GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW may not have taught specifically on the canon, but he used its chronological sequencing extensively to push his agenda. The administration demarcations, doctrine/reproof/correction epistles having to appear in a specific order, to whom it was written, etc. These concepts all rely heavily on an exacting sequence of canon. But, the sequencing and interpretation of its importance is a man made reality, devised to promote various agendas. This is why chronology and source of  origin can not be lightly ignored.

Edited by waysider
spelling
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, waysider said:

The administration demarcations,

Administration/dispensationalism is a false doctrine incorporated into Christianity by John nelson Darby. I mention it here in light of the Canon cause u said it best Waysider!

It seems contradictory to say one leaves no stone unturned while at the same time refusing to check out hyperlinks that address the topic - and of all things asking another person to summarize the data of those links for them.

Seems like a lazy person’s way of getting others to leave no stone unturned. :rolleyes:

I don’t want to be nitpicking in a doctrinal discussion but it really is comical when someone gripes about others not examining their own “postulates” when that’s exactly what they do.

It reminds me of another thread where the same person went on about how critical thinking was so overrated. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, oldiesman said:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Book of Enoch?   The most recent film Noah illustrates "The Watchers" or the (Nephilim).   Haven't studied it, but here's a page on it:

The Prophet Enoch (heartscenter.org)

I've read most of it and have a digital copy...same with Book of Adam and Eve. I haven't given too much thought if it's God-breathed or not but it definitely will broaden ones perspective.

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Administration/dispensationalism is a false doctrine incorporated into Christianity by John nelson Darby. I mention it here in light of the Canon cause u said it best Waysider!

Funny.  I've never seen this in the Word.
Does this mean you don't want to see it in the Word.

BTW, did you see what I said in the other thread about the canon?
I'm waiting for people to read 2 short Epistles so we can get this ball rolling.

What does GOD say about this canon stuff?
Does anyone want to know?

55 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

It seems contradictory to say one leaves no stone unturned while at the same time refusing to check out hyperlinks that address the topic - and of all things asking another person to summarize the data of those links for them.

Seems like a lazy person’s way of getting others to leave no stone unturned. :rolleyes:

It would seem that way to me, if I was too lazy to read what my opponent was saying.

I said I already checked that approach out, and I see the damage it did to you, plain as day, so why should I un-turn that stone again?  Unless I wanted to damage myself like you seemed to have done.  Hey!  I feel for you.  I'll be here to help you when that approach runs dry and leaves you stranded in unbelief.

44 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

I don’t want to be nitpicking in a doctrinal discussion but it really is comical when someone gripes about others not examining their own “postulates” when that’s exactly what they do.

It reminds me of another thread where the same person went on about how critical thinking was so overrated. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have more than once celebrated the benefits of a closed mind, when the conditions are right.  It is not a popular idea in this day of opening up to all error.

Trust me, I could "go off" on this topic a LOT more than I did with you a day or so ago.

It looks to me that you really don't want to see what the Word says about the canon.

It looks like you also forgot about the times and years when I experimented with my Postulates a lot.  I don't think you have thought about this enough to tell me your fundamental Postulates are at this minute, except moan and grown about your anti-idol. 

47 minutes ago, waysider said:

You can't turn a stone over when you're standing on it.

You got THAT right!

Did you get it yet right yer, that I have had extensive experiences, some of which I detailed here, of when I actually DID un-turn your favored stone of stone-hearted theology, that rivals the Pharisees?

Aren't you the slightest bit curious about what I saw in the Word, in the raw KJV, as I looked for ten solid years?

Maybe someone is.  I can wait.

Just now, T-Bone said:

How does exploring when the books of the Bible were written and how the “Bible” was canonized make one an unbeliever?

Good question.

I will say this much: westcott and hort we're unbelievers who believed in evolution and did not believe in the atoning works of Jesus Christ. They were not honest in how they put their version together either. 

53 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Book of Enoch?   The most recent film Noah illustrates "The Watchers" or the (Nephilim).   Haven't studied it, but here's a page on it:

The Prophet Enoch (heartscenter.org)

I would hazard a guess that Jesus never referred to it, or acted it out.  Ditto for the NT writers in the KJV's canon.

7 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

How does exploring when the books of the Bible were written and how the “Bible” was canonized make one an unbeliever?

You are what you eat.
The mentors you trust are aimed at unbelief, just like your posts to me are aimed at that.

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I read them. They say nothing about how the Bible was put together.

What do you beleeve they say about making a Bible?

Don't expect him to do anything but troll, disrupt, and derail. I'm moving onto the topic without addressing his wierwillian doctrines.

7 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Good question.

I will say this much: westcott and hort we're unbelievers who believed in evolution and did not believe in the atoning works of Jesus Christ. They were not honest in how they put their version together either. 

You seem to be under the allusion that the devil (not Satan) is like Dracula with crucifixes, and stays far away from Bible scholars.  Just the opposite it true.  He whispers into those open ears all the time.  That is where he hobbles good Christians from finding the power in Christ that resides within.  He blew it, not knowing the Mystery, so now he has all these believers with Christ-in and the potential to beat him at every turn like Jesus did.  So what does he do?  He steers the churches to become prisons. 

Did you know that the devil can whisper in YOUR ear, and make it sound like a good idea of your own, or a revelation from the True God?

We were taught that, and taught that often.  I wonder if you remember.

There is one collateral where VPW teaches that TEN TIMES on just a few pages.

I understand the expression “you are what you eat” to mean it is important to get good food in order to maintain health. Metaphorically cognitive skills are part of one’s “digestive system” . I did “eat” a lot of bad stuff for 12 years of following wierwille. Besides indigestion that led to a lot of constipation too - and some bad gas. :biglaugh: …and sleep disorders during PFAL classes. :sleep1: …

I’m into “unprocessed food “ now - I’ll leave the processing to my cognitive skills department.:rolleyes: