GreaseSpot Cafe

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

Since you said so, I guess I am stuck, as is science stuck, in perpetuating a lie.
PLEASE PRAY for me and and for science that we can be enlightened.

If you’re stuck in the lies of pseudoscience Gnosticism spiritualism fundamentalism and  wierwille’s ideology - if it was already determined- then you are indeed stuck.

if you freely choose to think outside the pseudo intellectual box that you’ve crammed yourself into then there is hope :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

We can be a part of that determined outcome.
We can contribute to the NET force, by our prayers, actions, and believing with God.

It's not like determinism is un-alterable.  We can influence the determinism with free will, minFW that is.

In your make believe world anything is possible 

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

I just hinted to you the best answer I know.

And you need to communicate clearly and not dance around and hint. What spiritual laws? And assuming there is more than one, what are they?

Clear, concese, rudimentary questions on something you stated. So teach me.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Determinism is tied to the Laws of Physics.
These Laws actually DETERMINE what happens in the physical world.

When the spiritual world interacts with the physical world a WHOLE NEW SET of laws, spiritual laws, come into play.

This is analogous to how the law of aerodynamics (Bernoulli) can overpower the law of gravity, so airplanes can fly.

So Determinism is a law?

You say a WHOLE NEW SET of laws, spiritual laws, come into play - what are these laws? What are some examples that show these laws in action? Then please demonsrate these laws. I really wanna know.

Which Bernoulli are you talking about...there was an entire family of Bernoullis and many of them had many things named after them...which Bernoulli? Daniel? Jacob? Johann?

Please plainly elucidate just how spiritual laws overpower physical laws? That's the analogy you gave. So if you are using analogies you surely can explain how it works in more detail...non-techinical types like me wanna know. 

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

What spiritual law are you talking about?

Is there more than one spiritual law?

We are talking about the human decision process, and in my thinking the spiritual laws are not involved with this process for natural man because there is no spirit in there.

I don't know much about the spiritual laws, but I can see what the Word says. 

Newton was a theologian by profession, and Physics was his hobby.  The great success he had was in going against the grain of his times, and keeping his analysis of spiritual laws SEPARATE from the natural laws.

The spiritual laws, in Newton's mind, were addressed to humans, and the natural laws were addressed to inanimate objects.

To Newton, I suppose the 10 commandments would be these kind of spiritual laws.  His most useful physical law is F=ma, or Force equals the mass of an object times its acceleration.

I like this dichotomy of Newton's because it works pretty well.

The spiritual laws that would address INanimate objects Newton had no idea of, and neither do I. 

The biggest application of these less known spiritual laws OVERCOMING natural laws is seen in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

But, according to you, it doesn't make a difference. Whether we're a part of it or not, what will happen, will happen. So why bother?

On one hand your saying every outcome is determined in advance and we can be a part of it. Yet, on the other hand you day determinism is alterable.

Alterable determinism? Talk about an oxymoron. You just contradicted the definition of determinism, or did you change that, too?

Everything technological alters determinism patterns with other determinism patterns.

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Science is not a religion.

People can abuse science into a religion, by thinking that science can explain everything. It can explain a lot, but when people look to it to totally explain God as merely a human brain artifact, THEN it becomes the religion people are calling scientism.

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

And you need to communicate clearly and not dance around and hint. What spiritual laws? And assuming there is more than one, what are they?

Clear, concese, rudimentary questions on something you stated. So teach me.

I do not know.

51 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

So Determinism is a law?

NO.   It is intimately related to the laws of physics, though.

This is highly figurative language: 
The agency that enforces the Law of Physics can be thought of as determinism.

Another way of putting it is: 
The Laws of Physics (plus initial conditions) actually DETERMINE what will happen next.

Another:
Determinism is the belief that the inanimate objects in the universe NEVER act in a capricious or disobedient way.  (disobedient to the laws) Nature is never lazy or frivolous.

Determinism means the physical universe is predictable if you know the laws and the initial conditions.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Everything technological alters determinism patterns with other determinism patterns.

Once again, you contradict yourself. First you say determinism is related to physics. Then you say technology alters determination patterns with other determination patterns.

Where has technology ever effected the laws of physics?

3 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Once again, you contradict yourself. First you say determinism is related to physics. Then you say technology alters determination patterns with other determination patterns.

Where has technology ever effected the laws of physics?

It never affects the laws of physics.

Patterns of determinism can be altered with other patterns of determinism.

It's the same thing as the lift force of an airplane altering the net force on the plane by opposing the gravity force.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

NO.   It is intimately related to the laws of physics, though.

This is highly figurative language: 
The agency that enforces the Law of Physics can be thought of as determinism.

Another way of putting it is: 
The Laws of Physics (plus initial conditions) actually DETERMINE what will happen next.

Another:
Determinism is the belief that the inanimate objects in the universe NEVER act in a capricious or disobedient way.  (disobedient to the laws) Nature is never lazy or frivolous.

Determinism means the physical universe is predictable if you know the laws and the initial conditions.

once again Mike is confusing philosophical determinism with physics' cause and effect :confused:   :nono5:

4 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Wrong there too. The lifting force is not in the particles. The lifting force is in the vacuum created by air moving faster over the top of the wing than the bottom.

@OldSkool

It is the LACK of vacuum, and higher air pressure on the underside of the wing that provides the force.  Air vacuums can exert no forces; only air pressure can do that.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

just like wierwille's nonsense "the Bible interprets itself"

now it's the universe alters itself

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

It is the LACK of vacuum, and higher air pressure on the underside of the wing that provides the force.  Air vacuums can exert no forces; only air pressure can do that.

But it's not in the particles as you originally claimed.

Edited by So_crates

56 minutes ago, Mike said:

We are talking about the human decision process, and in my thinking the spiritual laws are not involved with this process for natural man because there is no spirit in there.    

I see where the problem might be - in MIKE'S THINKING there is a magical world where Gnosticism, spiritualism, fundamentalism and wierwille's ideology peacefully coexist and makes sense

I don't know much about the spiritual laws, but I can see what the Word says.    

people see what they want to see in "The Word"...like wierwille's stupid magical law of believing. 

Newton was a theologian by profession, and Physics was his hobby.  The great success he had was in going against the grain of his times, and keeping his analysis of spiritual laws SEPARATE from the natural laws.       
The spiritual laws, in Newton's mind, were addressed to humans, and the natural laws were addressed to inanimate objects.        

Geez now Mike is  downgrading ..    Sir Isaac Newton  !  :nono5:  What audacity Mike has...Newton was an English mathematician, physicist, astronomer, alchemist, theologian, and author (described in his time as a "natural philosopher"), widely recognized as one of the greatest mathematicians and physicists and among the most influential scientists of all time. He was a key figure in the philosophical revolution known as the Enlightenment. ...not shabby for just being a hobby :biglaugh:

To Newton, I suppose the 10 commandments would be these kind of spiritual laws.  His most useful physical law is F=ma, or Force equals the mass of an object times its acceleration.     

Mike is changing it up here...instead of letting Newton's life's work speak for itself - Mike has decided to interpret Newton's work for us. wow wee wow 

I like this dichotomy of Newton's because it works pretty well.     

translation = Mike likes something when he can twist it around to fit his argument. and even after he's worked something over and it becomes extreme nonsense - he imagines it makes sense...to him anyway :confused:

The spiritual laws that would address INanimate objects Newton had no idea of, and neither do I.       

and yet Mike said earlier "When the spiritual world interacts with the physical world a WHOLE NEW SET of laws, spiritual laws, come into play. "     

once again Mike contradicts himself

The biggest application of these less known spiritual laws OVERCOMING natural laws is seen in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

here's more gee whiz speculation by Mike about stuff he doesn't know about

Edited by T-Bone
revision

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

It never affects the laws of physics.

It's the same thing as the lift force of an airplane altering the net force on the plane by opposing the gravity force.

So you further contradict yourself as you said determinism is related to physics.

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

I understand full well what we are talking about. You introduced all of these spiritual laws, said they override physical laws, drew an analogy that didn't fit in anyone's mind except yours. But according to the above sentence it seems you are saying spiritual laws are not involved in natural man's life because there is no spirit in there..your words....

So....spiritual laws are involved in the decision making process of someone who isn't natural man? As a born again Christian I really wanna know what spiritual laws are affecting me. You need to explain how this works...since you are the one who introduced all of this into the conversation.

31 minutes ago, So_crates said:

Wrong there too. The lifting force is not in the particles. The lifting force is in the vacuum created by air moving faster over the top of the wing than the bottom.

@OldSkool

Thanks for the clarification...seems you took me back to my education on the matter and all this time I thought apostle mike was introducing new light that turned out to be the same ole bullshonta.

3 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I understand full well what we are talking about. You introduced all of these spiritual laws, said they override physical laws, drew an analogy that didn't fit in anyone's mind except yours. But according to the above sentence it seems you are saying spiritual laws are not involved in natural man's life because there is no spirit in there..your words....

So....spiritual laws are involved in the decision making process of someone who isn't natural man? As a born again Christian I really wanna know what spiritual laws are affecting me. You need to explain how this works...since you are the one who introduced all of this into the conversation.

be careful what you ask for - especially with Mike  :wink2: