GreaseSpot Cafe

The greatest leader is the greatest servant...

GrouchoMarxJr

Oh, the contradictions between what Vic taught and what Vic practiced...

Greatest servant?...Wierwille was not only waited on hand and foot, but he INSISTED on it!...and what was the justification? If I remember correctly, they called it "spiritual protocol" or some such thing. They said that is was based on how "men of God" were treated in the bible! Baloney!...

...and we bought it and put up with it...no more for me...as Frank Zappa once said, "be careful who you follow because you might end up snorkeling the sausage of some guy in a brown suit"...Wierwille was the rock in the sea of copulation...the harmony in the home that comes from delusions of grandeur mixed with alcoholism...he was the sure foundation that comes from stealing other people's work...in genesis he planted his seed, in exodous he was passed over, in leviticus, he got high with the priests, in numbers, he was the drunken shadow...

Who was that man?...You tell me what you think of Victor Paul Wierwille and I'll tell you how far you've come in your cult recovery.

Greatest servant?...Don't s** t me, I've got a turd in every pocket.

Dreamed I was an Eskimo

Frozen wind began to blow

Under my boots and around my toes

The frost that bit the ground below

It was a hundred degrees below zero...

And my mama cried

And my mama cried

Nanook, a-no-no

Nanook, a-no-no

Don't be a naughty Eskimo

Save your money, don't go to the show PFAL

Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh

Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh

Well I turned around and I said ho, ho

And the northern lights commenced to glow

And she said, with a tear in her eye

Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow buy that gas pump snow story

Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow buy that gas pump snow story

Don't Eat Buy The Gas Pump Snow Story

You tell me what you think of Victor Paul Wierwille and I'll tell you how far you've come in your cult recovery.

heh heh heh heh heh

oir maybe that should be

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad::realmad: :realmad: :realmad::realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

and then some.

Edited by Twinky

i always liked this line of thinking that the greatest leader would be the greatest servant -- thinking of jesus and washing his friends' feet i think etc.

i actually wanted to see myself as that

but then i got in this really weird program and it changed me -- or tried to -- i am me again

but i wonder what happened to some of my dear friends (pre-corps) and sponsors ( they were my friends )

i don't know why they loved me so much i think i was a good person before

but i would love to somehow find them and thank them for their love and tell them how much i love them

too late i think

as far a corps "sponsorship".. it was JUST MONEY. *we* (or I) were every as much as "deceived" as the poor bloke who had the privilidge of sitting at "da man of gawd(?)'s" feet..

so we were flim flammed together..

I'm sorry it cost you in terms that it did not cost me..

but then again, it did cost me, didn't it..

why couldn't people just SERVE.. if that is what they wanted to do..

I find myself in the same situation..

sometimes I think the only reason I'm here, at some particular moment in time.. is to try to figure out how to help some student to pass Math 105..

I'd just give them all a free pass.. but there would be some serious consequences..

:biglaugh:

The Sowers people need me to teach an Algebra class..

Adjunct faculty..

then maybe we can think about Trigonometry, Geometry, Calculus..

Well. It's just a twisted dream.. I'll find it somewhere..

Before you attempt the solution of a problem or start studying a subject, it pays to think explicitly about what you expect your solutions to look like, or what you expect to learn. There are two possibilities: your expectations are met, or they are not. In the first case you feel reassured and on top of things which is nice. In the second case there are two possibilities. Either you made a mistake and now that you are alert to the fact you can recover from it. Or, and this is the most exciting possibility, your expectations were based on some misunderstanding and now you have a chance to improve your understanding and learn something new.

Yanno?

ha! the second case stares me in the eyes, from one moment to the next..

hmm.. both cases are the same, aren't they..

will I ever recover from it..

hmm..

heh

ah yes. I remember a conversation with a student from Mexico..

he is in the graduate program..

"well.. nothing is guaranteed, is it.."

"nope"..

only problem he will have is an unsurmountable bill, payable to his government..

I hope he gets what he wants in life here..