GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwillian Utopia

skyrider

The Age of 'Wierwillian Utopia' was very short-lived......even twi recognized it.

During this period, specifically 1978-1982.....wierwille envisioned corps and clergy standing faithful to his ministry into the sunset years of life. The messaging was clear: twi was making accommodations for later years. For example....

1) The Corps Chalet was built for visiting corps grads.....to spend time with Dr. and Mrs. Wierwille

2) Camp Gunnison was available for sunset corps & faithful followers to build a personalized retirement cabin

3) Ordained clergy were given a desk-top emblematic oakbasin....it would be displayed at twi after clergy death

4) University of Life would give others access to wierwille's depth of research for generations to come

Lofty visions and lofty goals that never came to fruition.

In wierwille's world, he envisioned that corps would ALWAYS want to come and 'sit at the master's feet.' And, why shouldn't he? The corps marched in lockstep to his commands and, only in isolated instances, seldom rebelled. The adulation was overwhelming as "his corps came home each year" to accommodate the corps week/roa workload....but there's a vast difference between subjective subordination and inner-passionate loyalty.

The corps chalet project was a rising star.....that lasted all of a few years. <_<

The Corps Chalet was built on the concept of visiting corps graduates, while at hdqts, to spend quality time

with Dr. and Mrs. Wierwille in later years. The structure of the chalet had a wrap-around balcony to accommodate

40-60 people in a casual, comfortable setting and the 4 'corps-tels' were for overnight guests. Each of the 4

corps-tels had a different, interior wood...ie mahogany, red oak, etc. A loft in the chalet was available for

extra sleep-over corps far less privacy than the corps-tels. The kitchen was designed to serve groups of people

with greater ease and function. On corps nights, this project and its purpose was disclosed to the corps.....

and they anticipated, and worked, towards its completion.

For about three months, Dr. and Mrs. Wierwille lived in the Corps Chalet. The master bedroom was on the second

floor with other rooms and amenities. The first floor had another bedroom for live-in assistance. At the time,

a 7th corps couple were assigned as 'valets' to help the wierwilles. And, of course.....large stone fireplaces

and a very nice office tucked on the northside with bay-window view of the way woods. Additions were made years

later.....so others would have to speak of those. I believe the last time I was in the corps chalet was 1984.

After three months (1981)......wierwille was ready to move back to his home. Some reasons were given on a corps

night, but suffice it to say......the 'vision of the corps chalet' was quickly swept aside and martindale was

president-elect at the time. In one swift motion, wierwille designated that the martindales would move into the

corps chalet as he was the Corps Director, and all. Just like that....the 'corps chalet was gone' and became the

private home of the martindales.

With each passing year, few corps were ever invited to the corps chalet. It simply became off-limits and twi's

security patrols kept people from trespassing. Yes.....trespassing.

The corps chalet was added to the list of broken promises, broken dreams.

Edited by skyrider

Was anything with that man what it seemed to be?

OldSkool......I don't know.

By the time most of us crossed his path......wierwille had been building narcissistic monuments to himself for 20 years!

Or more? And, by 1960....he and others planted the 7 maple tree circle with the family cemetary in mind. The wierwille

legacy was first, foremost and always the center of his world.

4) University of Life would give others access to wierwille's depth of research for generations to come

Lofty visions and lofty goals that never came to fruition.

Univ. of Life? Depth of research? Lofty? Well, I guess it's all a matter of perspective...

• Upvote 1

Interesting.

Were there ever thoughts or plans for Joe Schmo believer to kiss the masters feet? The ones who opted to go WOW and "serve" in others ways instead of go to college and plan a life? The average "believer" often turned their back on family and friends, true support systems, to live in the "true" household? What about the people who got so caught up they didn't plan for retirement......

What a joke it all was....we don't get that time back.

I do remember LCM or some idiot saying that our kids were our retirement. Just what a parent wants to do....burden their children.

Clearly, he never met my daughter.....sweet girl...love her, but I can't even get her to sweep the kitchen. I think supporting Mom and Pop in our sunset years is a stretch.

• Upvote 1

For those who might not know.....I should add that the log structure of the corps chalet was built by

Grand Log Homes in Colorado (iirc). The main pole beam logs and shell were assembled by this construction

crew....independent from way builders and/or local contract labor.

Lots of the interior work and chinking was done by way builders and corps labor.

Univ. of Life? Depth of research? Lofty? Well, I guess it's all a matter of perspective...

Their perspective.......not mine.

yeah and if I remember correctly wrong type of logs for Ohio climates, should have gotten logs from southern Appalachian Mountains, not Rocky Mountains. The former was much closer in distance, more appropiate, and possibly even cheaper cost. :smilie_kool_aid:

The Age of 'Wierwillian Utopia' was very short-lived......even twi recognized it.

During this period, specifically 1978-1982.....wierwille envisioned corps and clergy standing faithful to his ministry into the sunset years of life. The messaging was clear: twi was making accommodations for later years. For example....

1) The Corps Chalet was built for visiting corps grads.....to spend time with Dr. and Mrs. Wierwille

2) Camp Gunnison was available for sunset corps & faithful followers to build a personalized retirement cabin

3) Ordained clergy were given a desk-top emblematic oakbasin....it would be displayed at twi after clergy death

What a difference a FEW SHORT YEARS MAKE.

In 1980/81.....when wierwille soared his rhetoric of Camp Gunnison and all those "visions" of sunset corps who would each build their own cabin AND a big restaurant on the hill by the water tower AND daily activities enjoyed by all that corps/staffers would be there to provide and oversee........

THUD was the result. By 1984, wierwille was complaining that the trustees were putting him out to pasture and not listening to his advice any more. Wierwille was battling health issues and, supposedly, the only one who really cared to listen was cgeer.

Not one person built a "personal retirement cabin" at Camp Gunnison.....with twi's agreement that, upon death, the cabin would then belong to twi. Not one person ventured into this SCAM.

THE GAME OF WIERWILLE INDOCTRINATION WAS OVER.....at least, for this generation. The corps were essentially leaving their nametags at the door....and moving onward. Reality had set in. Job opportunities, education advancement, careers, kids, school, churches, community and club memberships.......the wierwillian utopia that never was, dissipated in the dawning of a new day.

I do remember LCM or some idiot saying that our kids were our retirement. Just what a parent wants to do....burden their children.

That's all good, except when you or I are the kid that needs to take care of our parents. Rosalie HATES that she has to deal with that reality with aging way corps whose parents are in need. She would rather assign the people wherever she feels the need and quote the scripture about letting the community take care of the aging parents. I hope her turn in the barrel comes along one day.

BUT.......the wierwille indoctrination camp was not going to go down without a fight! After wierwille's death in May 1985, some were plotting its comeback....as beneficiaries, indeed. Enter Chris Geer --- 1986. The basic premise of this POP paper was that the trustees and U.S. corps had FORSAKEN "the man of God".....and were no longer in lockstep.

Geer wanted to RE-INSTITUTE the wierwille indoctrination....."the ministry of Dr. Wierwille" was being neglected and dismissed. And further, Geer had been given "the last will and testament" by wierwille when he came to Gartmore prior to his death. The "reincarnated claims of I've got the answers!" was, once again, standing before corps and clergy......and the question was, "Will they fall for it again?" Yep!.....scores of clergy later flew to Gartmore to sit at the feet of chris geer.

Geer claimed that he had the Wierwille mantle.

Martindale claimed that he had the Wierwille mantle.

Today, Rosalie is running with the Wierwille mantle.

The Wierwillian Utopia DIED 30 years ago......yet, cult offshoots romance a utopia on earth! The scriptures debunk any and all concepts of such babel-ings from genesis to revelation. That which was....will continue to be, until it stops!

That's all good, except when you or I are the kid that needs to take care of our parents. Rosalie HATES that she has to deal with that reality with aging way corps whose parents are in need. She would rather assign the people wherever she feels the need and quote the scripture about letting the community take care of the aging parents. I hope her turn in the barrel comes along one day.

That is just hateful....I hope people tell her NO. That is vile......really ugly. Despicable.

What is even more sad is if people let her control them to the point of abandoning their elderly parents. Jesus, while dying on the cross, was still concerned with Mary's welfare. Dying for the sins of the world and still looking out for His mom.

What a difference a FEW SHORT YEARS MAKE.

Not one person built a "personal retirement cabin" at Camp Gunnison.....with twi's agreement that, upon death, the cabin would then belong to twi. Not one person ventured into this SCAM.

Sadly, this SCAM did happen to Bo R#h@rd at headquarters. He built a house on the grounds for himself with no contract about ownership. When they fired him, they told him to get off of THEIR property and never come back. He was told that the building belonged to TWI. I can't imagine such an emotional and financial slap in the face.

It was the best thing that ever happened to him. He left, got additional education, started a successful business(s), and is very wealthy and FREE today.

Sadly, this SCAM did happen to Bo R#h@rd at headquarters. He built a house on the grounds for himself with no contract about ownership. When they fired him, they told him to get off of THEIR property and never come back. He was told that the building belonged to TWI. I can't imagine such an emotional and financial slap in the face.

It was the best thing that ever happened to him. He left, got additional education, started a successful business(s), and is very wealthy and FREE today.

Yeah....that's right. And, didn't JAL's dad, Lynn Sr. who worked at Eli Lilly, help "donate" the Indiana Limb Home to twi? I know its different in a way......but still, twi was so quick to cut ties when JAL spoke out in 1987.

Wierwille and co. were a bunch of deceivers and money-grabbers!

never understood why VPW would want to move into the Corps Chalet when the Hut/Shack of His Healing Presence was readily available