GreaseSpot Cafe

vpw and truth.

WordWolf

Which most closely reflects your position on vpw and whether he spoke truth?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which most closely reflects what you believe about vpw and whether he spoke truth?

• vpw always or almost always spoke the truth.
    • vpw sometimes spoke the truth, and I find that beneficial, period, with no qualifiers.
    • vpw sometimes spoke the truth, but "sometimes" isn't good enough for me to find his words reliable.
    • vpw rarely spoke the truth. Most of what he ever said was a lie, period.
    • Nothing vpw ever said was true.
    • Who is this vpw?
    • I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

i chose

vpw sometimes spoke the truth, but "sometimes" isn't good enough for me to find his words reliable.

and that pretty much sums up my criterion for determining the value of ANYTHING his said.

nice poll, WordWolf.

VPW concocted a pretty huge story about himself...

Snow on the gas pumps, "doctor", claiming he wrote books that he plagiarized, Hey! he invented the hookshot!...and drive in restaurants!...and was given the keys to the city in India, and saved the US from sure destruction...and....

well ... you get the idea....he was self inflated, grandiose and had a penchant for talltales...

Im sure he told the truth some of the time but with him it was hard to tell what is true and whats not. He was very good at snowjobs.

I know I would never count on him in a pinch to serve me the 'truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth' or anything necessarily closely to it.

• Upvote 1

I find it hard to believe he didn't realize he was lying when he plagiarized and claimed the works he put his name on were his own. Did he really not realize some of those writings were word-for-word replications of other authors?

• Upvote 1

I find it hard to believe he didn't realize he was lying when he plagiarized and claimed the works he put his name on were his own. Did he really not realize some of those writings were word-for-word replications of other authors?

Heck yeah he knew. No way you can do any of that by accident.

and did he realize what would happen when somebody compared his "works" to the originals?

so he manufactures more whoppers.. it was GOD who taught it to him, as promised by an audible voice..

"well, no wonder its the same.. its TRUE isn't it?"

"besides.. in those early days.. I put aside ALL else and studied da bible sixteen hours a day.."

higgins called him on it.. "hey, you sound a LOT like this book I've read.."