GreaseSpot Cafe

The Role of the Gift of the Holy Spirit

ex10

yes

I understand and I agree .

the problem is some may go so far as to say certain leaders may be speaking to them from the dead.

Like vpw is still alive because no one has seen his body or elvis.

it can be twisted.

I think the key is the Holy part sirguessalot and to make a difference between the two which folks have struggled with so far and has been the root of much confusion.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Some do claim that.

But some also do.

Those who do, are probably better off not saying anything about it.

Just like Jesus taught his students - "keep yer mouth shut about what you saw!"

Some people do not want to deal with it.

At the end of the book of Revelation, John was speaking to an apostle.

Jesus spoke to men in white during his life.

Paul spoke to Jesus.

Yes, everything can be twisted.

But possibilities are not impossibilities.

Just because the capacity for deception is there, should one refuse to entertain an angel?

And what about "angels unaware?"

IMO, the apostles (and others) have been active in human affairs for two millenia, if not longer.

VPWs' faith was base largely on the dark side of death.

It was still his enemy. And do he was a true enemy of the spirit.

But I am not talking about VP or Elvis.

I am talking about Adam, Eve, Abraham, Melchizadek, Moses, Solomon, etc...

Not to mention those whose names or race did not make into scripture.

But whose names are in the book of life (again, I do not speak figuratively here).

icon_smile.gif:)-->

And yeah, "holiness" of spirit is an issue.

Disharmonies cause devils, though the devils are of God, and doing what devils are supposed to do.

Wise as serpents, harmless as doves, means we gotta understand snakes. They are NOT evil. They are just snakes and serve a role of their own.

The unlearned stumbles across a snake and gets bit and calls it an evil thing made by God.

The wise know how to walk without stirring them up. They can even summon them and speak with them.

quote:
Originally posted by sirguessalot:

And yeah, "holiness" of spirit is an issue.

Disharmonies cause devils, though the devils are of God, and doing what devils are supposed to do.

Wise as serpents, harmless as doves, means we gotta understand snakes. They are NOT evil. They are just snakes and serve a role of their own.

The unlearned stumbles across a snake and gets bit and calls it an evil thing made by God.

The wise know how to walk without stirring them up. They can even summon them and speak with them.

{said with accent of ancient chinese master}

Ahhhhh grasshopper. You learn. You teach.

icon_wink.gif;)-->

?????????????

All the apostles died and some in the witness of others. Paul was beheaded, as was James.

Peter died by crucifixion.

No one vanished into thin air.

I am sorry, but I cannot equate Buddha with any man in the Bible. Men, yes, but that's it. Buddha was an earthly prince who set up a faith based on him.

Jesus is an eternal king.

I came to this thread late. But I would caution anyone to avoid Hinn like the plague. His teachings are off, his theology weak. And his motive appears to be greed.

Have you seen his rallies? Where he throws the holy spirit around?

Better to look at works by Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Max Lucado, Chuck Swindoll and Charles Stanley.

Avoid most of the TBN crowd.

And you may be right about some of that, Def.

Some apostles might not have made it "all the way."

But you may be wrong at the same time.

A lot of men claimed to be the apostles.

And were killed for it.

There was no photography, TV, or fingerprinting.

And the apostle and their imposters travelled a lot.

So, who knows? Right?

icon_wink.gif;)-->

And Buddha's faith was NOT based on himself.

You might wanna read a bit more about it.

Jesus did.

Buddha had a lot to say about compassion that no one in the Bible really understood yet.

Jesus had to have learned from him, being the one who knew and experienced everything mankind had learned.

Would an eternal king do any less?

(Maybe another thread though? This one is about the role of pneuma hagion, not "who was holier than whom?")

But the role of holy breath was also understood by Buddha (not to mention an uncountable cast of other non-Jewish saints.

The A-brahamic art of breathing was lost to the children of Abraham's flesh, but preserved by those who perfected the patriarch's spiritual masteries and what-not. And the idea was probably lost in Israels bondage.

But this is how Jesus could know who did the works of Abraham...by the role (or lack thereof) of the art of pneuma hagion in their doctrine and practice.

One thing Jesus did, was restore the teachings of Abraham, which were hidden in the east.

And so he literally taught people how to be children (students) of Abraham again.

The inventor of discoverer of a method is considered the father, and the method his child.

btw - Did you know that most of us only utilize less than half of our full breathing capability?

And it is this diverse way of pneuma hagion and meditation that Jesus taught his students, in order to cleanse their flesh and blood and clear the way for holy thoughts?

There is even ways of breathing that stimulate compassion.

"Meet him in the air," he said? I lost track of all the implications.

Talk about the role of holy spirit?!?

Did not the twelve and their companions sat for nine days and meditated and focused their breathing, until enlightenment came? Just like the master taught them?

Ignore it all you want, but the form and manner in which Jesus taught his students is unmistakable.

The comforter comes like air. It is pure (hagion) because God designed the human form.

And so it is a physiological reality.

And you can do it while naked (barefoot) - which makes it holy as well.

Heck, I just got rid of an allergy tha has made me want to tear my skin off at times.

peace

[This message was edited by sirguessalot on February 12, 2004 at 17:04.]

Spiritual Pizza - that is the role of the Holy Spirit.

Pardon me while I speak allegorically of the willingness (or lack thereof) of some to personally – look into spiritual things – by way of the spirit. I have met my share of ex-way people who are “stuck” in the notion of passive spiritual “training” wanting to find some man to lead them. I have met others who have decided to roll up their sleeves and go to into the kitchen, spiritually – not being taught of man. But being fed of God.

So here is my comparison: The spirit is like a living dough factory. The problem has been that many desire and pray for nourishment but refuse to go into the kitchen. They want to sit in the living room and read and pray for daily bread. And to those who want to leave the cooking to the Apostles of Old, just remember… The greatest secret in the world today is that the Pizzeria is OPEN!

Shoot – I mean, God is not in the business of handing out stones when we ask for bread. So what are we still afraid of?

First of All – BRAVO! Talking about spiritual things in spiritual ways (like many of the posters have done) is like watching hand tossed pizza dough getting pulled and stretched and spun in the air. It is GREAT to see some home cookin’ again!! The kitchen is “OPEN”. This is real caf?are, I tell ya! ?

Yet, I can see people still standing outside, with faces pressed up against the glass – they wonder if it is too dangerous to eat anything except the dried biscuit crumbs that they have left in their pocket – still wrapped in the original Rock of Ages napkin – served on the paper plate of PFAL. It was the only food they have ever known.

Self appointed food police – with a mission to keep people out of the Pizzeria. They are bad for business. Spiritual business. They have become the enemies of those looking for real bread. They roam the streets of the hungry, warning them to stay away from the pizzeria.

They can quote the recipe for biscuit dough by heart – yup. And they can even tell you in Greek – what the meaning of the word “teaspoon” is. And salt… oh yes – that would be NaCl when you break it down… so don’t use “salt” – the recipe REALLY means use the elements Sodium and Chlorine. Breaking things into their elemental parts is how to make good bread! – (so they claim).

But – have you ever noticed that those food police folks often have never even baked a loaf of their own bread? And if they did, they found out it was not fit to eat! And can they throw a pie? No hand tossed crust will ever come from their kitchen! Just elements. Incapable of supporting anything living.

So they stand outside, warning others not to enter the kitchen of the spirit and start making bread. It is way “too risky”. Too many counterfeit yeast purveyors out there, we are told. Spores are everywhere! You can’t even see spores so how are we going to discern spores… hmmmm? Besides, if the wrong spores get in there, it is likely that that batch of bread will end up eating US! No… you had just better leave the hand tossed pizza to the professionals that did it 2000 years ago. All these pizzerias should be closed!! They are a spiritual health risk!!!

So hungry people sit. Unfed. Breaking off their last bits of their dried “wayfers” in their pocket.

For them, I ask - Keep this thread going, please! There are some passing by that might have enough hunger to overcome their fear and walk in. And when they do, don’t just feed them your bread – no – encourage them to get their hands on a fresh batch of dough and encourage them to give it a toss. They might be very surprised at how great it tastes!

God

Hi All

Talking about Buddha

It was not Buddha that was wrong it was the ones who came after Buddha

Buddha taught truths and search for truth and love everywhere he could find it

Now just as Moses taught truths and love to others if the ones who came after him had his body they would of made him a God too

But God saw that afar off and took the possible evil far from them

Now Buddha teaches were added too over the years and miss quoted

So before one judges Buddha ask God about him and do not look at how evil men use his teaching to justify evil

For some even try to justify evil with the word of God

A good example is how the Way justify themself to you

with love Roy

Actually, to carry the dough thaing a bit further...

Bread is baked dough. Manna was stuff that had a VERY short shelf life. Everyone wants (seems like) bread that lasts forever and ever. Everlasting bread is here... it is Christ.

The spirit would not brag on self... but would teach us of Christ and be the way to oneness.

The role of the holy spirit is, in part, to provide the daily bread - our manna. And we should not be too quick to share it or hold over and eat it tomorrow. It may be full of worms by then. It is a temporal thing.

Manna was a "NOW" food. Not a tomorrow food.

The bread the spirit gives us, is first of all:

1. For us (not to share)

2. The nourishment we derive from it, the energy the inspiration, the love, the warmth... THAT is for sharing. Jesus did not share all things - his Manna - but he used his Manna for spiritual food and he gave Himself... not "his" Manna.

3. There is Manna to share. But that bread that is for others, often holds little nourishment for you.

Another example: Peter, after he wnet with the Gentiles - did NOT stand up after they spoke in tongues and say "Hot DANG! Ya'll are nothin' but a bunch of creepy, crawley, thangs that God showed me in a sheet. And He told me to rise and Kill and Eat..."

About then, one of the Gentiles would be thinking - "This God of the Jews REALLY hates the Gentiles for SURE!"

That did not happen. Peter shared what the bread NOURISHED in his heart. "God is no respector of persons."

Hope that is a bit clearer. You guys keep going. This is a good thread. I will go back to work... since that is about all I have time for these days.

Peace... and Bon Apetit

God

Hi All

From God

quote:
I write unto you my dear children of the love I have for each of you . For I feed you with the truth of my spirit and I take care of your every need.

Now about the spirit of Christ that is in you to guide you along life way . It is the spirit of Christ that makes you feel safe and it is the spirit of Christ that leads you as you walk in love.

For your big brother Christ has you by the hand and he helps you cross the roads of life. For in life there are roads of lies and roads of truth. And every time you run into the road of lies it is my son who runs after you to safe you from the cars of evil.

Now when you walk on the road of truth it is my son who guides you on your way with the flow of the cars of truth so you receive truth not faster than you can handle it.

Now I teach each of you in differ ways because you all grow at differ speeds . There is not a set speed to grow at because life as put differ things in each person path.

For some roads are rocky and some have shape curves while other have straight paths. For you all have grow up with differ governors ruling your lives. But when you set Jesus Christ as the governor in your life everything change for the best.

with love Roy

Hello God...

I'd like to place an order please...I'd like deep dish (the deeper the better) an' I want extra grace, and forgiveness and some lovingkindness in good measure. Oh yeah! Can I have a side order of patience too? Thanks! Love ya! icon_wink.gif;)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

In 1935, Oral, in the back seat of his parents car, going to a tent healing service, heard the voice of God.

"Son, I am going to heal you and you are to take the message of my healing power to your generation."

In 1947, while serving as a pastor, he again heard Gods voice.

"Son, don't be like other men. Don't be like other preachers."

"Be like my Son, Jesus Christ, and bring healing to the people as he did."

When Oral asked God: "How could I become like Jesus?"

God said: "Read the four Gospels and the Book of Acts through consecutively, three times within thirty days, and you will see Jesus as I wish you to see him."

What was interesting about OR was that he believed in the trinity, prayed to Jesus; but through his reading and study of the Gospels, he saw Jesus as a human being, as a man, just like Oral. OR saw his humaness, his love, his joy. How Jesus hated sin, but loved the sinner. He hated sickness, but loved the sick. He hated fear, but comforted the fearful. Jesus hated demons but loved the possessed.

Then God showed OR the state of all men and women on this earth.

EVERYBODY in some form, some way, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, is sick.

Even the most healthy looking individuals can have some form of hidden sickness.

When God showed OR how He, God, sees humanity, Oral developed a tremendous love and compassion for humanity. This compassion drove him to help people, via the healing ministry.

Lightside

Thanks for that. I personally believe that if we are "to do the works that Jesus did" it is imperative that we have a relationship with him. We must be on intimate talking terms with him in order to carry out his will for the church. After all, he is the head, and still in the business of carrying out God's will in his body, healing included. I think it's the holy spirit that allows us to have this relationship. Which to me includes walking and talking with Jesus, prayer to him, if you will. He is called our "friend" for good reason.

Also, I think that "showing mercy" which is listed as one of the "gifts" or "ministries" in the body of Christ, is intimately connected with healing. It's true I think, that love "energizes" our ability to be "led by the spirit." That love would include seeing as the Lord does. Like the hymn says, "He looks beyond my faults and only sees my need."

I agree that every human on the planet has need of some kind. Jesus was always able to speak to that need, no matter how scary it looked. (I'm thinking of the "man of the tombs") There wasn't a person he encountered, that he wasn't able to reach, to touch, to heal. I think he's still the same today, and it's his gift of holy spirit that enables us to walk in his stead. Of course, we must choose to do that. We make the choice to follow, but it's still Jesus, by way of the holy spirit that leads us.

Thanks EX10,

You said: "Thanks for that. I personally believe that if we are "to do the works that Jesus did" it is imperative that we have a relationship with him. We must be on intimate talking terms with him in order to carry out his will for the church. After all, he is the head, and still in the business of carrying out God's will in his body, healing included. I think it's the holy spirit that allows us to have this relationship. Which to me includes walking and talking with Jesus, prayer to him, if you will. He is called our "friend" for good reason."

This is what I want to believe, still working on it.

We are humans with a spiritual connection, mighty, powerful, healing; but not yet of the caliber of Jesus Christs' Glorious body. We are born into one spirit with God and Jesus and maybe even the angels; but only functioning at 10% of our maximium ability.

Jesus has the complete package, can function as a spirit would. It is the same spirit that we have, so he, like God can communicate to us in the same way God does, via Holy Spirit.

Or with his human shape, can appear to us.

If God who is spirit and Jesus Christ, who is a quickening spirit and us, who have an immature but perfect spirit, all have the ONE spirit, than communication (spiritual commication) is possible via the same transmitters and receivers (so to speak).

So, communication is possible.......

Someone help me here......thanks

Just all my humble thoughts...not doctrine, yet

[This message was edited by Lightside on February 13, 2004 at 12:54.]

Lightside

Just a suggestion, but if you read John 14-17, Jesus' last words to his beloved disciples before his suffering and death.....as if he's talking to and about you and me...ohmigosh! icon_eek.gif

This also happens to be the section where he talks about the coming Comforter.

Greetings -

I've been dying to get some feedback on a "Holy Spirit" question I raised a couple months ago in the "Doctrinal" section (not as popular, I guess), for anyone who was involved in twi before 1978, namely this:

Does anyone recall noticing a drop in the occurrance or frequency of miracles and healings throughout Wayland (allowing for their possibility, despite all the garbage going on), after the first publication of "Jesus Christ is not God"?

I don't mean to derail. But I've taken an interest in how Charismatics (included those from whom VP "borrowed") perceive the Holy Spirit, and am wondering how much effect (if any) JCNG might have had on the works of the Holy Spirit.

Danny

[This message was edited by TheInvisibleDan on February 13, 2004 at 14:35.]