GreaseSpot Cafe

Who took my thread?

Rocky

Radar: You did misunderstand. I was making a commentary on how certain things should not be swept under the rug. These "can't we all just get along" types mean well, I'm sure, but dismissing a problem without addressing it only makes certain that the problem will resurface at a later time, only magnified. It's where the Internet term "bliss ninny" originated.

Of course the abuse is an extreme example, but just because this particular problem doesn't approach the other's magnitude does not automatically mean that it's frivolous, either. That was my point. Sorry if it wasn't clear to you.

You can prejudge it as a "....ing contest" if you like, it's not like I can stop you. But, if that's all you feel this is, then why reply at all, seeing as how you want it moved off the page? That just brings it back to the top.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zix,

This thread doesn't show any signs of leaving just yet so my three little posts are not slowing down what I would consider to be PROGRESS.

BLISS NINNY???? Alrighty then, I have finally found a label that I can live with anim-smile.gif

ROR

quote:
Originally posted by Bluzeman:

Aw come on Zixar, I was trying to lighten the situation up a bit. I've seen you do the same thing.

So if your gonna be that way, then no beer for you!

OK, I can't be that mean...you can have one. icon_smile.gif:)-->

And someone pour a chardonnay for Radar!

Rick

Rick: Four times out of five, I'd agree with you. I just don't think Pawtucket deserves to be treated that way, regardless of any past run-ins I've had with him, and making light of the whole thing just gives a kind of tacit approval to what Rocky did to him.

So, there's a hundred places I'd take that beer with you. Here's just not one of them. Sorry, I don't mean to be a prick about it, but this incident hasn't exactly kept me in a joking mood.

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> I reported each and every one of you for participating in this thread... icon_razz.gif:P-->

If you do not tell the truth about yourself you can not tell it about other people.

virginia woolfe

ya know 6er... my whole point in turning it (the thread) in a different direction was that it's all over... let it go... why keep dragging it on?

no one is dismissing the problem, we just don't see the need to drag it out ad infinitim (or however you spell that)...

other than that, your defenses of your actions (up this page a bit) are pretty much BS (nothing personal)... so...

name caller@!

She's the kind of a girl that makes the "News of the World" Yes you could say she was attractively built.

Tom: So, now you're the one who gets to decide when a thread is no longer worth discussing? I must have missed that memo... icon_cool.gif

Look, all I'm asking is that if you don't particularly want to discuss a thread anymore, then just stop reading that thread. Why perpetuate them by adding unrelated noise if you aren't going to add any more signal? That's like saying, "well, I don't want to discuss this anymore, but I don't want YOU to discuss it either, so I'll just post something silly!"

Can you see where I'm coming from?

yeah... I can see where you're coming from...

and no, I don't get to decide when a thread is no longer worth discussing, but how many times did you have to beat that poor dead horse? it was like you were Mel Gibson or something icon_biggrin.gif:D-->...

And I must apologize if I posted something silly, it's the damn spirits that dwell in me! !ti od em ekam yehT

I think that about covers it, but you did invoke Godwin's Law!

Peas Owt!

She's the kind of a girl that makes the "News of the World" Yes you could say she was attractively built.

I cannot believe thatthis thread coninues. Six pages long?

Rocky? I here you found your thread. Is it ok? I guess this earned you a ticket to the "Civil Politics" thread. Boy, that combination of words definitely seems to be a major contradiction of terms! Jumbo Shrimp? Civil Politics?

Well, have at it boys!!

I think it's particularly intriguing that so many people see fit to apologize to Zixar, as if they have done something wrong, just because he declares it to be so.

and, as Jonny Lingo states so poignantly, "I cannot believe that this threat continues.

Having stayed out of the fray has hopefully illustrated who is the real obsessive individual in this whole stink. And, of course, it is stinky.

Bravo for those who prefer not to take sides. But puhleeze, allowing him to bully you also into believing you have something to apologize to him about?

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> You talkin to me?

btw, Excie... I wasn't talkin to or about you in this... I think I understand your sense of humor... irony goes a long way in communicating persuasively.

oh man... here we go again...

I don't know why, but I feel I must point out that "I" didn't apologize for "me", it was the spirits! and I'm sure that it wasn't missed how firmly my tongue was in my cheek...

please, please let it die!

my gawd peepull... have you no respect for Godwin!

Tom: You know, it's really hard to support your bid for GreaseSpot Official Horse Coroner™ if you yourself keep poking the carcass... icon_wink.gif;)--> Just a friendly reminder, no pressure.

Rick: Another time, another place, definitely. Thanks.

Rocky: "I think it's particularly intriguing that so many people see fit to apologize to Zixar, as if they have done something wrong, just because he declares it to be so."

I asked no one for an apology. It's simple common courtesy, Rocky. If you would exercise it yourself a bit more, none of this would keep happening. No one should have to dare you to do the right thing. Skiving off and sucking up to your next enabler in another thread isn't taking responsibility, it's just blatant self-service.

Tell you what, if you issue a public apology to Pawtucket on this thread, there wouldn't be an awful lot left to say here, now would there?

Let me get this straight...

Zixar is publicly declaring that his obsessively hateful conduct is my fault, because I refuse to be intimidated into apologizing at his direction?

How quaint.

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Lingo:

What is a "troll"?

http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

Beware the Troll

To "troll" means to allure, to fish, to entice or to bait. An internet troll is someone who fishes for people's confidence and, once found, exploits it. Whilst the vast majority of internet users are bona fide, there are undoubtedly some trolls out there.