GreaseSpot Cafe

Old Way Musicians and their styles

Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Yes yes Stevie Kay was one of the best that ever come down the pike.In the late 80's she and I worked as a duo doing a lounge gig in Colorado Springs . We performed there five nights a week and stayed there for 18 months. The owner wanted us to stay forever.

Stevie use to do New York New York with a top hat and cane.She always brought the house down with that number.

These days she is a high school music teacher in Cos. and her students have won many awards. We talk often and are still the best of friends. She is just about ready to retire

from the teaching profession.

Far as twi holding people down.I don;t know about that because many of the musicians were on paid staff and today you won't find many ministries that pay anything at all.I know cause I attend a mega church and about all I get for my efforts is a thank you. Which Is fine .

Hey, Ted, if you get back on here and see this, could you contact me either here on this thread or by e-mail? I've been trying and trying to get in touch with Helen Parker Sudduth or, if she is not the correct one, find out who wrote two songs that are favorites of mine - "Reason To Be Breathing" and "Right Now." I've done some big band arrangements of them and want to be able to give proper credit to whoever wrote them plus find out who currently holds copyright so I can get the correct permissions to record them. Thanks!

Keith Gardner

Atlanta, GA area

pausonne@bellsouth.net

PS Lots of folks have given me addresses to try but they have all come back as invalid. Sooooo.......But if you have one don't hesitate to send it to me even if you think someone may have already sent it.....

Edited by pausonne

do a zabasearch kenneth e sudduth sarasota FL phone number is listed. he's also on facebook ken sudduth sarasota FL

hope this helps -- i assume they are still married

even better zabasearch helen b sudduth in florida and she comes up with same address and phone # sarasota FL

Old Way musicians never die, they just get tuned up. :rolleyes:

Boo Hiss :confused::who_me::sleep1: :wacko: :yawn1: :blink: :nono5:

• 6 years later...
On 4/19/2011 at 3:23 PM, Broken Arrow said:

Ken M. and Dean were in a secular band prior to coming into Way Productions. They had an offer for a recording contract but turned it down to come in the Corps. So, I think they may have been country rockers. Either one of them can play whatever style you want, even classical.

BA, one of the few things I miss about TWI, is the music. IMO, TWI had some really great musicians. For me, one of the highlights of the Rock, was listening to all the great music!!  I don't miss the Rock itself, but I do miss the music that opened the evening teachings.  

On 5/13/2011 at 10:46 PM, Sunesis said:

I think the best Way musician/singer was Stevie Kay Louis (is that right - I'm getting old). No offense Ted :) What a voice. She was mega talented, and, as so often happened with talented musicians who did not toe the TWI Way Prod "party line" - she was gone after a few years.

She sang a song on a Sunday night service called "One Day at a Time" Lord Jesus...

I listened to that song almost every day of my WOW year - sometimes it was the only thing that kept me going that year.

Sun, I heard her do song live years ago.  God, what a song!  What a singer!!!  That woman really could sing!!  

On 5/14/2011 at 3:36 PM, Broken Arrow said:

You know you're in trouble when they pay you not to sing. ("Oh no, please, stop doing that...here. Go buy a burger or something.").

BA, seriously I don't sing outside of my apartment. I sound worse than a frog!!  IMO, TWI had a wealth of talented musicians.  I don't miss TWI teachings, but I do miss the music.

While early Pressed Down, Good Seed, and Selah(the Paul Vergillio version, not the South African group) were ok, and Early Joyful Noise up and including America Awakes, after 1977 it became monotonous and un-interesting. BTW, I am playing WOW Music(no relationship to TWI) from Vineyard , Alleluia Music, and Hosanna Integrity(now part of David C. Cook Ministries in Colorado) from the blue, green, yellow, red, orange, brown, aquamarine, and gold albums on Spotify radio on my laptop.

also meant to say the Brian Bliss was TWI's version of Paul Baloche, Chris Tomlin, and Michael Whitakerr Smith(but they had better theology than TWI)