GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

A man becomes obsessed with his own beauty and youth and sells his soul to indulge in a life of selfish pleasure, sin and debauchery, with no regard for morality or consequences. After his death, he looks in a mirror and looks at himself and discovers that he has become a doctor also known as Dr. McDreamy.

A bit of a spelling glitch here, but

"Dorian Gray (Grey)'s Anatomy"?

George

"The Picture of Dorian Gray's Anatomy."

I was informed the other day of what TV show had Dr Mc Dreamy.

I think I beat you by a couple of hours. "The Picture of Dorian Gray" is an older movie. It was remade, simply as "Dorian Gray" a few years ago. In either case, there's still the Gray/Grey difficulty, but I've been known to fudge the rules more than that. ;)

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

I think I beat you by a couple of hours. "The Picture of Dorian Gray" is an older movie. It was remade, simply as "Dorian Gray" a few years ago. In either case, there's still the Gray/Grey difficulty, but I've been known to fudge the rules more than that. wink.gif

George

Indeed, but I think it's WordWolfs turn because I was going with the older movie, so his answer is what I was looking for. Or, flip a coin, and as far as the Gray/Grey thing I just thought that it sounded fun.

I thought he was misnaming the older movie, since I didn't know there WAS a newer movie.

But, let me see what I can come up with...

In this TV movie, the 7 survivors of a shipwreck discover they've ended up

stranded near a lab where a scientist has been genetically manipulating

humans and animals.

That's too tough WordWolf. Put a lot of thought into that one didn't you. And now I have to come up with something.

Gilligan's Island of Dr Moreau

Correct.

And, honestly, wouldn't "Gilligan's Island of Dr Moreau" be worth watching?

It's like someone's wish, in the 80s, for

"A Very Brady Chainsaw Massacre."

I've got the first half alright, (which seems to be latter half of the clue) but I'm not too sure about the other half. Besides fudging a little with dances, I'll guess then, Rich Gere played in a movie about ball room dancing

Shall We Dance (s) With Wolves????

This TV-movie is the story of a struggling trucker who's trying to rebuild his life. After the death of his wife, he tries to make amends with his son who he left behind years earlier. Upon their first meeting, his son doesn't think too highly of him until he enters a competition to be the best cook.

I'm guessing that the "movie" part is about the trucker, though I don't recognize the plot. The TV part could be "Iron Chef," though there are a number of cooking competition shows.

George

The word "Iron" does not appear in this title.

The link is that the word "competition" could refer to either half of the title. :)