GreaseSpot Cafe

Who took my thread?

Rocky

Zix (for when you get back):

I didn't say you were the bad guy. I think my point was clear: I don't think Paw and Pam need to be pestered every time someone thinks he sees a rule infringement. It's my opinion (and you're welcome to yours, of course) that the yellow triangle should be used with much discretion, if it needs to be used at all.

In however many years GS I and II have existed, I've contacted Paw a grand total of one time to report something I thought shouldn't be on a thread, because it was in the thread and not in the message header, so I knew he and Pam might easily miss it. It was some language I thought would be highly offensive to many people (and I've got a pretty bad potty mouth!).

If Paw and Pam welcome a gezillion moderator alerts and want to hear every time someone thinks an infraction of the rules has occurred, or someone has stepped on his/her toes, I'd be quite surprised.

On the other hand, if they're getting flooded with complaints about arguments (or complaints stemming from long-held grudges over arguments) with other posters, I'd just bet that's a pain in their butts.

I don't dislike either you or Rocky. Period. That's simply not the case. I think you've both gotten carried away lately, that's all.

I'm much more concerned about what I consider frivolous button pushing and Rocky's calling our admin a coward than about the beef you two have with each other. They work hard to make this a nice place to play. I see no need to make their work any harder.

Linda Z

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda: For your information, I've pressed the Report button less than ten times total in the past three years. I don't know where you got your "gezillion" figure, but they aren't coming from me.

I'm concerned about Rocky's name-calling too. Did he apologize to Paw while I was away?

Aw c'mon now, Zixster. Did I say all gezillion came from you? No. Just multiply by 10 the number of posters here and.... Okay, I lied. It's not a gezillion. But it would be a lot more than I'd want to deal with if I were Paw and Pam.

Linda Z

Linda: Ok, then help me out here. If you aren't accusing me of overusing the "Report" feature, then what exactly do you mean that I've "gotten carried away lately"?

Here's all that really happened:

1) For reasons unknown to me, Rocky was banned from the Political Forums sometime after February 14th, the date of his last post there.

2) About 1:30am, February 26th, Rocky posts a political message in the Open Forum. In the first line, he acknowledges that there are other forums appropriate to this message, but apparently he feels since he can't post in the Political forums anymore, it's fine to post political stuff in the Open forum.

3) I read the message about 8am, noting that it takes a slam at the President, and in the ensuing exchange, Rocky uses his derogatory epithet "wingnut" for a right-wing think thank. Rather than start an argument with him, I press the "Report" button.

4) About an hour later, Paw presumably reads my request, agrees that the message does not belong on the Open forum, and moves the thread to the Politics Decaffeinated forum.

5) Rocky starts this thread at 11:25 am.

6) Not 15 minutes later, he starts making unsupported accusations of cowardice.

7) About 12:30, seeing Rocky railing against Pawtucket, I tell Rocky the circumstances surrounding what happened in detail, in the forlorn hope that Rocky will stop attacking Paw over nothing.

8) Rocky continues in his attacks, only now I'm part of Pawtucket's conspiracy against him.

9) About 2:15, Paw posts a succinct explanation of why HE did what he did.

10) Rocky dishes up more of his "innocent victim" routine, lashing out at Paw with his "arbitrary and capricious" mantra.

11) Et cetera. No point in recounting all five pages of the thread.

I didn't do anything wrong, Linda. I followed the procedure Paw set up in the wake of Rocky's previous transgression over QQ's identity. Situations like these are exactly why the Report button is there. Where I made my mistake was owning up to reporting it. You'll notice that a couple of other posters pointed out the most likely place it was moved was the Decaf forum, too. It's just my opinion, of course, but I think Rocky knew full well where it had gone, and moreover, I think he knew full well that's what would happen when he tried to cheat around his political time-out. Why? Because if it truly were a colossal misunderstanding as to what had happened to his thread, the very least he could have done was to offer Paw an apology, regardless of how insincere it might have been. Of course, he hasn't done so. As soon as someone gives him the tiniest bit of support, it apparently vindicates him of all wrongdoing in his mind, and off he goes until he's ready to pull the trigger on his next tantrum. This is at least the third time this has happened in the past year, and I doubt very seriously if he will be here very long if he tries to go for four.

Note well: Even after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, he has his "lost" thread back now, nothing's even been posted on it for nigh on two days, and he took 4 out of the 7 posts he did post on it after the move into trying to pick another fight with me.

Still, you can believe what you want to about the situation. That's my position on it, with the threads themselves providing sufficient documentation for anyone to check my side of the story. I doubt you'll ever find the same for Rocky's claims, like that he was banned for something OTHER people did. Personally, I'd love to see that one.

I don't see any cloak-and-dagger stuff going on here. Rocky has been banned from the political forums and presumably as a way around that ban he posted an obvious political topic in the open forum.

He gets reported and the post gets moved. So freakin what ? There is hardly a case for martydom here and there is even less a case for abuse of the feature used to contact moderators. Its a choice we all have and I have no idea how often others use it. Nor do I care. I have never used it but that certainly doesn't mean those who do are somehow "cheating" or getting away with something.

Hell I might even report my own post.

That's what I love about this place. Good thing to know that no matter what the topic, you can always count on someone coming in and trivializing the whole thing. That's the GreaseSpot spirit, folks! All life's woes can be eliminated with drinking jokes and food fights! Derailing makes smooth sailing! 2,4,6,8! Everybody obfuscate! Yay, team! Way to be part of the problem! Why, if we could just get VPW's victims to eat Sno-Cones™ , they'd forget all this silly 'who-raped-whom' bickering, too!

...What? Not funny? Geez, what a buzz-kill!

Guess some folks just have no sense of humor. icon_razz.gif:P-->

(It couldn't be that some things just aren't funny, could it...? Naaah! On with the party!)

Soup? What happened to the snow cones? Why am I always the last one to get the new script dailies? Are we making fun of cripples yet? Or was that yesterday?

Who's responsible for continuity on this turkey, anyway? MAKEUP!

Mr. Strange????? Are you the.....

icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_eek.gifThread Nazi?????? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif:confused:--> icon_eek.gif

icon_wink.gif;)-->

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

quote:
Originally posted by Zixar:

That's what I love about this place. Good thing to know that no matter what the topic, you can always count on someone coming in and trivializing the whole thing. That's the GreaseSpot spirit, folks! All life's woes can be eliminated with drinking jokes and food fights! Derailing makes smooth sailing! 2,4,6,8! Everybody obfuscate! Yay, team! Way to be part of the problem! Why, if we could just get VPW's victims to eat Sno-Cones™ , they'd forget all this silly 'who-raped-whom' bickering, too!

...What? Not funny? Geez, what a buzz-kill!

Guess some folks just have no sense of humor. icon_razz.gif:P-->

(It couldn't be that some things just aren't funny, could it...? Naaah! On with the party!)

Zix,

I must COMPLETELY misunderstand your point here. Are you REALLY comparing threads concerning victims of sexualabuse/coercion/rape with with a thread about a MISSING thread?

In my opinion all the ....ing contests in the world, regarding politics, "mine is bigger than his", "I am always right, You are always wrong",

"He is a bully, I am the righteous one" IN NO WAY COMPARE to the threads that actually provide information regarding TWI and it's practices.

In the grand scheme of life...the two concepts just don't measure up...at least in my mind. Maybe THAT is why some people have no problem in trying to move this thread down to the bottom of the page. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

Radar

Aw come on Zixar, I was trying to lighten the situation up a bit. I've seen you do the same thing.

So if your gonna be that way, then no beer for you!

OK, I can't be that mean...you can have one. icon_smile.gif:)-->

And someone pour a chardonnay for Radar!

Rick