GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Clearly RRnB missed my clever Hitchhiker's Guide reference to zarking froods, which is something like a freaking doofus if my babelfish is working correctly. 

In any event you don't have to Vote for Stupid to realize that HUMMA KAVULA!!!! is the political opponent and nemesis of Zaphod Beeblebrox, or that HUMMA KAVULA!!!! is played by the great

John Malkovich.

14 hours ago, Raf said:

Clearly RRnB missed my clever Hitchhiker's Guide reference to zarking froods, which is something like a freaking doofus if my babelfish is working correctly. 

In any event you don't have to Vote for Stupid to realize that HUMMA KAVULA!!!! is the political opponent and nemesis of Zaphod Beeblebrox, or that HUMMA KAVULA!!!! is played by the great

John Malkovich.

Without his post, I'd forgotten HUMMA KAVULA! since he wasn't in the book.

However, his babelfish is on the fritz.

Although "zarking" was never defined, its meaning can be discerned from usage in the books. ("Zark off!") As for frood, it was actually defined.

Frood- "really amazingly together guy."

==========================

"Hence a phrase that has passed into hitchhiking slang, as in “Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." (Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy.)”

Bill Murray it is. Next round would have been better known roles, but Spackler was the best known of that bunch. 

Jeff Slater was his character in Tootsie, and Murray Heiss was his character in the female-driven Ghostbusters movie.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Still not getting it.

George

My favorites of him are as Jerry Baskin in "Down and Out in Beverly Hills"   and as Stephen Katz in "A Walk in the Woods".

Also liked him as Lt. Max Hoover in "Mulholland Falls".

8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Sounds like cartoon characters.

Mel Blanc?

George

I'm not sure ANY of those are cartoon characters.  I'm certain most of them are not.  (This actor is usually a poor choice for voice acting rather than live acting, for reasons obvious in hindsight.)

Also not Mel Blanc.

I know only one Ufgood, but his name wasn't Oberon that I recall. The actor who played Ufgood DID play Marvin, sort of, in a David Prowse sort of way. And while I don't remember a character named Lickspittle, it sounds like just the type of "Whatever go ahead and mock me with a BIGGER check... see what I did there?"

Peck. Peck peck peck peck peck.

Warwick Davis

9 hours ago, Raf said:

I know only one Ufgood, but his name wasn't Oberon that I recall. The actor who played Ufgood DID play Marvin, sort of, in a David Prowse sort of way. And while I don't remember a character named Lickspittle, it sounds like just the type of "Whatever go ahead and mock me with a BIGGER check... see what I did there?"

Peck. Peck peck peck peck peck.

Warwick Davis

Oberon the Ufgood was in "Dwarves Assemble."  Lickspittle was in "Maleficent-Mistress of Evil."  Lubdan was the eponymous Leprechaun in the movies of that name.  And so on.   Most of the time, it's pointless to cast WD as a VOICE actor since he's hired for his height.  Well, it's a living.