GreaseSpot Cafe

New John Juedes video debunking Wierwille books

Rocky

I wonder if this approach might actually make a substantive difference in undermining Victor Wierwille's bibliolatry enterprise (aka cult, subculture, religion or whatever anyone else might want to call it).

Wonderful (IMO) contributions to the cause from John Juedes, chockful, Nathan, Old Skool and others to what may be incremental but necessary efforts to break through the "heliosheath" so to speak of our current understanding of God and spiritual matters. 

image.png

Sure, right now we still see as through a glass darkly, but how much more can was come to see/know before the "gathering together?"

Let's together foster our curiosity. :wave:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waysider said:

Did he, though? Much of what he expounded had been passed down through oral tradition. 

Careful, your contradicting wierwille the great with actual, verfiable history...so wierwille mustve been right..:anim-smile:

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

it's readily apparent (from more than two decades of your engagement w/GSC) that you have genuine blinders keeping you from expanding that search into religion/theology or any other way to characterize "the things of God."

You are mistaking my carefully and slowly positioned LOCKS for unconscious and numb blinders.

Unlike most of you, I did not "fall in love" with VPW.  I went back and forth for many years on how much and where I wanted to trust him.  I was a very careful in thinking through my position; unlike most posters here IMO.  Most here snapped when their vpw-idol failed them. 

For sure, my careful and slow embracing of VPW and the collaterals, was unlike and even opposite of how Penworks made her early TWI decisions.

When I reached my 50th birthday, about 28 years after first taking PFAL, I was FINALLY ready to commit my life to the treasure I found by being occasionally meek to the collaterals.

J Juedes made up his mind to loath VPW in session one, from what I've seen.

Rocky, my expanded "search into religion/theology or any other way to characterize 'the things of God'" started in the late 1960s and was ENDING in the early 1970s years that I was in the Word.  I gave it a run, and it sucks what others say about God out there.  You folks just love to eat up that junk out of your love to hate PFAL and VPW.  You can't fool me.

Edited by Mike

40 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I thought God is love, spirit and light so now hes print on a page? Not! 

God is all those things, but they are invisible to the senses.
God puts His heart into print for those stuck in the senses realm.

...which is all of us.

(sigh)

Mike, you had a Bible.  You found it hard to read.  There are many versions, including Janet & John type versions for very early learners and those for whom English is not their first language.

You had a Bible.  Yet you never thought to read Acts, or the epistles?  Sounds like you didn't bother with the gospels, either.  Just what, if anything, did you read?

And now you're stuck in Janet & John book 1, the simplest reading book, aka the blue book.

(sigh)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike said:

God's Word is as much God as God is God.

Where are you going to find God's written Word, outside the collaterals, where if is understandable?

An early comprehensive Roman Catholic missal?     When I say that to protestant believers they may laugh and not believe it but the Word is written there.    But don't believe me, go ahead and please buy one and read it for yourself.      It's not good to believe everything bad you hear about the RC church... don't get gypt.

15 minutes ago, Twinky said:

(sigh)

Mike, you had a Bible.  You found it hard to read.  There are many versions, including Janet & John type versions for very early learners and those for whom English is not their first language.

You had a Bible.  Yet you never thought to read Acts, or the epistles?  Sounds like you didn't bother with the gospels, either.  Just what, if anything, did you read?

And now you're stuck in Janet & John book 1, the simplest reading book, aka the blue book.

(sigh)

I started with the Gospel of John, and had a notebook to record all the possible interpretations I could think of for each verse.  I never finished chapter 1.    I already knew the story, and was totally bogged down in minutia.  Most of my study sessions were quickly converted to nap time.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

God is all those things, but they are invisible to the senses.
God puts His heart into print for those stuck in the senses realm.

...which is all of us.

Didn't know I couldn't see light or feel love...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You can't fool me

Of course. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Rocky, my expanded "search into religion/theology or any other way to characterize 'the things of God'" started in the late 1960s and was ENDING in the early 1970s years that I was in the Word.  I gave it a run, and it sucks what others say about God out there.  You folks just love to eat up that junk out of your love to hate PFAL and VPW.

Didn't you claim VERY recently that you continually challenge your position?

1 hour ago, oldiesman said:

An early comprehensive Roman Catholic missal?     When I say that to protestant believers they may laugh and not believe it but the Word is written there.    But don't believe me, go ahead and please buy one and read it for yourself.      It's not good to believe everything bad you hear about the RC church... don't get gypt.

Got a link?

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You are mistaking my carefully and slowly positioned LOCKS for unconscious and numb blinders.

A poignant example of the opposite of an "I" statement. Not something the emotionally mature or emotionally intelligent person would normally do.

From a recent Orlando Sentinel op-ed "indoctrination seeks to suppress other points of view so that the preferred point of view will go unchallenged. Critical thinking encourages community inquiry and discourse while indoctrination insists on the acceptance of hierarchical proclamations and the imposition of “correct” ideas onto others."

While Mike might CHALLENGE any suggestion he seeks to suppress other points of view... regarding his bibliolatry, does he EVER engage in legitimate back and forth discussion which validates any position which contradicts his?

Edited by Rocky

3 hours ago, oldiesman said:

My 60 year old plus memory of my "St. Joseph's Missal" is that not all of the Epistles, in their entirety, are read in the course of a year.  

So I see that missal as a set of "clippings" from the Epistles, and not a set with complete coverage. 

Only a short 5 minute reading per Mass from scattered clippings is all I remember.  I wonder how 5 minutes times 365 comes out in minutes, compared to how long an audio Bible takes to cover all the epistles in their entirety.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Critical thinking encourages community inquiry and discourse while indoctrination insists on the acceptance of hierarchical proclamations and the imposition of “correct” ideas onto others."  ... While Mike might CHALLENGE any suggestion he seeks to suppress other points of view... regarding his bibliolatry, does he EVER engage in legitimate back and forth discussion which validates any position which contradicts his?

I went through LOTS of critical thinking of VPW and the collaterals from the first day to about 1998.

All the things you think are lacking in my mode of thinking were done up right, and long ago 1971-98. 

The only reason for an academic to NEVER think of hanging up his big gun critical skills...

...is because that academic does not think it is possible to ever FIND the objective hard-core Truth. 

Academics hate seekers who find.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

You mean like this one? 

Okay. Perhaps. I guess I didn't see his self-justification in that context. 

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Unlike most of you, I did not "fall in love" with VPW.  I went back and forth for many years on how much and where I wanted to trust him.  I was a very careful in thinking through my position; unlike most posters here IMO.  Most here snapped when their vpw-idol failed them. 

For sure, my careful and slow embracing of VPW and the collaterals, was unlike and even opposite of how Penworks made her early TWI decisions.

When I reached my 50th birthday, about 28 years after first taking PFAL, I was FINALLY ready to commit my life to the treasure I found by being occasionally meek to the collaterals.

J Juedes made up his mind to loath VPW in session one, from what I've seen.

Rocky, my expanded "search into religion/theology or any other way to characterize 'the things of God'" started in the late 1960s and was ENDING in the early 1970s years that I was in the Word.  I gave it a run, and it sucks what others say about God out there.  You folks just love to eat up that junk out of your love to hate PFAL and VPW. 

Maybe I should give Mike some credit for trying. Yet, telling me I was mistaken; saying he didn't "fall in love" with VPW; claiming he knew Penworks' thinking process; saying John Juedes made up his mind in session one (even though he, MIKE took 28 years to arrive at his position); declaring "You folks just love to eat up that junk" as a result of (his characterization of our different position as loving to) hate PFAL and Victor Wierwille... I didn't see each of those things as Mike engaging in discourse. I saw/see them as him condemning those who disagree with his view/position.

Sorry Waysider. Sorry Mike.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Didn't you claim VERY recently that you continually challenge your position?

MANY times here I have posted VPW's last magazine article where he calls for a "spiritual makeover" where he challenged us to ASK ourselves about everything we believe:  WHY do I believe it.  Who taught it to me?

THAT I do often, and not just in spiritual matters.

But what I do NOT do is trash my current beliefs, and pick up garbage to take their place, simply because it is different from my current beliefs.

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Really? How is that anything like describing your decision and commitment process? 

It isn't anything like that.

It was describing why you are so perplexed that I don't tear up my beliefs with critical thinking skills.  You, like all acdemics, hate the idea that I would be FINISHED with that process, because I FOUND the truth.  Academics don't like it when some says this. It is anathema to the Academics Creed - We will seek forever.

I was a blessed seeker who found.

You say that's impossible.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

THAT I do often, and not just in spiritual matters.

But what I do NOT do is trash my current beliefs, and pick up garbage to take their place, simply because it is different from my current beliefs.

Please enlighten us as to how you carry out such a challenge. Many times change is incremental. Such a process does not typically involve, for anyone, "trashing one's current beliefs and picking up garbage to take their place."

Doesn't that characterization actually belie the fact that you (as many of us have repeatedly observed) completely dismiss any and every one who disagrees with you? In which case, if you do (as we generally interpret your comments to mean) so dismiss others, how could you reasonably claim to engage in civil discourse?