GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Ted Knight             Danny Dark          Lennie Weinrib

Bob Hastings             Mitch Pileggi         Corey Burton

Kurtwood Smith        Lyle Talbot            Steve Buscemi

Pat Hingle               J.K. Simmons         Bryan Cranston

I knew that Lyle Talbot played Luthor in some old Superman serials, and Gordon in some Batman serials.  The other names didn't look like Luthor types to me.  Ted Knight must have been Gordon in the Batman cartoons of the late 60's-early 70's.  (I know he was the announcer for Super-Friends and some others.)

Name the actor

Tom Brand

Richard Nixon

Jack Vincennes

George

BTW, I actually wrote a lengthy breakdown on the Commissioner Gordons, but my GUI ate it when I had to reboot it.  In short, Lyle Talbot played him in the old 1940 Batman serial, Pat HIngle played him in the 80s/90s alongside Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney,  and the others were lots of voice actors, mostly in chronological order from oldest work (Ted Knight) to newest. J.K. Simmons has already been cast for the upcoming Justice League theatrical film. 

On 9/12/2016 at 8:05 PM, Human without the bean said:

Anyone else having trouble with the quote option?  I can't quote what George just posted.

"Robert Preston"?

Not even close George.  No this is a modern actor of today.

On 9/15/2016 at 1:38 PM, Human without the bean said:

Jake Hoyt

Billy Tremont

Jack Valentine

Jack Conroy

Sgt. Jake Roenick

James Sandin

Goodnight Robicheaux

Troy Dyer

Finnegan Belle

Ishmael Chambers

Hamlet

No it's not Woody Harrelson.  

3 hours ago, Raf said:

WordWolf, wrong Allen.

Ethan Hawke

Apparently. Naturally, I would have gotten it from the "Hamlet" drop.  Should have called in Mrs Wolf and seen if she'd remembered a role I couldn't remember.  I SHOULD have finished remembering "Jack Valentine.:"      BTW, if "Allen Falcon" wasn't a reference to the role "Woody Boyd" from Cheers, what was the clue?

32 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Apparently. Naturally, I would have gotten it from the "Hamlet" drop.  Should have called in Mrs Wolf and seen if she'd remembered a role I couldn't remember.  I SHOULD have finished remembering "Jack Valentine.:"      BTW, if "Allen Falcon" wasn't a reference to the role "Woody Boyd" from Cheers, what was the clue?

I'll drink to that.  Yes.   Most of those characters were from his early career, "Dad, Reality Bites, White Fang, Gattaca".  The rest were more recent and more familiar like Jake Hoyt his character in Training Day, Sgt. Jake Roenick from Assault of Precinct 13 and The Purge, and something that isn't in theatres yet, Goodnight Robicheaux his character from the re-make of The Magnificent Seven.  That was fun!