GreaseSpot Cafe

All Women Belong to The King sounds Polygamist

Bolshevik

I am a very distant viewer of these things, so please correct me where I am wrong, and/or fill in the gaps for me.

I realize some here prohibit this, but I don't;  I made up the terms below from logic and observations.  On googling them I see that my terms can only temporary, so please bear with me on this.

Also PLEASE do not draw inferences from this for application to any person we know.  I am NOT trying to do that.  I am trying to learn some things in a field I have profound ignorance.

*/*/*/*

Our modern culture follows and somewhat approves of serial polygamy, or one wife at a time. For a while, the main place where it was prohibited was the U.S. Presidency, but that ended with Reagan.

Most other cultures, especially ancient, follow and approve of parallel polygamy, or many wives at the same time. I think, but am not sure, that the Bible allows this in the OT, but only if each wife is supported, and treated as equals.  Sound pretty impossible to me, and if anyone has verses, I'd like to see them. I know the Bible says NT minister should not engage in this.

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

. . .

Our modern culture follows and somewhat approves of serial polygamy, or one wife at a time. For a while, the main place where it was prohibited was the U.S. Presidency, but that ended with Reagan.

. . .

Most everyone is a serial monogamist.   Which isn't wildly different.

17 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Most everyone is a serial monogamist.   Which isn't wildly different.

I don't get that. Serial refers to more than one but one at a time.

Unless it is a joke :biglaugh:.
That would make it wildly different than the serious stuff.

Just now, Mike said:

Unless it is a joke :biglaugh:.
That would make it wildly different than the serious stuff.

Most people do not pair for life.  Men have access to many women throughout their life.  And visa versa.  

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

Think series. Serial monogamy is accurate. Most people are in one monogamous relationship after another.

Serial polygamy? A stretch, but theoretically possible. I can conceive of it. I wonder if it's ever happened.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloves

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

So was VPW a polygamist or was he doing something else entirely?

I don't know if he was a polygamist, but it wouldn't surprise me if he admired, even envied, polygamist cults. Polyamory might be more accurate, but that implies love, so that's out...

I think he just really liked bonking women who would otherwise be out of his league, if it weren't for the manipulative, controlling cult he established.

To me, it seems to be about entitlement. Not just all women belong to the king, but all everything... the money, the cigarettes, the attention, the devotion, the blind allegiance, the freedom, the power, the whimsical, nonsensical interpretations....

Edited by Nathan_Jr

Just now, Nathan_Jr said:

I don't know if he was a polygamist, but it wouldn't surprise me if he admired, even envied, polygamist cults. Polyamory might be more accurate, but that implies love, so that's out...

I think he just really liked bonking women who would otherwise be out of his league, if it weren't for the manipulative, controlling cult he established.

. . . .

Looking into polyamory . . . not sure there's "love" or "depth" . . . they have to spend a lot of time talking to each other and talking to each other and talking and then communicating.  Because jealousy.  There's a lot of manipulation involved.  Parties are guilted or shamed into denying their emotions through "lets talk this out".  It's a lot of emotionless acts.

Sounds like TWIG fellowship to me . . . 

12 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Looking into polyamory . . . not sure there's "love" or "depth" . . . they have to spend a lot of time talking to each other and talking to each other and talking and then communicating.  Because jealousy.  There's a lot of manipulation involved.  Parties are guilted or shamed into denying their emotions through "lets talk this out".  It's a lot of emotionless acts.

Sounds like TWIG fellowship to me . . . 

When you put it that way, it sounds exactly like my twig fellowship built on the shoulders of victor paul wierwille.

Polyamorous relationships are difficult to grasp, because of jealousy. Jealousy has no place in such a relationship. I don't know anyone in a polyamorous relationship. They might only exist in the imagination.

Edited by Nathan_Jr

37 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

When you put it that way, it sounds exactly like my twig fellowship built on the shoulders of victor paul wierwille.

Polyamorous relationships are difficult to grasp, because of jealousy. Jealousy has no place in such a relationship. I don't know anyone in a polyamorous relationship. They might only exist in the imagination.

Maybe sounds Cryptic, but polycules have made the news.  Which to me sounds like the Borg Cube.  Where assimilation is currency, and no boundaries are everybody's business model.

Edited by Bolshevik
inserting brain chips

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Maybe sounds Cryptic, but polycules have made the news.  Which to me sounds like the Borg Cube.  Where assimilation is currency, and no boundaries are everybody's business model.

Had to look up polycule. I like the word, but I doubt the concept is novel. I may have been a constituent to a polycule or two in my twenties - should think about that some more.

Had to look up Borg Cube, too.... still don't get it. 

20 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Had to look up polycule. I like the word, but I doubt the concept is novel. I may have been a constituent to a polycule or two in my twenties - should think about that some more.

Had to look up Borg Cube, too.... still don't get it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg . . .  entered links above too

Edited by Bolshevik

18 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg . . .  entered links above too

Ok. I get it now. Yeah, and SBF. Gross. That’s another fraudster who could have stood on the shoulders of victor paul wierwille.

I wasn’t a part of a polycule like SBF and FTX. I was thinking more simply: A is dating B and C, but B and C are not dating, and all three are friends. Something like that. Maybe that’s not a polycule.

9 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

. . . 
I wasn’t a part of a polycule like SBF and FTX. I was thinking more simply: A is dating B and C, but B and C are not dating, and all three are friends. Something like that. Maybe that’s not a polycule.

Twilight?

13 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Ha ha!! Maybe!

Or maybe I just Ike the word and am trying to MAKE it fit like a hand in a glove so I can feel cooler about my fantastical self than I actually am as I get older.

If the glove doesn't fit, don't acquit, . . . . just build a new language around it.

20 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Ha ha!! Maybe!

Or maybe I just Ike the word and am trying to MAKE it fit like a hand in a glove so I can feel cooler about my fantastical self than I actually am as I get older.

6 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

If the glove doesn't fit, don't acquit, . . . . just build a new language around it.

GettyImages-539887038-e1628599518462.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Pedophilia

That's another word.

A vile word. 

There’s at least one charismatic catholic posting here who apologizes for child rape and pedophilia in the church by euphemistically calling it a “sodomitic session.”

I wonder how victor paul wierwille and his grads would counsel a victim of pedophilia or child rape? Would they say, If it’s done in love…

Edited by Nathan_Jr