GreaseSpot Cafe

Your Abundant Sharing at Work

OldSkool

The way international demands money from it's followers claiming that the money is used in the outreach of God's Word. REALLY? Then tell me why the following is commonplace in the way ministry? And I am sure I am just scratching the surface.

• Field way corps routinely go out of pocket while conducting ministry business
  • All staff (whether on the field or not) are paid substandard wages
  • HQ and Gunnison are run on the tightest budget possible, and as a result, are in really bad repair
  • Staff at HQ and Gunnison are forced to "volunteer" to support the Sunday teaching service and other events after putting in a minimum of 46 hours a week
  • A majority of the abundant sharing goes to pay staff, but what do they actually produce? (way mag, STS, bookstore --- hey, has anyone at HQ ever heard of digital distribution? :thinking::biglaugh: )

Ok, enough for now. I am sure this topic has been covered thoroughly (or is it throughly?), but I thought I would post it up and "re-search" it a little further. :confused:

Does TWI provide the ugly clothing for their Lawrence Welk Singers & Dancers, or do they have to buy it themselves?

http://youtu.be/GfAglGilQBQ

That cute guy in the middle is soooo friggin sexy!! I don't like his tie, but I sure do like where it's pointing.

OH NOES!! Who said that? I never said that. But, seriously, VP, I don't like the color of his tie. Why would you bequeath a ministry to us that allowed its sexy male dancer to wear a tie that color, VP? Why? Was it something we said? Something we did? Something we didn't say? Something we didn't do? Because, really, VP, as a group, we did it all for you. Yes, I mean we did it all. *wink wink* Just for you. *kiss kiss*

So, seriously now, thanks for leaving us a ministry that has a guy this hot in it, that means a lot. He's really, really cute which means the ministry must be on the ball, since a hot guy like that is part of it.

Come to think of it, Craig was a hottie too when he was young, before he let himself go to seed. Seed! haha, I didn't mean to say that out loud. Someone might get the wrong idea, think of the wrong kind of seed, you know. Man seed!! OMG, who said that? I never said that.

No, seriously now, VP, thanks for the hotties over the years. Was it really true that Craig could crack a walnut between his thighs when he was young? Did he ever do that for you, show you that trick? Between his young, luscious thighs? Just wondering.

OK, enough kidding around. Seriously now, thanks for the collective memories, VP. And thanks for all the back rubs. And thanks for the encouragement you showed to us, your kids. We will never forget it. As you can see.

Does TWI provide the ugly clothing for their Lawrence Welk Singers & Dancers, or do they have to buy it themselves?

http://youtu.be/GfAglGilQBQ

That cute guy in the middle is soooo friggin sexy!! I don't like his tie, but I sure do like where it's pointing.

OH NOES!! Who said that? I never said that. But, seriously, VP, I don't like the color of his tie. Why would you bequeath a ministry to us that allowed its sexy male dancer to wear a tie that color, VP? Why? Was it something we said? Something we did? Something we didn't say? Something we didn't do? Because, really, VP, as a group, we did it all for you. Yes, I mean we did it all. *wink wink* Just for you. *kiss kiss*

So, seriously now, thanks for leaving us a ministry that has a guy this hot in it, that means a lot. He's really, really cute which means the ministry must be on the ball, since a hot guy like that is part of it.

Come to think of it, Craig was a hottie too when he was young, before he let himself go to seed. Seed! haha, I didn't mean to say that out loud. Someone might get the wrong idea, think of the wrong kind of seed, you know. Man seed!! OMG, who said that? I never said that.

No, seriously now, VP, thanks for the hotties over the years. Was it really true that Craig could crack a walnut between his thighs when he was young? Did he ever do that for you, show you that trick? Between his young, luscious thighs? Just wondering.

OK, enough kidding around. Seriously now, thanks for the collective memories, VP. And thanks for all the back rubs. And thanks for the encouragement you showed to us, your kids. We will never forget it. As you can see.

actually the blonde was more interesting to me :knuddel::rolleyes:

I knew the girl at HQ that was in charge of wardrobe a few years back. She wanted to replace some of the Singing Ladies' outfits to somwthing a little more flattering and in fashion. It was squashed because Rosie thought it would be distracting.

And the choir outfits have been the same outfits since the Auditorium opened. Yup. I was informed it was good stewardship. Seriously? You will pay Housekeeping to spend time putting courtesy folds on all the toilet paper, but buying new dresses for the choir that are more in tune with the times is a waste of money.... Right. I totally see the logic.

I knew the girl at HQ that was in charge of wardrobe a few years back. She wanted to replace some of the Singing Ladies' outfits to somwthing a little more flattering and in fashion. It was squashed because Rosie thought it would be distracting.

That's right. We can't have Donna getting hot flashes from all of those movements of the Swinging Ladies. That would just be so wrong.

You will pay Housekeeping to spend time putting courtesy folds on all the toilet paper, but buying new dresses for the choir ...

,,, pay Housekeeping????

,,, pay Housekeeping????

Oh ya. The new system vs the old need basis crap is they pay minimum wage plus 6 hours of time and a half and call it a salary based on an hourly rate. BUT - they never tell you the hourly rate. I did the math one day. Pay is better for "managers."

I guess Housekeeping has to be a (paid) staff job now, not done by in-rez Corps, as there aren't enough in-rez Corps to waste on doing that job.

Yep, your ABS at work.