GreaseSpot Cafe

Shout Out to the Pit Crew

waysider

Doncha mean, the backroom boys (and girls) who make the pastries, and fetch the coffee, and wash the cups?  I guess, those who fetch the coffee and other tasties, too.

Thanks, everyone (even if a few bits of crockery get broken in the process). :wave:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey, joking aside, I think I (modcat5) and my most frequent collaborator, modgellan, try our best, and we all know how this has been Pawtucket's labor of love, but if you want to thank an unsung hero of this place, it's...

GREASYTECH.

This is the guy WE turn to when YOU complain to US about the technical shortcomings of the site. Modgellan and I do our best to enforce rules. I do my best to engage without being an a-hole. Paw pays the bills and keeps the coffee machines plugged in. But GREASYTECH is the person who you would miss the most if he suddenly decided he had better things to do.

TO GREASYTECH! 

Salud!

Edited by Raf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Invision community huh?  I always thought these boards were phpBB derivatives.  Thanks for hosting the site and paying that group for the features.  

For future upgrades, just plan it around a maintenance downtime.  Announce the downtime window and communicate it out a week in advance.  Take the site down for 2-8 hours or whatever it takes to upgrade.  

That planning and communication will ensure nobody is in the middle of a research thesis while you’re trying to upgrade the site.  :biglaugh:

If you need help message me.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Invision community huh?  I always thought these boards were phpBB derivatives.  Thanks for hosting the site and paying that group for the features.  

For future upgrades, just plan it around a maintenance downtime.  Announce the downtime window and communicate it out a week in advance.  Take the site down for 2-8 hours or whatever it takes to upgrade.  

That planning and communication will ensure nobody is in the middle of a research thesis while you’re trying to upgrade the site.  :biglaugh:

If you need help message me.

Maybe a temporary redirect to a static message saying the board is being updated would help, also.