GreaseSpot Cafe

Religion has a vaccine for the Reason Virus

17 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Is Jesus Christ coming back sometime in the future? There is no “evidence” or “proof” that it will happen, only the word of some writers in the bible.

Catholics believe in a concept called "the community of saints."       One example of this in operation is prayers for souls in purgatory for the purpose of releasing them --  it's said that God releases souls from purgatory into heaven this way.  Don't ask me if or how this happens, have no idea and am still somewhat of a sceptic although I do pray St. Gertrude's prayer anyway.   Regarding Jesus' return, does God respond to believers collectively praying for Christ's return?   Scripture says we don't know the time, but does it say that believers have nothing whatever to do with helping make it happen?   ("Thy Kingdom Come....")       Then there are the 'preterists' who believe it already happened!    

18 hours ago, oldiesman said:

Catholics believe in a concept called "the community of saints."       One example of this in operation is prayers for souls in purgatory for the purpose of releasing them --  it's said that God releases souls from purgatory into heaven this way.  Don't ask me if or how this happens, have no idea and am still somewhat of a sceptic although I do pray St. Gertrude's prayer anyway.   Regarding Jesus' return, does God respond to believers collectively praying for Christ's return?   Scripture says we don't know the time, but does it say that believers have nothing whatever to do with helping make it happen?   ("Thy Kingdom Come....")       Then there are the 'preterists' who believe it already happened!    

This would be a good topic for its own thread. You should consider starting it.

Pretty sure we left the original topic of this thread a few pages ago. While starting a new thread might be a good idea, I wouldn't enforce it. Let the conversation go where it may at this point.

[But more people might be attracted to a new thread].

well... I can't put any faith into some kind of return of Christ when Christ is here now 

took a long time to get rid of a bunch of pfal/twi doctrines, some of it was me, my quest for truth, but it was mainly the spirit of God that helped me, showed me and I can't deny it's presence 

perhaps this return teachings is why some just look at it as some kind of salvation instead of finding their salvation now, and believing that there is answers now and that it's simple, easy, it has to be