GreaseSpot Cafe

adultery vs. soul stealing

excathedra

Thank you ladies. My prayer is that you recieve back twenty-fold of what you gave here....my understanding is so much more more complete.

I wish I had proper words to express how I feel.

[This message was edited by krysilis on February 04, 2003 at 4:54.]

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by laleo:

Long Gone, I don't know what to say. I think you just don't like me. Or maybe you're being stubborn. I don't know. But I do know I don't feel like being at odds with you.

This is puzzling. You addressed a post specifically to me. I replied. No more, no less.

Dot, thanks for clearing up Charlie's point. Charlie, thanks for verifying it. Forgive me for not getting it right away.

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:

you say your profession keeps you from speaking about people unless convicted,then you say dead people can't sue you

I actually wrote a long response to your statement here, but it's so off-topic that I'm not going to bother. So I deleted it. I've made my feelings on Wierwille clear. That's what matters for the purpose of this thread. If you want to discuss it further, write to me privately.

Laleo wrote to Olds:

quote:
Then the day dawned, and I remembered your former posts. I don't know you but my impression of you then is the same impression I have of you now. I don't think you are a former Way leader. I don't believe you ever had anything to do with the corruption that was in The Way. I think you were the guy sitting next to me at Twig, who shared his Bible when I left mine at home. I think you're the guy who worked a steady job, and had enough left over to treat everyone to pizza after witnessing night. My guess is that you were the one who handed me your car keys when I needed to get to work. Heck, you probably were even the guy who gave me your car when it was time for you to buy a new one. I met dozens of guys like you. You came in the middle of the night to fix a flat tire, brought me a cup of coffee at break, let me bum cigarettes off of you, and slipped me twenty dollars when I ran out of money at the Rock. You may have cracked a few jokes, but I don't think you made an inappropriate advance toward any of your "sisters in Christ." I think you were the backbone of the "ministry." You made a believer out of me. My guess is that it's so hard for you to accept VPW's abuse because it would never occur to you to be abusive, and you have a hard time grasping the idea that someone who won your trust and loyalty and respect could be so unworthy of it. I don't think you're anything like him. The insults and accusations he gets here -- he earned every single one. He doesn't deserve you. You're better than he ever thought to be. Maybe I'm wrong about you, oldiesman. But I don't think so. You don't have it in you to hurt anyone. VPW did. Let him go.

I am crying my eyes out! I know those believers and they were my good times and the things I miss about TWI 1. Gawd Olds, if that is the guy you were, I miss you people so much.

When all the corruption came down and I looked for sanity -- the sweet believer with a heart of Gold is what I longed for, part of the reason I stayed to try and fix TWI and what I wish I saw in people today.

I missed you Olds, forgive me for not getting where you were coming from, if you are the Bible sharing, coffee getting, car loaning, love bug I grew to count on in my twigs, or branch etc. I have missed you and I understand how hard this is for you. It is difficult because you are an innocent person who could not "dream up" some of the things VPW did to people in real life.

Laleo - thanks!

Dot Matrix

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on February 04, 2003 at 7:44.]

Being from Texas, I decided to see how Texas law addresses the matters brought up in this thread. (I?m aware that Wierwille was not subject to current Texas law and not subject to prior Texas law, except when he was in Texas. That?s not the point.)

In Texas, there is no crime called ?rape.? What I earlier called ?forcible rape? is called ?aggravated sexual assault.? That is a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for 5 to 99 years, plus a possible fine of up to $10,000.00. What Wierwille has been accused of is called ?sexual assault,? which is a felony of the second degree, punishable by imprisonment for 2 to 20 years, plus a possible fine of $10.000.00. If a person found guilty of a second-degree felony has a prior felony conviction, the punishment is the same as for a first-degree felony.

I won?t quote the entire relevant section of the Texas Penal Code but anyone interested can look it up HERE. I will quote this from 22.011(b)(10): ?(b) A sexual assault under Subsection (a)(1) is without the consent of the other person if: (10) the actor is a clergyman who causes the other person to submit or participate by exploiting the other person's emotional dependency on the clergyman in the clergyman's professional character as spiritual adviser.?

LongGone,

They have done a similar thing with the laws here in Michigan as well. In Michigan, even if the woman does not resist, if she simply says no one time and then goes along, for whatever reason, the man can be charged with Sexual Assault in the 4th degree.

Applying pressure, emotionally, psychologically, to a woman in order to gain sexual favors is a crime in Michigan.

However, in VPW's day there were no such laws to prosecute him under. Even now, with these laws in place, prosecution can be difficult. Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt what occurred between two people is very very tough.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

Raf

You said

quote:
Dot, thanks for clearing up Charlie's point. Charlie, thanks for verifying it. Forgive me for not getting it right away.

You are about the most considerate poster I have ever seen! You are really trying to be sensitive to all parties. And you go "all out" if you think you have stepped on any toes.

You are a very nice person.

Dot Matrix

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on February 04, 2003 at 14:34.]

I've been thinking of this since I first started following this thread intensely:

Is there any difference in the eyes of the law between rape as we've discussed it here and what some of the priests in the Catholic church have been accused of?

I cannot fathom how terrible it must have been to be put into that kind of situation. Whether or not you submit or resist the sexual coersion of Mr. Weirwille- both outsomes are quite the mind screw.

Here you are all idealistic and gullible and in the beginning of your young womanhood. Perhaps you are a virgin or not far removed from your first sexual experience.

Then the *teacher*, your *father in the word*, the one whom you totally trusted and whose ministry became your ministy- the MOG's goals your goals- and all you want is to be loved and to be part of this higher cause-- you have let go of family and friends, the past, have changed your thinking through the corps and maybe your are excited and *blessed* to be on staff, --you devote your time to selling piffle and to blessing the *believers*- you are in awe of the MOG and those above you on the way tree-

and the MOG, Mr. Weirwille, a wolf in sheeps clothing, who has been entrusted with your eternal soul and who taught you everything and whom you respect and whose word is as good as THE Word- preys on you-he gets you alone and touches your back, or your shoulder and breast- and says that he knows you want to bless him, you need love, you want to be a team player doncha now---nothing wrong with satisfying the physical- he has needs and so do you-- he says it so it must be true, how can you say no to the MOG-

I am so very sorry for anyone who has gone through that. What a mind screw, what a disullusionment, what a nasty dirty guilty feeling even if you said no--you are screwed EVEN IF YOU SAID NO AND NOTHING HAPPENS--

Soul stealing is a very good term. What happened in twi is as far removed from adultery as is pedophilia.

You ladies that have had to endure this- who

who doubted themself and who were damaged-- who lost their peace-I am so very sorry for what you went through.

I wish the selfish horny opportunistic old goat was still alive so he might make amends for your sake.

I want to say- please keep telling your story. Anyone that comes here that does not believe it happened- eventually if they keep reading, they will get it. Loy was not the only bad guy, he was just the seed that grew up.

And many things that an ex-wayfer didn't understand before will fall into place reading your stories.

The truth shall set you free.

Hopefull

Hopeful-

You get it.... What Ex was saying when she called what VPW did "soul stealing? At first, I did not think what I had to say would add to the picture because not all things ended in rape. But when I considered Ex's title "soul stealing" I thought my God, she is right! I have a lot of examples of that.

My last one, I told you all about with the 18 year old he got drunk and "banged". That poor little girl thought he loved her and they were in a "special" relationship. Well, what would you think as a teen? Not yet old enough to vote or drink legally, how could they possibly be able to emotionally or psychologically ever stand up to an OLD man that taught you that Jesus loves you -- merely using you as a faceless vagina. She had to imagine he "loved her." Isn't that sad?

When I was on staff at limb we had a college in the state. It was B______g. The girls there were known as Dr.?s B___________g girls. He spoke of them regularly. If anyone is out there or has a friend that is/was one, they can tell you some stories.

Here these kids go to college?. Mom and Dad scrape the money together to get them a good education. Maybe they just opened their first checking account, they may still call home to ask Mom in what temperature do you wash white clothes? They may be taking different course to decide ?what they want to be when they grow up.? There are drugs on campus but they don?t really want that lifestyle although they did take a toke off a joint once at a PJ party.

They are told about a fellowship where they can learn about the love of God. Some of the kids have gone to church their whole lives and miss the Sunday school days with the family. Others have sought their whole lives to find something concrete and did not find it in church. They go to fellowship and afterwards, VPW and his old man friends invite them to a booze party, get them drunk, and take advantage of them.

The next day, some of the girls are in such condemnation they cannot even speak. Others are in a kinda shock as they cannot imagine their minister at home drinking with them and touching them inappropriately, others are thankful for the attention and although they were confused by the God preaching drunk, they can belong to something while away from home. After all, feeling dirty is easier than being scared to death at 18 on a campus away from your family and friends.

It is not rape. But it is Soul Stealing. Some of those girls, nearly 25 years later are still plagued by the haunts of the parties. They still picture that drunk old man preaching ?God loves you? as he removed their panties, gave them another drink and told them he would ?meet their needs.?

Yeah, everyone needs a pig lying old drunk guy to tell them about Jesus then give them booze (and more) and use them as a faceless vagina.

Dot Matrix

[This message was edited by Dot Matrix on February 04, 2003 at 17:02.]

Dot,

It may not have been legally rape, but to the girls who endured it, it was emotionally rape.

Not to totally derail, but reading your stories lead me to another thought. When LCM's daughter went off to college, he started teaching parents they had to keep tabs on their kids at school. Phone calls, faxed schedules, faxed budgets, had to know what their kid was doing almost every minute of the day.

At the time, I thought he was just a control freak, which he was. Now I'm wondering if he wasn't petrified some man might come along and do such things to his daughter.

To every man his own truth and his own God within.

To those of you who have come forth to publically declare the raging sexual abuse experienced at the hands of MOGs in wool cloth, I do humbly respect. The public declaration of such evil is justice mete out in the form of exposure a most misirable ministry that has , is , and does lie in heralding forth Truth as The Word Over The World... a big ole expletive deletive basket of rotten fruit.

Gist of a Dead Lines quote Sic Vic & Me his little PP... "A lot of people say they believe in GAWD. They just don't say which one."

Oh, they had that line down pat in the depths of deceit. Evil men they were. Oh, yes indeedy. Make NO mistake about that! I know I made a mistake for twenty years...

Warning , Warning Will Robison... Danger, Danger...

I heard the skuttle-but about the Revs doing the ladies back since I took the clASS Power For Redundant Living in 75. Discounted the 'gossip' as an attack from the "AdVeRsArY." After all, I was proud to be counted as one who stood for the TRUTH, after all we were counted as a #1 cult. The Word, The Word, The Word & Nothing but The Word.

I did have a great time from time to time, but the time came when those times became a noose of (sp>>>>>) pedantic phariaSIC legalism, the ePITomi of deceit & hipocrisy. It was time to leave. Oh, Lourdy have the mercy twenty years now of uncertainty & labeled (sp)PoSseSsEd by a Five Star (sp)Dimon.

Soul Stealers, thieves of the soul, incorrigable, ripper of hearts, thieves of the hearts soul, evil men waxing worse, deceivers deceiving themselves, thieves of the Truth, liars, accusors, back biters, master plagerists perverting good peoples works as their own, whisperers, guardians of their own mystery of secericies, dividers of families, destroyers decimating & twisting minds a duality of hipocracy into reality, suicide, strippers of identity of self, masters of delusion and illussion, book burners, manipulators, self righteous, indignent, haughty, insolent, arrogant, money grubbing grabbing bastards... Exposure, Exposure, Exposure is your downfall oh now most gentle TWI & YOUR PIT OF LIES. Your loyals are your purse to raw recruits. TWI IS A LIE!!!!!!! That is the present truth. Other than that, everybody else was kewl.

If there are any more advanced classes to be taken... this is the one... shhh... learn about Sic Vic...

HeLLo, HeLLo, wer'e not in Kansas anymore... click your heels three times... don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain... for Gawd's sake let it snow & I'll tell the Truth to the keeds as it has never been taught before... I sware on my secretary's soul and every one else that follows. I know, Gawd grant me a motor coach and all my needs will be met paralell to the Word, The Word, THE WORD & NOTHING BUT THE WORD...

the prophalatic thought bursts...

Grease Spots By Midnight... HeLLo... been out for eight years... was there a particular midnight you were refering to??? heh-heh

"I got one more silver dollar

No, I'm not gonna let 'em catch me

No,

Not gonna let 'em catch

The Mid Night Rider!!!!!!! "

TABB

"My FREEDOM I hold dear..."

LZ

I do apologise to those I introduced into TWI 1 & 2, and especially to any of those that might have been sexually exploited at the hands of THE MOGS because of my witness to you the PFAL IS TRUTH. Lourdy knows I mentally abused people because I was Valeint for the Truth. I did not know that I was an abusor being abused at that time because the man behind the curtain was a wiz of a wiz, but now I know... and hereby humbly apologise for my ignorance.

..."And pray we don't get fooled again..."

The Who

Stevo

My heart is humbled reading these posts. I am at work but near tears. The hell so many of you have been thru at the hands of the man of GAWD is so outrageous and unbelievable. My heart aches. I cant believe that I was involved in this crock of crap for 19 years of my life. If I can do anything for you, excath, Dot, and WG, let me know. Please keep posting. EVERYONE needs to know this stuff.

God bless your beautiful hearts....

The decisions we make today form our future.