GreaseSpot Cafe

The value of the "Corps Teachings"

Jim

How many hours?

:biglaugh:

what was it with this? didn't he trust people to read Bullingers figures of speech, how to enjoy the bible, and a few pages in the critical lexicon and concordance?

if I could guess.. "outside materials" were probably verboten.. until da vicster could "work" it and drone on for hours on end..

How many of you actually stayed awake during the whole "presentation"?

I read a story about a Roman Centurion, who could stand watch, and sleep, while standing perfectly at attention..

Edited by Ham

I might be able to make the genitive of origin and efficient cause sound pretty exciting.. but could da vicster?

he was such a moron..

I'd have the group read Bullingers work..

then have some kind of open discussion..

instead, he chose to embody the definition of a "turd"..

sowie..

and the worst part here.

he segregated those "worthy" of mind numbing droning.. from those who were not worthy..

sowie, again..

I'd have the group read Bullingers work.

then have some kind of open discussion.

Read someone else's work? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Open discussion? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

• 6 years later...
On 3/30/2011 at 10:46 AM, skyrider said:

The centerpiece of corps teachings revolved around "Corps Night." In the '70s, corps night was scheduled on Tuesdays....like 7:30pm - 10:15pm. Around 1980 or so, twi moved the corps nights to Wednesday....because it came so quickly on the heels of Sunday Night teachings. Then, in 1995, when all corps were put on twi's payroll.....martindale decided to move this corps meeting to Wednesday mornings, so field corps would be available to their people on Wednesday evening, if needed.

Corps teachings covered the gamut:

...Dale Carnegie, The Greatest Salesman in the World, Life is Tremendous

...Memory pegs, Christian Communication, Competent to Counsel

...Jet-Style Packing, Menstruation Periods, Listening with a Purpose

...MAL-Packs, Survival Living, Red Dawn Scenarios, Hunter's Safety Course

...Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, Keys to Research, Fig. of Speech, etc.

...JCOP, JCOPS, JC is Not God, Acts, Epistles, etc.

Corps teachings were designed for ONE PURPOSE -- TWI INDOCTRINATION.

Wierwille wanted fully-equipped class instructors to run his classes. Not leaders, not teachers, not decision-makers......but soldiers who would jump on command. The commander-in-chief barked his orders and all was right in "his" world.

Anyone who STILL touts this corps "training" as awesome....hasn't connected the dots, yet.

Sky, why would VPW need to do a teaching on Menstruation??!!  Or am I missing something??!!  

On 3/30/2011 at 9:05 AM, OldSkool said:

. . .

Craig was just horrible. He would publicly defame people who had just left or had been dropped from the corps, or da ministry. He would rant and rave about this and that, scream, yell, shoot way off into left field. I mean from what I heard those teachings would have made any dictator proud of him.

Under Rosalie the teaching became a snore fest. Yelling would have been preferred. And following suit with the STS, teachers were assigned, read a transcript line by line - verbatim in a monotone voice, and the content was rehashed from "proven ministry research."

. . . 

On 3/30/2011 at 8:30 PM, skyrider said:

IMO.....corps teachings were a small subset of the corps experience.

The corps experience

1) Isolation from family, friends and loved ones

2) Top-down command and follow orders -- military-style

3) Rigid scheduling, nights & weekends included

4) Surprise red-alerts, fire drills at 3am

5) Sleeping quarters with 18 men in room

6) Very little choice in food served

7) $20 per month spending and budget every penny

8) Aerobic points / Floss chart

9) Twig mtg / Branch mtg / Dorm mtg / Project mtg

10) Work duties / Work bosses

11) Elder corps on campus overseeing younger corps

12) Lightbearers / Major Events / LEAD

13) Assigned & Travel to other campuses

14) Reseach Prep / Research Paper

15) Relationships / Mass Weddings / Graduation

The corps are bonded together via the "corps experience"....not the teachings per se. Sure, there's that tinge of elitism in "being corps"......but more than that, spending two years together in close proximity with rigid directives, doctrines and assignments, cemented relationships and associations. Lots of stuff that's been discussed infinitum.

The jumps between emergency shouting and mundane monotonous tasks is evident in the posts. 

TWI thinks of it as "dynamic" . . . like real deep understanding of change

Jumping between extremes is not a sign of skill or understanding.  

Edited by Bolshevik

19 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Sky, why would VPW need to do a teaching on Menstruation??!!  Or am I missing something??!!  

Maybe wierwille was ovulating at the time  :biglaugh:

Actually my joke is referencing something wierwille said in an Advanced Class - he was relating an incident about his supposedly ministering to a woman (hey, what's all that snickering in the back ?!) ....wierwille said HIS ovaries hurt and then he realized "the father" was showing him he needed to pray for the woman's ovaries....

what if HIS breasts hurt ? Yikes ! What's next? The laying on of hands?! Let me bring forth a word of retroactive prophecy - wierwille go f0c k yourself! ....Hmmmm bonus features - that may have been a quantum leap of faith and maybe some discerning of spirits thrown in for good measure....not sure.... but I always say "covet earnestly the best gifts."  :evilshades:

Considering the variety of topics Skyrider listed I will say this - I tend to think wierwille and company were qualified to teach on at least one thing.....the fine art of indoctrination.  :rolleyes:

Edited by T-Bone
Accuracy and interjections
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Maybe wierwille was ovulating at the time  :biglaugh:

Actually my joke is referencing something wierwille said in an Advanced Class - he was relating an incident about his supposedly ministering to a woman (hey, what's all that snickering in the back ?!) ....wierwille said HIS ovaries hurt and then he realized "the father" was showing him he needed to pray for the woman's ovaries....

what if HIS breasts hurt ? Yikes ! What's next? The laying on of hands?! Let me bring forth a word of retroactive prophecy - wierwille go f0c k yourself! ....Hmmmm bonus features - that may have been a quantum leap of faith and maybe some discerning of spirits thrown in for good measure....not sure.... but I always say "covet earnestly the best gifts."  :evilshades:

Considering the variety of topics Skyrider listed I will say this - I tend to think wierwille and company were qualified to teach on at least one thing.....the fine art of indoctrination.  :rolleyes:

Or the fine art of bull.

21 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Or the fine art of bull.

Yes Grace !

i think I could have gotten a PhD from the corps program 

PhD = Piled higher and deeper = Permanent head damage

good thing I dropped out

• Upvote 1