GreaseSpot Cafe

So what was the Christian Family and Sex class about?

RottieGrrrl

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for being direct Pirate. Hmm, sounds a bit acrobatic. I'm surprised he didn't get into a gravity boots demonstration.

Eggs in the Hole: Grease up a frying pan, let the butter melt and get hot. Put in a piece of bread, make indentation in the middle of bread with spoon. Crack egg into "hole" of bread. Let bottom get brown, flip over, do other side to your liking. (I like mine runny) Eat.

So the egg is cooked right into the bread. Yummy. Haven't had it for ages til this morning.

Back to the sex!

babyrott60percent.gif

...Ain't no grave, gonna hold this body down..when I hear that trumpet sound...

p

At the time (75 or so) we in my area were all young with an abundance of hormones so it made sense that there might be a class to deal with this topic. On the other hand no one in the room needed an explanation on slang or needed to see pictures of dongs.

I do recall that after the class that some local

leaders were adding in their 2 cents saying things like " well if you have to have sex

with somone find an unbeliever - don't abuse

a sister in christ". Of course the "sisters in

christ" in my area were quite agressive on

their own so its not like I had a choice *laff*

CF&S was some half-a$$ed stab at trying to make

recommendations on how a christian should

approach the topic of sex but it failed as it

didn't deal extensively with issues such as

sex before marriage and/or adultery which are

only two of the more obvious issues.

diaz. Good point,as usual, about the adultery and fornication thing should have been taught and all. You mean they didn't cover that at ALL in that class? Come on, I automatically thought that's what the class should have been about.

WhiteDove: gotcha, wrote ya back icon_wink.gif;)-->

Trefor: YEAH, it SEEMS like they could have left the "family" part out alright!

Matilda, hee hee hee. icon_wink.gif;)-->

babyrott60percent.gif

p

WhiteDove gotcha again. Check response.

insurgent interesting. See this is the problem of having "Bible in your Bedroom" classes. Sex is really a private thing for most couples. Well duh. Gee rottie that was insightful.

What I mean is I guess I can see some good in having classes like this, as long as it's done with BOTH sexes mutual satisfaction in mind, but for some people getting that personal would come off as intrusion into their private lives.

And I have no doubt that others would think "Who the hell is this a$$hole telling me how to have sex?"

Personally I would think I could learn better moves from watching 2 dogs mate. But that's just me.

babyrott60percent.gif

p

PS I didn't want to add this but, The egg in the Hole recipe is actually supposed to have a real HOLE cut in the middle of the bread. I just indent mine. I guess I prefer mine with the maidenhead intact.

Ducking....

babyrott60percent.gif

p

I took this class in about '75 I think.

The main thing I remember about it was the poor kid sitting in front of me (who I think was a little "slow" - to be charitable) turned bright crimson and coughed from embarassment throughout the whole class. I didn't think he'd make it through the photo segment. It really was sad to see the changes he went through just to be in that insipid "class".

Did anyone REALLY learn anything of value? I sure didn't - unless you count finding out that "a head gasket for a hot rod" was slang for a condom. Boy, that info sure has come in handy...

geo.

ya know George, I was going to post at about the same time as you... I was going to say that about all I remember after that class was thinking that I'd always gone to the other classes and felt like I'd grown and learned... after that class I was kinda disappointed... Teek looked like a nice dog but... other than that...

... confusion will be my epitath...

Boy, this is REALLY a hot topic. Way to go Rottie. I haven't posted for a while, but this one got me !!

It seems to me that I came away from that class with a distinct sense

that it was mainly directed at the women.

-How she should treat her man (we're just little boys, all grown up).

How she shouldn't nag at him, how she should look pretty for him,

she should have sexy nighties set aside for special times,

she should have the home peaceful for him when he comes home from work,

etc, etc.

But I must add that I (myself) also thought that if a man was to receive

such adoration from a woman, he must be doing something to deserve it.

This was my take on it, I could not imagine someone getting this kind of

treatment just because that is the way it is supposed to be.

Looking back, I now see how lopsided the teachings and exhortations were.

I think it is in this class where he makes statements like

"there is no clear cut teaching about fornication in the New Testament"

and "if you knew the freedom you had in Christ, it would blow your minds".

These statements, made in this class setting, clarified the meaning of

the statement made in plaf:

'love God, love your neighbor and do as you damn fool please'

Makes ya wonder if vpw had an agenda, huh?

ps- eggs in the hole: was that in the class? I don't remember.

Sounds pretty erotic to me!

later, ken

Thanks for sharing that Ken. When you said" if a man was to receive such adoration from a woman, he must be doing something to deserve it." I think you won the hearts of women everywhere.

Very interesting how some of you guys are bringing up the subltle references that put women in a patronizingly subservient position to men.

Like I said I noticed this in the teachings towards women in the offshoot I was attending (very subtle) and I once again I see where this mentality started from.

Supposedly these teachings are to "bless the woman" but some of it seems like it's really nothing more than a twisted agenda meant to manipulate and control.

Veeeeery interesting.

...It's hard to be humble when you own a rottweiler...

babyrott60percent.gif

p

Rottie: Yes, VP taught that crap about the Original Sin being masturbation (i.e. must have been a banana, not an apple...) in CF&S. Fortunately, right before the segment started, our Limb C stood up and said "The biblical evidence for this next segment is still under review, so don't take it as set in stone." Not surprising that he didn't stick around long after LCM's "Obey or Die" letter...

Apparently, VP took the phrase with the Serpent showing Eve that the fruit of the tree was a thing "to be desired" and declared it meant "to be desired sexually". Funny, then, as how masturbation is not mentioned again in the Levitical cleanliness laws, although it does go out of its way to legislate that you can't touch the saddle upon which a menstruating woman has sat.

Must have been an oversight... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

The fool hath said in his heart, "PFAL is the word of God..."

Not to go on a choo choo but it just doesn't make a helluva lot of sense. Simple disobedience to God is what the original sin was about. What does masturbation have to do with anything? Did God say "thou shalt not play with thyself?" I just don't get how that could even come up.

Well thanks for enlightening me Zix. All I can say is I sure hope none of these offshoots are still teaching that stupid stuff.

babyrott60percent.gif

p