GreaseSpot Cafe

Who took my thread?

Rocky

Tom, Rocky, et al,

This is too strange! And kinda even funny! I didn't know things like this could happen here. We can report eachother, or, the moderator can repremand us or even ban us from some threads? That's kinda funny in a way. I do know that it does get pretty ugly here at times, but I never felt any moderation was going to occur.

Hey! Where were my protectors when I was under attack? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Well good luck with finding your thread Rocky, I hope it all works out...

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonny: Not that I've read every one of your posts, but I don't think you've done anything near worthy of a reprimand. This particular situation has a long history, but it isn't really anything that anyone outside the dispute has anything to fear from. For the most part, the really heated disagreements tend to stay off the Open Forum (and, surprisingly, the SameSex Marriage thread is fairly tame compared to the most blatant offenses) so when someone decides to violate the Open Forum, things get emphatic pretty quickly. I did it one time and got moderated for a week. I didn't think it was fair at the time either, but what's done is done.

In short, don't sweat it. Just don't let things go too far.

Jonny,

It was moved to a forum I didn't have access to, until after I started this thread. So, it's been found.

Pawtucket and others,

This one poster, who (in this post) will remain nameless, continues to stalk me.

My discussion, the one about which this thread was first started, was moved to the political decaf forum, apparently at the behest of said poster.

That poster has continued to make derogatory statements about me, on this thread, even after I indicated I understood this particular set of new rules -- AND in the thread he wanted moved to a non-open forum. His comments have been directed primarily at me, or on this thread to take over and commandeer the discussion so that he can choose what topic he wants to address. On the other thread, his comments have, thus far, had nothing to do with the point of discussion for which the thread was started.

THIS is STALKING and HARASSMENT.

I do not get involved in his discussions. I asked him to return the courtesy. He, in no uncertain terms, said he was refusing to do that.

Now, since this poster and the other one who has been allowed to attack me willy nilly started based on their apparent hatred for my political point of view, and since this poster has specified he will not refrain from interrupting my discussion, as I have done with his, WHO is the one harassing?

---------------

Telling the truth carries risk. I accept that risk.

[[[[[[Tom Strange]]]]]]

(Those little marks mean left hooks and right crosses and head butts)

"Big Brother" was the figurative person of the all knowing Government in the book "1984" by George Orwell.

Rocky-

Wow that seems so strange to be cyber stalked and harassed. I hope this can be worked out. I am glad you found your thread...

Rocky,

You're beginning to sound like QQ when he was fighting against the corporate GeaseSpot during the forum rules wars. Paw has always been the fairest admin I've ever seen in any forum and

far more patient than a coon dog with three toddlers pounding him with their rattlers and pulling his ears.

I am surprised you and QQ were not permanently banned many moons ago. Unless you want to be banned, please lighten up.

Way II much fun for one man.

love ya,

Bob Hansen

Oops, sorry about that,icon_eek.gif I just got here.

Well you are both passionate about your causes for sure. Better than the lukewarm soul who never feels the fire. Back when I was young, the ol' farts would fight passionately all day long. When they were finished, they would agree to disagree by saying; "I may not agree with what you are saying, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it."

It was good, but something is missing these days.

love ya,

Bob Hansen

yeah, Goldwater was one of those tough ol' farts from the days when you could passionately disagree and still respect and be polite to one another. I've always liked him. I thought the article was pretty good, by the way.

love ya,

Bob Hansen

This series, from the Politics Decaffeinated forum, is the sum total of the exchange Rocky complained about. Whether labeling this as "STALKING AND HARASSMENT" stems from either paranoia, narcissism, or some of both, it's not abundantly clear. It is, though, by any rational examination, completely delusional to label this as such.

quote:

Rocky

Postaholic posted February 26, 2004 14:38

It was "reported" by way of the alert button as violating some unspecified rule, apparently by Zixar (he said he did anyway).

I had been arbitrarily and capriciously banned from both political forums because of the hatefulness and personal attacks made AT (not BY) me.

I posted a legitimate topic for discussion in the open forum, which is the only place I was given civil rights to freedom of speech in this community to post it for discussion.

Apparently, Pawtucket decided to change his mind about having banned me and restored my access to this forum.

Telling the truth carries risk. I accept that risk. Posts: 2296 | From: somewhere in the Sonoran desert | Registered: June 12, 2002

Zixar

Padawan Magi posted February 26, 2004 15:16

Why would I lie about reporting it?

Rocky

Postaholic posted February 26, 2004 15:33

Of course not.

I would appreciate it if you would do as I and avoid contact.

I don't butt into your discussions and would appreciate it if you would return the favor.

Telling the truth carries risk. I accept that risk. Posts: 2296 | From: somewhere in the Sonoran desert | Registered: June 12, 2002

Zixar

Padawan Magi posted February 26, 2004 16:15

Rocky, you were the one who brought me into this by questioning my reporting of your post and doing so by name. You had better believe I will respond as I see fit wherever you choose to do such.

Rocky

Postaholic posted February 26, 2004 16:31

Well, at least YOU are consistent.

Again, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from your interaction with me. I do not approach your discussions.

One might also note that none of what Rocky posted is relevant to his Goldwater topic either, but that's ok, since he has his own set of rules, right? icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
"On the other thread, his comments have, thus far, had nothing to do with the point of discussion for which the thread was started."