GreaseSpot Cafe

Music of the Movies (Game)

Raf

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the song well (we played it at every frat party when I was in college). Can't think of a movie featuring it, though.

George

There were also many parties in the movie but not that kind of party. It's late 90's. It had a great soundtrack but Layla was the crescendo. Picture a couple in a limo, (they weren't in good shape), someone in a frozen state,( not Alaska), a garbage truck with trash ( but not the kind you think), a trailer full of meat hanging on hooks ( but not the kind of meat you eat).

I'm being funny George. Any of these ring a bell?

There were also many parties in the movie but not that kind of party. It's late 90's. It had a great soundtrack but Layla was the crescendo. Picture a couple in a limo, (they weren't in good shape), someone in a frozen state,( not Alaska), a garbage truck with trash ( but not the kind you think), a trailer full of meat hanging on hooks ( but not the kind of meat you eat).

I'm being funny George. Any of these ring a bell?

Speaking of crescendo's, the interlude is playing the entire time that the carnage arrives like a thief in the night and the bodies are collected because of someone rolling the dice and trying to make everyone involved with the heist disappear. The scene begins with Morte and his wife, discovered by some kids shot in the head in their pink cadillac. Frenchy and some other guy were the garbage, their bodies rolling around in the garbage truck found by the driver. Frankie Carbone was the meat hanging in a frozen state ( I think it was New Jersey) found in a meat locker. Of course, finally Joe Pesci meets his maker because he put a made guy (that's a Mafia untouchable) in his place with a bullet to the back of the head.

GOODFELLAS

Free Post

Speaking of crescendo's, the interlude is playing the entire time that the carnage arrives like a thief in the night and the bodies are collected because of someone rolling the dice and trying to make everyone involved with the heist disappear. The scene begins with Morte and his wife, discovered by some kids shot in the head in their pink cadillac. Frenchy and some other guy were the garbage, their bodies rolling around in the garbage truck found by the driver. Frankie Carbone was the meat hanging in a frozen state ( I think it was New Jersey) found in a meat locker. Of course, finally Joe Pesci meets his maker because he put a made guy (that's a Mafia untouchable) in his place with a bullet to the back of the head.

GOODFELLAS

Free Post

For curiosity's sake, or if only for the conversation I thought the song Layla here in Goodfellas was a shoe in because of it's immense popularity. It was a big hit movie. Anyone else see this?

For curiosity's sake, or if only for the conversation I thought the song Layla here in Goodfellas was a shoe in because of it's immense popularity. It was a big hit movie. Anyone else see this?

I haven't seen a complete mob movie. Not any of the "Godfather"s, not "Goodfellas," not "Donnie Brasco." I did see "The Freshman," if that counts. :)

George

Sorry for the delay. Been a long week.

But hey, good news: I'm a granddad. Well, a step-granddad, but still.

Congrats G-Dad.

All my grandchildren are the kids of my stepchildren. Works for me!

"Ghost"?

George

Yes, that's it .

I Got You Babe ( This may require a few clues)

Depending upon who you believe the song played 38 times during the movie. Or if you believe the director it played 1,846 times.

Edited by Human without the bean