GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille's Credentials and the Vetting Process

skyrider

Many are saying that this year's election, 2012, will be the most important election of our lifetime.

At present, the Republican candidates' lives, backgrounds, careers, and beliefs are being scrutinized

in this vetting process. And, it got me to thinking......how many of us "vetted wierwille" BEFORE we

embarked on the most important decision of our lives, our spiritual growth?....or detriment?

When I decided to take pfal.....wierwille's credentials were NOT in play. Would I have been bothered

to find all sorts of discrepancies like, for example:

1) Wierwille attended Pikes Peak Seminary....a non-descript, house-based, paper-degree mill.

2) Not 1942.....but 1957 was when wierwille moved away from his church and church payroll.

3) In 1953, wierwille took BG Leonard's class, twice.....and taught this class as his own.

4) Both "snowstorm accounts" have no witnesses and substantiating evidence is nile.

5) The India itinerary and Jain Convention were boastings that garnered very little fruit.

6) Bishop Pillai and Dr. I.S. Williams opened all the doors for vpw to speak to religious leaders.

7) Stiles' and Bullinger's work were plagairized to add to wierwille's foundational class and books.

8) After filming pfal, wierwille heads to California and pushing connections to experience an orgy.

9) Why did wierwille's Van Wert Church remove his name from the clergy registry?

10) Is this a man who walks with God or a man with something to hide?

Had I known this....would THIS be the organization that I wanted to teach me biblical truths?

Of course, its all speculation now....but it does raise the question of why so many of us NOW SEE THAT WE

WERE BLIND-SIDED. And, it raises the questions...."Why did other twi-elders NOT see all of these glaring

discrepancies and fabrications?" Good folks like Eddie and Donna D....and Mal and Jan G......and even,

Ermal and Dorthy E. were on this wierwille bandwagon.

You know, if wierwille had simply gone the corrupt route by like 1977 or so.....I'd admit that power corrupts

and absolute power corrupts absolutely. BUT......when listed, and the things above are only a partial list,

it becomes apparent that something just ain't right with this picture, doesn't it?

Is it any wonder why "the benefits of the pfal class" was highlighted as THE POINT OF SALE for the consumer?

Good-hearted wow ambassadors and young people where misplaced enthusiasm carried the day was the "heart and soul"

of twi's outreach. To me, and many others......it had very little to do with Wierwille or his charisma. It wasn't

until years later.......when way-tree structure (1975/76) was introduced and corps grads in masse (1977/78) were

assigned to specific "hot" areas....that wierwille's parlor game was showing itself as a con.

As wierwille gained access to more youth, more money.....he instituted structure that was DETRIMENTAL to those

'christ-in' individuals that craved spiritual freedom in Christ. And, with each passing year....the leash on

individual freedom was tightened, because its very essence produced a diminishing return of wierwille's power.

Yes, it took a couple of decades.....but finally, wierwille/twi was unmasked.

Usurpers and Interlopers are everywhere......in religion and politics.

Stay true to your inner self.

Ironic, isn't it?......

"It's Christ-in you, Christ-in you.......Chriiiist - in you.......the HOPE OF GLORY !!

Over and over and over, pfal grads repeated this in twig after twig. It was the apex of pfal-lore,

and the cornerstone that drove many to witness in their daily lives.

Yet, way-tree structure was supplanting pfal....and planting hierarchy doctrine.

The way corps graduates were supplanting good twig leadership across the country.

Corporate Way International were the elitists eating off the fruit of others' labors.

The right hand giveth.....but the left hand taketh away??? What the heck is going on???

Wierwille taught selective King James Scriptures.....seasoned with vague generalites and cliches.

Sunday night teaching after Sunday night teaching, wierwille was able to hide behind his preaching skills

and his charisma. Same rodeo week after week.....year after year.

After taking the advanced class, I realized that wierwille wasn't 'The Teacher' that he was purported to be.

And, although he put on his regular 'spiritual flair'......I couldn't help but realize that he didn't roll up

his sleeves and teach us how to walk by the spirit. He couldn't muster any experiential background and would

hide behind the statements, "If I teach you how I walk with God personally, that won't help you. How God

teaches me and works with me will be different that your walk."

Now, I've come to believe......that in youth, many of us PROJECTED on wierwille what we thought he was!

The more vague the picture, the more diversified the projection. That's how it works!

Mystique and intrigue is everything.

Credentials....who cares?

Wierwille taught selective King James Scriptures.....seasoned with vague generalites and cliches.

Now, I've come to believe......that in youth, many of us PROJECTED on wierwille what we thought he was!

The more vague the picture, the more diversified the projection. That's how it works!Mystique and intrigue is everything.

WOW...I've never been able to put my gut feelings into such clear statments. So, so TRUE!!

As wierwille gained access to more youth, more money.....he instituted structure that was DETRIMENTAL to those

'christ-in' individuals that craved spiritual freedom in Christ. And, with each passing year....the leash on

individual freedom was tightened, because its very essence produced a diminishing return of wierwille's power.

As someone who happened onto the scene long after Wierwille's death, all I ever saw for many years was the public persona veneer. Wierwille's leagacy was above reproach inside of the way international and it seemed all roads led to his example, which is a facade as well since he had others do the work he claimed credit for. Wierwille's legacy is a cornfield cult that still survives off of his efforts, in spite of Craig (and others) doing all the can to inadvertently destroy as much of it as they could. The trap is still set and people are still held captive by the image of a man that Wierwille never was. The more I learn about him from reading around on here the more I am appalled at him and those who followed him knowing what kind of man he really was. I am also astonished at myself that I was once so gullible to think God almighty raised him up to teach the world the word like it hasn't known since the first century. :smilie_kool_aid:

I am happy to be a part of exposing this false prophet's organization for what it really is - a corrupt organization run by corrupt individuals.

(snip)

1) Wierwille attended Pikes Peak Seminary....a non-descript, house-based, paper-degree mill.

2) Not 1942.....but 1957 was when wierwille moved away from his church and church payroll.

3) In 1953, wierwille took BG Leonard's class, twice.....and taught this class as his own.

[vpw put forth that all other Christians were either corrupt, incompetent, or both. He made many

claims-all unproven-to "support" this. He called respectable seminaries "cemeteries" and muddled in

secular colleges (where "Religion" is treated much like Cultural Anthropology) with respectable

colleges where Christian beliefs are expected. In the former, reading AROUND the Bible is standard,

in the latter, reading the Bible is required. Since, at most, we'd all encountered Religion classes

in a SECULAR university, this was very clever-it suggested to us that ALL education, including Christian

education- was anti-Bible. He denigrated the study of OTHERS who'd put years or decades of their lives

into studying the Bible, God, church history, church languages, etc, while putting forth that standard

practice at twi was to call vpw "Doctor"- which is something respectable PhDs generally do NOT do-

and the exceptions tend to be insufferable windbags whose need to hear their titles proudly displays

their INSECURITIES for all to see. Furthermore, he didn't even GET a proper, accredited PhD, he

got one from an unaccredited institution. He knew the difference- he got his Masters at a respectable

place, then went on to get his PhD at a flaky little place with lower standards. (Too much work to

EARN a proper PhD?)

vpw claimed he parted with his previous denomination over THEIR corruption.

Instead, he timed his departure VERY specifically- he had acquired a LOCATION (the farm was deeded

to the non-profit, allowing him to use it tax-free), a PRODUCT (Leonard's classes with Stiles' book

as the textbook) and was acquiring his own church people before he left his denomination. He was

perfectly happy to take their regular paycheck for years while he set up his new organization on the

side. That was about 1957, which gave him a few years to work with the land, and polish his presentation

of Leonard and Stiles' material while finding Bullinger's work to add to Stiles.

The real critical year for vpw was 1953. That was the year he encountered Stiles. Rather than learn from

Stiles about The Spirit and serving God, all vpw heard was "here's a textbook nobody's ever heard of,

on a subject people want to learn"- and he had it retyped with his own name on it. That was also the

year he encountered Leonard. Rather than learn from Leonard about The Spirit and serving God, all vpw heard

was "here's a class nobody's ever heard of, on a subject people want to learn"- and he taught it as his own

with his name on it. We know the first version was EXACTLY the same because anyone who'd taken Leonard's

class was considered-by vpw- to be a grad of HIS class- "Receiving the Holy Spirit Today" (with matching

book retyped from Stiles.) Later editions of both included the work of others like Bullinger, and transcripts

from the class were typed up to make up the other textbook, the Orange Book.

What about 1942? Well, in the early 1970s, vpw BEGAN claiming that in 1942, he heard from God, and God spoke

to him with a poorly-worded promise that God should have known better than to say, and confirmed it with a

miraculous snowstorm nobody else witnessed, whose details CHANGED depending on when vpw told it

(when it happened, what color the snow was...) ]

4) Both "snowstorm accounts" have no witnesses and substantiating evidence is nil.

The first one wasn't even told to his WIFE until over 20 years later. When it was first told

to others-according to Mrs W- it was in the early 70s to the early Corps. This just happens to

be the first people he could invent a story to who would actually take it seriously. Even if some

critical details changed when he retold it.

The second one was actually checked and didn't happen. When a believer in vpw told him this, he didn't

even SUGGEST they might have been mistaken (like any of us if we experienced a blizzard that stopped

us in a city) but IMMEDIATELY agreed it didn't happen and suggested angels had gone around and lied

to him to make him THINK there was a blizzard. So vpw didn't even STICK to that story when someone

pointed out the evidence was that it never happened.

5) The India itinerary and Jain Convention were boastings that garnered very little fruit.

6) Bishop Pillai and Dr. I.S. Williams opened all the doors for vpw to speak to religious leaders.

[vpw traveled and used the credentials of his organization, and relied on Pillai and Williams

to open the doors to him all over "his" tour. vpw reported this as if he was some sort of

CELEBRITY with the "doors to the Far East" open to him and being the FIRST Christian to

speak before the Jain Convention (which he may never have actually ADDRESSED, only VISITED while

Williams addressed it, but who would check his claims half a world away?]

7) Stiles' and Bullinger's work were plagairized to add to wierwille's foundational class and books.

[pfal was almost entirely a compilation of work from Leonard, Stiles, Bullinger and a few others

(Clarence Larkin.) The few times ANY of them were mentioned (usually Bullinger) it was in a way to

make it sound like he came to those conclusions INDEPENDENTLY of Bullinger and others.]

8) After filming pfal, wierwille heads to California and pushing connections to experience an orgy.

9) Why did wierwille's Van Wert Church remove his name from the clergy registry?

[True-and he came back with "adult" materials he used to teach a class on sex to twi'ers.

Amazingly, many people now still don't find anything suspicious about that class despite its

content, what it does NOT cover, and who was teaching it.

We don't have access to the records, but a source I'm unable to name was specific that they did some

digging (while IN twi) and found out the denomination disapproved of vpw being a sex maniac and

causing some issues with a church secretary. By now, this should surprise no one.]

10) Is this a man who walks with God or a man with something to hide?

Had I known this....would THIS be the organization that I wanted to teach me biblical truths?

Of course, its all speculation now....but it does raise the question of why so many of us NOW SEE THAT WE

WERE BLIND-SIDED. And, it raises the questions...."Why did other twi-elders NOT see all of these glaring

discrepancies and fabrications?" Good folks like Eddie and Donna D....and Mal and Jan G......and even,

Ermal and Dorthy E. were on this wierwille bandwagon.

You know, if wierwille had simply gone the corrupt route by like 1977 or so.....I'd admit that power corrupts

and absolute power corrupts absolutely. BUT......when listed, and the things above are only a partial list,

it becomes apparent that something just ain't right with this picture, doesn't it?

Is it any wonder why "the benefits of the pfal class" was highlighted as THE POINT OF SALE for the consumer?

Good-hearted wow ambassadors and young people where misplaced enthusiasm carried the day was the "heart and soul"

of twi's outreach. To me, and many others......it had very little to do with Wierwille or his charisma. It wasn't

until years later.......when way-tree structure (1975/76) was introduced and corps grads in masse (1977/78) were

assigned to specific "hot" areas....that wierwille's parlor game was showing itself as a con.

Usurpers and Interlopers are everywhere......in religion and politics.

Stay true to your inner self.

WW....thanks for adding to this thread. For those who want the long-version of things....you are the man.

One clarification though.......wierwille went to Tulsa in December 1951 to a gathering called "The Divine

Healing Convention" where he encountered J.E. Stiles.

The real critical year for vpw was 1953. That was the year he encountered Stiles.

Mrs. Wierwille writes in her book, Born Again to Serve p. 79......"On Thursday, December 13, when Dr. Wierwille

was sitting at a restaurant counter, eating breakfast and telling his reason for coming to the convention to a person

sitting next to him, a woman two seats away overheard him. This woman immediately spoke to

Dr. Wierwille, "I think God sent a man here to meet your need by the name of J.E. Stiles."

"Dr. Wierwille related to us what happened next:"

That's how this machinery started, and I said, "Well, where can I meet him?" Then she evidently

set it up because she contacted me and said, "J.E. Stiles will be at such and such an entrance in the

convention hall. He'll be there at 9:00," and I said in my mind, "I'll bet he won't be

there at 9:00 because I just haven't seen very many people that honest," and I told God if he

wasn't there at 9:00 I wouldn't have anything to do with him. I went to the agreed place at the appointed

time, and there was J.E. Stiles waiting for me. He said he'd go any place to help me, but he said

he'd first like to hear Oral Roberts speak. Would I like to hear Oral? Of course, that was one of

the reasons I was there.

Note: Three things highlighted in red:

1) A woman directs vpw to Stiles.......and wierwille thought disparagingly of women

2) Wierwille thinks himself as honest and others not....why so negative and distrustful?

3) J.E. has priority to hear Oral Roberts teaching......then, help wierwille

Edited by skyrider

*checks "the way:Living in Wonderland*

Winter of 1951. I wonder when I started confusing that.

Makes a lot more sense. Having him meet Stiles and Leonard in the

same year never seemed quite right to me.

He had the book, then began teaching Leonard's class,

then had Stiles' book retyped and printed in-house to supplement

Leonard's class. Now the order makes sense.

==========

Thanks for the kudos. We all add to the whole as suits our talents.

I rely on people like Oakspear to provide additional analysis when I

text-dump, catching details I missed when I was typing.

Sunday night teaching after Sunday night teaching, wierwille was able to hide behind his preaching skills

and his charisma. Same rodeo week after week.....year after year.

After taking the advanced class, I realized that wierwille wasn't 'The Teacher' that he was purported to be.

And, although he put on his regular 'spiritual flair'......I couldn't help but realize that he didn't roll up

his sleeves and teach us how to walk by the spirit. He couldn't muster any experiential background and would

hide behind the statements, "If I teach you how I walk with God personally, that won't help you. How God

teaches me and works with me will be different that your walk."

The more vague the picture, the more diversified the projection. That's how it works!

Mystique and intrigue is everything.

vpw's lifelong specialty was "the gift of gab." He considered a number of careers, and settled on the

one that allowed him to get by most with clever speeches. Despite that, he admitted he was ready to

quit on ministry a few times in the first year or so. That might be because his entire commitment was

based on something OTHER than believing the Bible.

He supplemented his "sizzle" by adding "steak"- the work of Leonard, Stiles and Bullinger (and others.)

He claimed it was all his own work, and that the reason we'd heard better from him than elsewhere was

that elsewhere, it was IMPOSSIBLE and that only HE really cared about the Bible and what God wanted

and had NO agenda, and that he and only he had a special connection with God unique for about 2000 years.

We believed some or all of it partly because we didn't imagine someone would lie so blatantly, especially

representing God. We didn't consider legitimate Bible teaching might have been REGURGITATED from other

sources (Stiles, Bullinger, Leonard, Larkin, Kenyon, etc) and presented by a liar/cheat/conman/Lord Over

God's Heritage.

We've shown all of that was one lie after another, and yet there's STILL people who go around making

those very claims. They're AFRAID to grow up spiritually. They're AFRAID to see UNPLEASANT truths.

They care more about "a good feeling" (like you can get on any therapist's couch, according to vpw)

than about Truth.

Mrs. Wierwille writes in her book, Born Again to Serve p. 79......"On Thursday, December 13, when Dr. Wierwille

was sitting at a restaurant counter, eating breakfast and telling his reason for coming to the convention to a person

sitting next to him, a woman two seats away overheard him. This woman immediately spoke to

Dr. Wierwille, "I think God sent a man here to meet your need by the name of J.E. Stiles."

Hey, WW.....does Whites1de's The Way: Living in Love give the details of A WOMAN directing wierwille to a man,

J.E. Stiles, who would meet his need in Tulsa?

Amazing, isn't it? Wierwille was known to think disparagingly of women throughout his life and yet, time after time

women were pivotal in directing wierwille......

1) This woman at the Tulsa Convention....sets appointment for wierwille to meet Stiles

2) Rosalxnd Rxnker......prods wierwille to search the scriptures for truth

3) Dr. E.E. H!ggins.....gives wierwille a Bullinger book, vpw later buys the others

If a man cannot change his perception and prejudice of women after this, how could he be receptive to "renewing

his mind" to other truths?

"Dr. Wierwille related to us what happened next:"

That's how this machinery started, and I said, "Well, where can I meet him?" Then she evidently

set it up because she contacted me and said, "J.E. Stiles will be at such and such an entrance in the

convention hall. He'll be there at 9:00," and I said in my mind, "I'll bet he won't be

there at 9:00 because I just haven't seen very many people that honest," and I told God if he

wasn't there at 9:00 I wouldn't have anything to do with him. I went to the agreed place at the appointed

time, and there was J.E. Stiles waiting for me. He said he'd go any place to help me, but he said

he'd first like to hear Oral Roberts speak. Would I like to hear Oral? Of course, that was one of

the reasons I was there.

Note: Three things highlighted in red:

1) A woman directs vpw to Stiles.......and wierwille thought disparagingly of women

2) Wierwille thinks himself as honest and others not....why so negative and distrustful?

3) J.E. has priority to hear Oral Roberts teaching......then, help wierwille

Hey, WW.....does Whites1de's The Way: Living in Love give the details of A WOMAN directing wierwille to a man,

J.E. Stiles, who would meet his need in Tulsa?

Amazing, isn't it? Wierwille was known to think disparagingly of women throughout his life and yet, time after time

women were pivotal in directing wierwille......

1) This woman at the Tulsa Convention....sets appointment for wierwille to meet Stiles

2) Rosalxnd Rxnker......prods wierwille to search the scriptures for truth

3) Dr. E.E. H!ggins.....gives wierwille a Bullinger book, vpw later buys the others

If a man cannot change his perception and prejudice of women after this, how could he be receptive to "renewing

his mind" to other truths?

pg-199 & 200.

quote:

"The next morning, I still hadn't left town. I went to breakfast at the

hotel, sat down next to a straight guy. He looked me over and recognized me. He began,

'Aren't you the Evangelical and Reformed preacher who spoke in tongues last night?'

I said, 'Yes, but it was a damn lie.' Then he said he knew I was dam*ed because I

cussed. That ended our conversation.

Then a woman came over to me, and said, 'I think God sent a man here to meet your need.

Meet me at 9am.' I thought,

'Women never tell the truth.'

But then I reconsidered, since I was stuck in town anyway. So I decided to meet her.

I got to the place she said at 9am, and there she was. She introduced me to a man named

J.E. Stiles. He'd com in from the West Coast. A few days before, God had told him to go to

Tulsa to minister the holy spirit

to one man.

We talked for a few minutes, and he

suggested we gointo the rally to hear Oral Roberts and then meet for lunch.

So that's what we did. At lunchtime Stiles came in with his wife and the pianist. I just

remember thinking to myself,

'There aren't going to be any women around when I get the holy spirit.'

I was just watching and waiting. Lunch was kind of light talk- we talked about Oral

Roberts, the Holy Spirit, lots of stuff. When we were done, I picked up the check, and

then Stiles turned to his wife and said, 'Honey, I'm going with VP.' She said something

to him like, 'How long will you be?' And he said,

'That's none of your business.'

That was it, and my opinion of him as a man went up 99 percent.

His stature increased in my eyes. just from the way he handled her."

some Corps implied that Wierwille considered running as a dark horse for the United church of Christ presidenntial race by joining the Congregational Christian church back in the 50's against the pastor of Corinth Evangelical and Reformed Church here in Hickory(Robert Moss)but decided against it. Both men are dead but if Wierwille had been Lutheran from 1970's on, he would have been recommended by local council, met regularly with Synod Professional Preparation committee, had very strict regimen of required classes including 2 years of Koine(not classical) Greek, 1 year of Hebrew/Aramaic,, 2 years of church history(including knowing various denominations and their theology), classes on liturgy, hymnody, sacred music, counseling, homiletics , hemenetics, plus 1 year of being mentored by an older, experienced pastor during internship, and upon graduation is expected to be ordained and quickly installed in a congregation sharing similar strengths with new pastor.Too bad Wierwille didn't have this intense process.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner