GreaseSpot Cafe

Dancer?

teachmevp

I remember hearing this teaching tape about how Martindale broke his leg playing football;

Martindale said if he would have went with the flow of being tackled, his leg would have been ok,

but Martindale said he tried to fight it somehow and his leg got broke, the teaching was about, not going with the

flow of the word or something like that.

I think of Apostle Paul, he worked and lead, but Martindale didn't have to work, he could have

lead, but he chose to dance? I don't get it, a dancer, that kinda wouldn't go with the flow?

I wouldn't expect to make sense of every teaching ever done by VPW or LCM. They taught what was convenient for them at the time.

I don't know if you were around when LCM got really nutty, but he made a new class called "The Believer's Family". It was supposed to be a replacement for "Christian Family and Sex". He shared that the Word never said premarital sex was a sin. He then went on to share if his son was in his late 20s and never married yet, it was perfectly OK for him to find a piece of @$$ because it wasn't realistic to expect unmarried adults to not act on their sexual desires.

All of this based on one thought: The Word never says premarital sex is a sin.

What about what it does say about sex before marriage? What about what it says about sex within the marriage? The woman who was found in adultery was saved from stoning by Jesus, but he also said to her "go and sin no more." I think that speaks VOLUMES!!

This was just the start of LCM justifying his lust.

When LCLM got the boot, I guess Rozilla had Joe C*ulter and his wife do a class about premarital sex. My impression is TWI does not advocate premarital sex. I think that was just a good cover-up. I guess that applied only to heteros and male homos, not closeted lesbians. :knuddel:

I would even expect that Rozilla and her lesbo clan call it something else so they can officially say they aren't lesbians. Afterall they are lovers of women in the household of Gawd.

Edited by Nottawayfer

I wouldn't expect to make sense of every teaching ever done by VPW or LCM. They taught what was convenient for them at the time.

I don't know if you were around when LCM got really nutty, but he made a new class called "The Believer's Family". It was supposed to be a replacement for "Christian Family and Sex". He shared that the Word never said premarital sex was a sin. He then went on to share if his son was in his late 20s and never married yet, it was perfectly OK for him to find a piece of @$$ because it wasn't realistic to expect unmarried adults to not act on their sexual desires.

What about what it does say about sex before marriage? What about what it says about sex within the marriage? The woman who was found in adultery was saved from stoning by Jesus, but he also said to her "go and sin no more." I think that speaks VOLUMES!!

And.......where was Don, Howard, Rosalie and Donna in putting the brakes on all this ?????

Quiet as a mouse.

When LCLM got the boot, I guess Rozilla had Joe C*ulter and his wife do a class about premarital sex. My impression is TWI does not advocate premarital sex. I think that was just a good cover-up. I guess that applied only to heteros and male homos, not closeted lesbians. :knuddel:

I would even expect that Rozilla and her lesbo clan call it something else so they can officially say they aren't lesbians. Afterall they are lovers of women in the household of Gawd.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

lcm said he was unable to find anyplace in the Bible that said premarital sex was sin.

lcm was unable to find accounts in the Bible that said premarital sex was sin

for the same reason a thief is "unable" to find a policeman.

He then went on to share if his son was in his late 20s and never married yet, it was perfectly OK for him to find a piece of @$$ because it wasn't realistic to expect unmarried adults to not act on their sexual desires.

His exact quote was "What's he gonna do with that thing?" - implying that an unmarried young person couldn't restrain his sexual desire.

See how easy life can be if you subscribe to dispensationalism?

You can simply ignore those sections of the gospels that deal with what we would call "premarital sex". Not addressed to us and all that jazz. :rolleyes: How much more convenient can it get?

Thanks for all the info; was their any other dance thing Martindale was into, other than this athlete dance thing?

No, there were no other dance things he was involved with. His time dancing must have tuckered him out. Rumor has it he boinked most of the women dancers in Athletes.

He knew darn well he was a big goofy jock, not a dancer. He wasn't good. I saw Athletes twice in 1985 when it was at the ROA. It seemed like such a high time in TWI even though VPW had just died. I thought I was involved in something that was going somewhere. Sure it was.....to hell in a handbasket. Too bad it took me 17 1/2 more years to figure it out.

• Upvote 1

Wow, like the body needed a dancing leader,

We could just consider his functions as a dancer as fulfilling the function of an uncomely part! And it has proven needful, if nothing else for comic relief. :anim-smile:

I remember in Cheyenne one day talking to this leader of our town, Bill, I was showing him something about athletes running a race; and Bill stepped back like he was defending something. I remember he said something about this athlete of the spirit, I didn't know what he was talking about, but now I do; thanks everyone for helping understand this crazy dancing Martindale thing.