GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Does she have only one name like Prince? Like George, I can only recall Carmen Sandeigo.

She has a full name. You've heard of her. She's more famous than virtually all her roles.

I remember her winning an Ace Award. She's won 2 Golden Globes, and a LOT of other awards.

She's got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Children and adults recognize her or her name, depending

on specifics.

Sorry. ACE award and Raf's little poem notwithstanding,I'm not getting it.

George

You also missed my very first clue.

She's won the Grammy, the Tony, the Emmy and the Oscar.

She's won a competitive Oscar, Emmy and Tony for acting.

Only 2 people have achieved both distinctions, she's the only person currently living who's done it.

Look over the names of the characters.

Can you deduce any kind of pattern from some of them?

I suspect Raf did before I posted a role he was able to connect to an actress....

You also missed my very first clue.

She's won the Grammy, the Tony, the Emmy and the Oscar.

She's won a competitive Oscar, Emmy and Tony for acting.

Only 2 people have achieved both distinctions, she's the only person currently living who's done it.

Look over the names of the characters.

Can you deduce any kind of pattern from some of them?

I suspect Raf did before I posted a role he was able to connect to an actress....

I don't know if Julie Andrews ever won a Grammy. I know she's won an Oscar and an Emmy, and probably a Tony.

But none of those roles were played by her, as far as I know. A large fraction of the names are Hispanic, so it might be a Latina actress, but I don't think I'll get it without googling (unless there are giveaway roles which you haven't posted yet).

George

I don't know if Julie Andrews ever won a Grammy. I know she's won an Oscar and an Emmy, and probably a Tony.

But none of those roles were played by her, as far as I know. A large fraction of the names are Hispanic, so it might be a Latina actress, but I don't think I'll get it without googling (unless there are giveaway roles which you haven't posted yet).

George

How many of those can you actually NAME? Especially ones with long enough careers to win all

those awards and be a household name?

Hey, you guys!

Unlike Frank Nelson, you know HER name....

She's an award-winner, come on...

Carmen Sandiego

Sister Peter Marie Reimondo

Violet Newstead

Lucy Chambers

Liliana de la Vega

Dori Newman

Amalia Duque

Frances Goren

Luisa Diaz

Anita

Rita Capkovic

Rita Ramirez

Gladys Gordon

Kimberly Baskin

Congresswoman Madelyn Woods

Luisa Diaz

I'm guessing that "Hey, you guys!" is also a clue, but I don't recognize it, any more than the other stuff. So, I'll just toss out Latina actresses until I inadvertently stumble upon the right one, or Raf gets bored and puts an end to this.

Rita Moreno?

George

It was Rita Moreno. (Once you tried, it was the obvious actress.)

The children's show "the Electric Company" traditionally begins with the "Hey, you guys!" yell.

And Rita Moreno's voice was recognizable as the yeller all through the 70s.

"Anita" was the role she played in "West Side Story."

She's been in a LOT of roles, although the roles are usually not remembered by name.

I guess that means this thread just jumped the shark.

Ted McGinley

Assuming NO ONE WOULD GET IT FOR A WHILE, I was going to mention that this actor has his own category on jumptheshark.com*.

I didn't pick PARTICULARLY obscure roles, but I didn't think anyone would get it without Jefferson D'Arcy. Oh, well. Raf's up. :rolleyes:

George

*If any of you watched the cartoon series "Batman: The Brave and the Bold," the last episode made fun of jumptheshark.com, basically by going through every way, mentioned on the site, that a show "jumps the shark." ("Special" episode, child born, etc.) McGinley voiced Aquaman through the second half, pulling a "jump" double: new actor -- same character; and, of course, Ted McGinley. (Henry Winkler appears as Ambush Bug.) At the end, while they're "closing down the set," McGinley/Aquaman points out that he's been on SEVERAL successful shows, thank you very much! I don't know how Netflix or Hulu (etc.) works, but watch that episode, if you can.

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge