GreaseSpot Cafe

Still the same old !

Allan

So anyways, my wife just attended her fathers funeral at which her brother, sister-in-law ( innies ), their country co-ord and a couple of other minions were present. Wifes other older brother who has been out/delivered for years, was invited/enticed to attend their sunday fellowship before flying home. He was talking afterwards to my wife and said the whole time there he felt...he was searching for the right word...my wife answered,'oppressed' ?. He said, "THAT'S the word" !! Nothing changes....then he mentioned that brother - in-law ( his brother ) is writing a book to present to the trustees detailing EVERYTHING that is wrong with 'the ministry' hahahahahahahahahahaha...this coming from a handful of the worst offenders when it comes to legalistic hard heartedness and abusers of God's people...oh the 'games people play lol. Mr. Linder, you better let Rosie know, there's a book coming her way, probably titled something like, oh I don't know..."The Blind leading the blind" :biglaugh:/> oh and btw bro-in-law, you may have heard the rumours, we're on 10 acres with guns ( purely for rabbits of course :biglaugh:/> ) ...they're correct. p.s. I will leave this up for a day or two fellow Gsérs

Edited by Allan

thankyou Waysider ! My father-law was a tough old bast*&d. Both parents left when he was a teen and he helped his 17, yes 17, siblings stick together and survive in the pacific islands, no mean feat !! His inner man speaks volumes of his character :D

Sounds like he knew a lot more about character than anyone at hq.

yep, good old fashioned 'let's make the most of a bad situation'...and you know something ? In the 30 odd years I knew him, he hardly ever talked about it, never praised himself for doing what needed to be done and never once bad mouthed his parents.

Allan, condolences (again) to you and all your family. Your bro in law musta been a real no-nonsense character to have raised all his siblings - and his own kids. Seen it and done it all before - no pulling the wool over his eyes.

Nice (?) of some of the Wayfers to attend but I hope they didn't get to speak, mouth off the usual platitudes. I can't imagine what a full-blown Wayfer funeral would be like, but compassion and caring are not words that spring to mind readily. They obviously weren't either of those things when your bro in law went to the home fellowship.

Contrasting that with the various funerals I went to last year - I think there were 6, maybe 7 - the Christian funerals were all uplifting, joyous, celebratory and very loving. Mostly, the gospel message and the Hope were held forth, because that's what the deceased would have wanted - but not in a preachy way - in a loving and tender way. The bereaved family were cared for, before, during and after the funeral. The gatherings afterwards were lovely.

By contrast, non-Christian (non-believer) funerals were sad, dull events with a gloomy party afterwards.

I imagine a Wayfer funeral would be the worst of both.

Well done on your bro in law escaping the oppression.

Sorry about the loss Allen!

Dangit, I was hoping said bro in law was OUT! not a chance??? We sure liked him long ago. Bummer. So he is the one writng the book???? still in?

Sorry, all the bro in laws, brother, etc had me googley eyed wacko.gif

lol

Bliss

Sorry about the loss Allen!

Dangit, I was hoping said bro in law was OUT! not a chance??? We sure liked him long ago. Bummer. So he is the one writng the book???? still in?

Sorry, all the bro in laws, brother, etc had me googley eyed wacko.gif

lol

Bliss

I've known him since he was 14....I'll just leave it at that ! yes apparently him with the oirish guy directing :biglaugh:

Edited by Allan