GreaseSpot Cafe
Sign in to follow this  
Pete

A Very Dubious Policy

In 1998-99, Robert Wilkinson as a Director of the Way in Great Britain Ltd (or as it was named then "Christian Counselling and Resources Ltd") made a loan of £100,000 pounds to "an associated charity in America" - name undisclosed. I wonder what this charity was? Funny that later on, when Robert relocated to the USA, he was welcomed with open arms by Vince Finnegan.

I also notice that in 1997-1998, Robert decided to pay himself a director's renumeration of £50,000.00 on top of expenses, and a salary to his wife Barbara of £22,000. Strange that the same year, the organisation had an income of just under £26,000 (excluding bank and building society interest). That seems like a strange way to run a business to me! I wonder if all the people who "abundantly shared" that year were aware of this?

I'd be interested to know if the loan was made to Vince Finnegan's organisation, if not, to whom. Was anyone else aware of these seemingly dubious financial transactions. Unfortunately Robert now apears to have "gone to ground", although I notice that Robert junior has his own facebook page.

there's a robert and barbara wilkinson in schenectady, new york, along with a richard (don't know who that is), but i seem to recall and brit who is in the USA telling me they lived in upstate NY

Huh, I liked Robert but thought Geer had stamped all over him. So RW set up this new clone, did he? Surprises me a bit, it's a rather un-Brit-like thing to do. But then .. shouldn't be surprised by anything the higher-ups did or still do.

Huh, I liked Robert but thought Geer had stamped all over him. So RW set up this new clone, did he? Surprises me a bit, it's a rather un-Brit-like thing to do. But then .. shouldn't be surprised by anything the higher-ups did or still do.

Hi Twinky

It may be that Robert "bought in" to Vince's organisation by giving them the loan. I don't think Robert set up his own charity in the US. I think that the other charity that he "bought into" may have been VFs.

Excathedra

Yes, I think that Richard is Robert's son and lives in NY (not literally "Robert" junior as I stated before). He is the one that has the Facebook account. He looks the image of Robert. Seems like they looked after themselves OK, doesn't it?

Does anyone know the full story?

I remember Robert saying that CG had tried to impose changes to the WIGB (Way in GB) that would have caused the charities commission in the UK to close them down. He didn't elaborate what these changes were.

Meanwhile CG retaliated by suggesting that the devil was influencing what Robert and the WIGB were doing.

So CG branched off on his own and sliced off the majority of the income by taking others with him, including the majority of the European WC.

Then it looks like Robert did his own bail out and absconded to the US.

Both CG and RW are very astute individuals. They are both mentally sharp and you'd need to be on your toes with them. As to whether they are as talented when it comes to spiritual matters, who knows. However, if you want to credit them with being gifted individuals according to the senses, I wouldn't deny this.

An interesting story comes to mind that was recounted to me by one of the WC.

When CG was travelling in the UK he left his car parked up and was approached by a dubious character who offered to "look after" his car for a financial consideration. CG proposed an alternative deal: if he came back and found anything wrong with his car, he would break both the guys' legs. How's that for a deal. So you see, you have to be on your toes if you get involved. They didn't get where they are today (financially) by being "nice" to everyone.

Hi Twinky

It may be that Robert "bought in" to Vince's organisation by giving them the loan. I don't think Robert set up his own charity in the US. I think that the other charity that he "bought into" may have been VFs.

Excathedra

Yes, I think that Richard is Robert's son and lives in NY (not literally "Robert" junior as I stated before). He is the one that has the Facebook account. He looks the image of Robert. Seems like they looked after themselves OK, doesn't it?

Does anyone know the full story?

I remember Robert saying that CG had tried to impose changes to the WIGB (Way in GB) that would have caused the charities commission in the UK to close them down. He didn't elaborate what these changes were.

Meanwhile CG retaliated by suggesting that the devil was influencing what Robert and the WIGB were doing.

So CG branched off on his own and sliced off the majority of the income by taking others with him, including the majority of the European WC.

Then it looks like Robert did his own bail out and absconded to the US.

Both CG and RW are very astute individuals. They are both mentally sharp and you'd need to be on your toes with them. As to whether they are as talented when it comes to spiritual matters, who knows. However, if you want to credit them with being gifted individuals according to the senses, I wouldn't deny this.

An interesting story comes to mind that was recounted to me by one of the WC.

When CG was travelling in the UK he left his car parked up and was approached by a dubious character who offered to "look after" his car for a financial consideration. CG proposed an alternative deal: if he came back and found anything wrong with his car, he would break both the guys' legs. How's that for a deal. So you see, you have to be on your toes if you get involved. They didn't get where they are today (financially) by being "nice" to everyone.

Where is that exactly? Carrying his own pee bag around on a hose?

Living like a ho' off other's dollars?

The thing about people who are really mean though is that being mean will bring a person to boil and to do things others wouldn't - faster and more forcefully. Where one person might try to defend themselves a mean vindictive hateful person will just cut you and leave you to bleed out, without blinking. That's Geer.

But hey, watch he doesn't slosh his urine on you, yeah.