GreaseSpot Cafe

How TWI disarmed me

PatAnswer

So very interesting. Intriguing..

Instead of admitting they were not able to perform their part of the bargain.. they quietly marked, avoided, ignored and sent those whom they falsely promised, off in the middle of the night..

"Same material over and over again? How is that really different from college or the military?"

Wow, John. You're scaring me here. You really don't see the difference? Most people who go through college follow a program of academic discipline. That means you follow a program that builds on itself in incremental steps. It's not at all "the same thing over and over". "The same thing over and over" would more aptly describe The Way's approach to learning.

Edited by waysider

Hi PAT. Good observations. I agree that it was in that session of PFAL that most of us were talked into shutting off our minds. VP specifically told us to quit thinking. That's the point at which we were mentally disarmed.

quote:

What were you 'threatened' with? They taught us we were born again of incorruptible seed and we were going to be at the gathering together no matter what. They couldn't threaten us with hell like the catholic and protestant churches routinely do. What threat?

Do you know what website we're on Johniam? Do you know the context of the name of this domain? Apparently you've never heard LCM bellow that if we left the protective confines of the "household", we'd be " a greasespot by midnight". We were threatened with destruction by "the adversary" if we didn't follow the accepted doctrine.

Do you know what website we're on Johniam? Do you know the context of the name of this domain? Apparently you've never heard LCM bellow that if we left the protective confines of the "household", we'd be " a greasespot by midnight". We were threatened with destruction by "the adversary" if we didn't follow the accepted doctrine.

Yes, and if you weren't worried about your own personal safety, what about that of your wife, your kids, mother, father, etc. And, I remember a teaching one time from the O.T. about how disobedience would have repercussions that could last for generations. Who would want that on their conscience? Not threatened?? Not hardly.

edit: And,then, you couple that with all the talk about the consequences of not fulfilling "commitments to God" and what do you have?

Edited by waysider

You bet, big hype about going wow or corpes, the spiritual blessings, unmatched spiritual growth.....you were God`s superstar! However you found out if you needed to leave for any reason...THEN you find out that you have made an unbreakable vow to God....that to not complete ....you were breaking your commitment to God = Lying to God = the consequences reaped by annanias and saphira.....

Death period. Scarier than physical death were the veiled threats of spiritual death that would occur with out God`s protection and love.

Darned right we were threatened.

Nother big threat...posession!

Talk to someone who had left the ministry and you risked possession by the same devil spirits that had affected the person whom had left.

I remember this in particular being warned not to talk to anyone who had been to any meeting that rd and jl hosted after they left twi.

How about the threat that God couldn`t protect you if you didn`t tithe?

Nother big threat...posession!

Talk to someone who had left the ministry and you risked possession by the same devil spirits that had affected the person whom had left.

I remember this in particular being warned not to talk to anyone who had been to any meeting that rd and jl hosted after they left twi.

How about the threat that God couldn`t protect you if you didn`t tithe?

lcm said often that if you didn't give AT LEAST 10%, God wouldn't even SPIT in your direction.

(Never explained why this was a desired result.)

In twi, we had freedom from the world outside twi, but eventually, one restraint after another

descended FROM twi.

We were required to give protection money to God- 10% or something bad would happen to us and family.

We were required to give time- or be disobedient, and something bad would happen to us and family.

(One person hesitated and a family member died at the time- it happens, people die and we can't stop that-

and someone in leadership held that over their head and asked which family member they wanted to

drop dead the next time they didn't jump when he said so.)

Eventually, it looks like it's safer to be disobedient to God and just be a bad Christian.

To be a twi Christian means that God, the devil AND twi are ready to inflict things on you.

Of course, those of us who survived twi thrived once we recovered from the experience.

"spiritual" homelessness.

Spiritual abandonment.. like being an orphan..

Not possible. Remember? Incorruptible seed. BOOP! In stays the button.

The exact sequence of our hope, according to 1 Thes 4 is...

1) rising (whether dead in Christ or alive)

2) meeting the Lord in the air

3) EVER being with the Lord. Forever!

Now think about that. We will receive rewards, and be with the Lord at that time. Do you think we will be judged and then cast away from the Lord? It says EVER be with the Lord. Talk about BFF. What superficial threat nullifies this? You can never be spiritually homeless again. This is really a love issue.

Charity vaunteth not itself. I can't think of a better example of vaunting itself than for a religious group to act like their puny little group is the only "broker" of the body of Christ on earth. Catholics and protestants do it. Even the smallest group, once money starts pouring in somebody decides it's better to judge and threaten people than to love people. "Better for the bottom line" We could see this at the twig level at times.

But twi actually taught, as doctrine, that we are born again of incorruptible seed, that we're going to heaven and all hell can't stop us from going. Oops.

I felt violated when forced out of twi at first, but never threatened to the point of doubting the hope. That's just me, I guess.

John, you've managed to change the subject again. No one is talking about God threatening them. They are talking about the threatening that took place within the organization. You seemed to understand this point in post #24. Is there something I can do to help you regain your focus?

• Upvote 1

That's awful nice of you, Ex-c - and I'm just gathering info mostly, and enjoying the posters, not contributing much, just buying the odd coffee since I got that free rhubarb pie from Waysider. Very glad the place is still open. To all, "glad to be going your way":

With you and the HamWay boys and ... and ... all, it's a Party. Who couldn't say "I've got a madman of my own to contend with, cursing in the cave of my skull:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ourscJeIJbA

Edited by cara