GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

Is this

"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai in the 8th Dimension"?

I may have gotten the dimension wrong-I've never watched the movie.

I've read the print ads. ("Buckaroo WHO?")

Actually, it's ACROSS the 8th Dimension.

But I'll give it to you. ;)

"Buckaroo Banzai" actually had quite a stellar cast.

And at least one good quote" "No matter where you go, there you are."

George

A Spanish land owner makes heaven on earth and picks for his daughter his favorite son who is a French Marlon Brando to inherit his wealth but his other daughter falls in love with a German cat. At one point the wealthy land owner does the Tango with his favorite son and his other daughter becomes jealous but he eventually succumbs to the lures of the lone assassins knife.

Edited by Human without the bean

It sounds as though "Last Tango in Paris" is part of this, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding some of the plot elements.

George

A revision is in order.

Sorry about those plot elements George, they were not very clear. Hopefully, now, it will be much better. And it has nothing to do with Last Tango as you'll identity.

A Spanish land owner and rich Patriarch wills his vast fortune to his daughters and his favorite Grandson Rudolph Valentino who becomes the heir of many plagues before his life spirals out of control and he is silenced by an assassins knife.

A Spanish land owner and rich Patriarch wills his vast fortune to his daughters and his favorite Grandson Rudolph Valentino who becomes the heir of many plagues before his life spirals out of control and he is silenced by an assassins knife.

I probably couldn't name another movie with Rudolph Valentino in it ( revision: I just found out he was also in The Sheik 1924) but the first part of the clue is the movie I recklessly mentioned that he danced the tango in and made him a star of silent movies.

Here's another about the last half of the clue: "The horror the horror"!

Edited by Human without the bean

Sorry about those plot elements George, they were not very clear. Hopefully, now, it will be much better. And it has nothing to do with Last Tango as you'll identity.

A Spanish land owner and rich Patriarch wills his vast fortune to his daughters and his favorite Grandson Rudolph Valentino who becomes the heir of four plagues that he endures when he enters World War 1 and his life spirals out of control and he is silenced by an assassins knife.

I don't know if there's a movie with the first half of this title, but I'll try

"Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Now"

George

Yes there is a movie titled The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse. I watched a lot of it on line last week trying to link up these two movies.

Pretty good guess George. I knew of it but haven't ever before watched it.