GreaseSpot Cafe

The Ministry.

OldSkool

My time in the way international and my experiences with the offshoots has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. It has taken a few years for me to figure out why it galls me so and recently I have managed to sort the mangled emotions and boil it down to brass tax.

In my experiences, all these people care about is building their organizations. Their commitment is to building the biggest 501-c3 non-profit corporation that they can. Success to them is not expressed in healing the sick, setting the captives free, or any such noble and Christ like pursuit. But instead the want filled rooms so they can lecture (aka teach) those in need instead of helping them. In these twisted organizations Christ is not magnified, but the organization itself and the pompous leaders who dedicate themselves to spearhead their "ministry." The hypocrisy sickens me. In my own burdens and distress I have reached out to them only to find myself facing some sort of recruitment pitch to goto work for them.

I am free of them and eventually I will find what I am looking for.

The lady is cool..

will you ever really find what you are looking for..

In one manner.. I hope not..

I mean.. what did you come into this existence for, to begin with..

what I've figured out so far.. it is going to take love. No, not from me. That is already given..

my dream in this life puts me inside of a crystal palace. About ten meters tall..

the rest of "us" clothed in white..

I'm still looking..

sorry for the weirdness. Take it as you wish..

Seems to me that things that really are of God don't HAVE precise, discrete boxes of organization.

They start when one person does something of God, others respond, and do things of God with them,

and then a movement begins developing. Eventually, someone gives it a name and nowadays you end up

making it official, but really, that's incidental.

With things of man, they start with the precise, neatly-diagrammed organization, and develop from

there. No room for the Spirit of God to work- it's all planned out by men who claim to be doing it

in God's name and with His approval.

• 1 month later...

My time in the way international and my experiences with the offshoots has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. It has taken a few years for me to figure out why it galls me so and recently I have managed to sort the mangled emotions and boil it down to brass tax.

In my experiences, all these people care about is building their organizations. Their commitment is to building the biggest 501-c3 non-profit corporation that they can. Success to them is not expressed in healing the sick, setting the captives free, or any such noble and Christ like pursuit. But instead the want filled rooms so they can lecture (aka teach) those in need instead of helping them. In these twisted organizations Christ is not magnified, but the organization itself and the pompous leaders who dedicate themselves to spearhead their "ministry." The hypocrisy sickens me. In my own burdens and distress I have reached out to them only to find myself facing some sort of recruitment pitch to goto work for them.

I am free of them and eventually I will find what I am looking for.

This fall I'm starting to work on a master's degree in theological studies. I'm going to focus all my electives on the Greek language. That will me give accreditation to teach in a classical or interdenominational school, and a subject that's in demand. You can never find enough good Greek teachers!

The Anderson University School of Theology has a track for a master's of divinity, designed as an interdenominational program for training people who want to become pastors.

When the recruiter asked me if I might be interested in that program, I told him, "No thanks. Been there. Done that. Got the tee-shirt. Gave it to Goodwill!"

He was very understanding, and laughed. I took that as a good sign.

Love,

Steve

Every day is a winding road

:)

Winding, Binding Road- Pressed Down, Shaken Together, Running Over :offtopic: