GreaseSpot Cafe

New John Juedes video debunking Wierwille books

Rocky

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Agape shows me how to forgive and overlook your words that are off the Word and not in agape. 

That's not what you said. You said when we love we love their words and their will.

Now who's dodging?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I thought you'd never ask.

I would think if you thought he'd never ask you would have been prepared and included a verse.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes.

Chapter and verse?

Edited by So_crates

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not so fast.

Can't you dig for it?
At least let others try their hand at it.

Translation:  I don't have one  and I want you (So_crates) to do it for me.

Edited by So_crates

10 minutes ago, waysider said:

How is this even reasonable? You tell me the Bible says something. When I ask you where, you say I need to find it myself.

It's reasonable if you want to make it so you can make any claim you want about the bible.

Didn't Saint Vic himself in the class talk about believers requiring chapter and verse to any claim about the bible?

Edited by So_crates

1 hour ago, Mike said:

We love God by loving His Word and His will.

I think we all agree that love is a basic need of us humans so a new discussion about love - both human and God's - might be beneficial to some. 

I’ve been listening to the audiobook “The Power of Vulnerability” by Brene Brown.  From what I’ve heard so far, she’s made no reference to God so I think it’s safe to say she is talking about human love.  As a result of her research on vulnerability and shame, she gives her definition of love as being:

“We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known and when we honor the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness and affection.  Love is not something we give or get, it’s something that we nurture and grow.  It’s a connection that only can be cultivated when it exists within each one of them.  We can only love others as much as we live ourselves. 

Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows.  Love can only survive its injuries if they’re acknowledged, healed and rare.” 

Concerning God's love, two verses I’ve been thinking about lately are 1 Cor 13:8, “Charity never fails and verse 13, “And now abides faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.”  The first is an incredible promise and the latter is a pretty significant fact.  Why is charity the greatest when compared to faith and hope?

With faith, Gal 5:6 says For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision avails anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love; and with hope Rom 5:5 says, And hope maketh not ashamed (disappointed); because the love of God is shed (poured out) abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

I haven’t given much thought as to the accuracy of vp’s and twi’s actual teachings about the love of God, but we know that the opposite of it was manifested towards many, many believers.  This would be one reason for their lack of faith/trust/believing being demonstrated.  That leaves hope.  How was our belief and understanding of the hope affected back then and what do we think now about this topic that is spoken so often of in scripture?

The topic of human and God's love is broad.  I'll start a new thread and see where it goes from there. :love3:

11 minutes ago, waysider said:

How is this even reasonable? You tell me the Bible says something. When I ask you where, you say I need to find it myself.

It is because you need to LEARN how to find it for yourself, and so do the others.  I thought you Way Corps folks studied this stuff. 

Man!   HOW to love God is in my standard witnessing repertoire, if I get that far.

Do you think Jesus would have issued that great commandment for the people to love God if they didn't know how to love Him.  They knew; Jesus knew.

Put on your thinking caps.

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

It is because you need to LEARN how to find it for yourself, and so do the others.

And who are you to tell us what we need to learn?

I thought you Way Corps folks studied this stuff. 

Showing that love of God, I see. I  thought the love of God wasn't puffed up.

Man!   HOW to love God is in my standard witnessing repertoire, if I get that far.

I can see why you don't get very far. You act condescending, like you are now, and they slam the door in your face. 

Do you think Jesus would have issued that great commandment for the people to love God if they didn't know how to love Him.  They knew; Jesus knew.

Put on your thinking caps.

Now you're trying to change the subject.

Do you think this little game of yours is making us care about the answer? It's not. All it's doing  is putting your credibility further into question.

Edited by So_crates

Think of this as a trivia question.

How did Jesus love God, and quote that commandment with a clear conscience that he had obeyed it?

How would those in Jesus' audience relate to hearing such a commandment. If theyh wanted to obey it, how would they do it?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Think of this as a trivia question.

How did Jesus love God, and quote that commandment with a clear conscience that he had obeyed it?

How would those in Jesus' audience relate to hearing such a commandment. If theyh wanted to obey it, how would they do it?

Yawn Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Do you see us rushing to our bibles?

You've made us long past caring.

14 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Yawn Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Do you see us rushing to our bibles?

You've made us long past caring.

Fake zzz's don't fool me, when you are rushing to post and debate.

This is really a simple answer, but since it fits in with what we were taught, your deliberately blinded eyes can't see it when challenged.

I wouldn't be surprised if oldiesman or johniam get it right away.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Fake zzz's don't fool me, when you are rushing to post and debate.

This is really a simple answer, but since it fits in with what we were taught, your deliberately blinded eyes can't see it when challenged.

I wouldn't be surprised if oldiesman or johniam get it right away.

No, I don't see where you get off telling me what I need to learn. You need to learn how to motivate people. Playing head games is one way NOT to motivate people.

7 minutes ago, So_crates said:

No, I don't see where you get off telling me what I need to learn. You need to learn how to motivate people. Playing head games is one way NOT to motivate people.

Oh, ok.  At your insistence I will seek to motivate you the right way. 
What do you think my chances of success are?