! I saw the "I'm in charge" guy a few more times in following week (meeting of friends of the deceased) and each time, he was sure to stay far away from me.. Acted like I had cooties or something! lol..

This sounds like text book M1ke And3rson.