GreaseSpot Cafe

Stupid Way Stories

JustThinking

Ahhhhh!

The memories of wacky Way days.---------- sigh

Midway through my first year of Fellow Laborers, most of us were frazzled from lack of sleep and low protein diets.

So, the FLO Coordinator calls a special meeting, chews our butts out for grumbling and proceeds to give us a teaching that "proves" the human body can run on no sleep at all with an appropriate amount of SIT and believing. Even threw in a scripture or two from Habakkuk or Nehemiah or Job or somewhere just to make it official. Guess who overslept for the following morning's 5:30 AM fellowship? Oh, there's more to it, but I'll leave it at that.

Was that RA who did that teaching? I forget. Stupid jerk, he was in Mr. Garden's apartment and took naps and everything! And remember the time we got bitched out for waking him up with our louad conversation in the basement, and then a few mornings later got bitched out for being too quiet and letting him oversleep?

Sheesh! Those people!

WG

When we needed flowers for a high dignitary function, we were told to go to funeral homes and ask for any left over flowers from a service. And I did. I was the only one brave enough to look like an idiot. Geez, I miss those more than abundant life wow days.

LOL. I have to ask, did they give you any? Can you still remember the looks on their faces?

Even though I never did that, I probably would have if someone had instructed me to. But I did do this:

I once was up for a really cool job. When I told the LC about it he told me to take the entire WW team and fellowship with me to the interview so they could believe with me and witness while we were there. Despite the gnawing doubt in my gut, I complied because I too was brave enough to look like an idiot.

The entire crew of us showed up. Needless to say, I could have had a cool job on the WW field but didn't get it because of this. They really wanted to hire me when i had been alone during the first interview.

I had a roommate in a Way Home once from Puerto Rico whos first language was spanish... I could always understand his english but he often got his english words just a little mixed up.

( Are the alive dead now?)

He did a teaching at a twig one time on love and spoke for about 15 minutes on the difference between Agape love and fellatio love. :biglaugh:

I thought it was hilarious at the time, the two new people that night just watched with their jaws dropped.

Finest bible exposition since the first century alrighty

Edited by mstar1

Was that RA who did that teaching? I forget. Stupid jerk, he was in Mr. Garden's apartment and took naps and everything! And remember the time we got bitched out for waking him up with our louad conversation in the basement, and then a few mornings later got bitched out for being too quiet and letting him oversleep?

Sheesh! Those people!

WG

Why, yes, it was, indeed, RA.

:biglaugh:

Had a TC who wondered out loud how fax machines worked and wondered how the paper ended up at the receiver's end of the transmission. She honestly thought that the paper went thru the phone lines.

Same said TC asked for help moving. Was I ....ed when I found one of the many items we were moving was a @#$# rock collection. Several boxes of rocks. None of them were of any value or did they even know what they were - just thought they were "pretty".

Helped one TC move and happened across his old record collection. Opened up "The Wall" double album to have a load of pot seeds, stems, and detritus fall to the floor. Um, yeah. Pass the Twinkies and Doritos.

Was told on the WOW field to stop witnessing to people and work more so we could pay the bills that people had run up prior to leaving the field or being kicked off.

Asked by the LC/RC of my area if I got any money from my mother when my dad died - "Didn't he leave you anything?" and when I replied no and that I really didn't care about that, I was told, "That's too bad he didn't love you enough to leave you something." (Incidentally, my parents' house was paid off and they were debt free but my mother couldn't earn enough to pay the taxes on the house so she sold it.)

That same LC/RC had a major hissy fit because no one met him in the driveway to greet him when he came to twig to teach. He wasn't bringing in anything but his own fat @$$ and a briefcase. Meanwhile, we had 2 handicapped twig members who'd just walked in the door and a young child screaming for something (milk or juice I think it was...) so our attention was elsewhere - we didn't hear Rev. McDouchenberg pull in.... Oh well.

Oh and there's more.... these are just the top of the pile of TWI excrement over the years....

• Upvote 1

This isn't so much a story about stupid Way people, but it relates:

When we were WOWs, we got a lot of opposition from the pastor of the local Foursquare Gospel Church; diatribes on his weekly radio show, public confrontations with his youth group, community forums with us as the topic...

After a while though, we learned to take it in stride and Laleo & I invited him over for coffee when we found out that our WOW family was being moved mid-year. As he sat there sipping java he told us that it was no surprise to him and that "The Lord" had already told him about the move and would be miss the other two members of our WOW group when we left, thinking that 2 of us were going and two were staying.

Laleo looks him and the eye and tells him, well, The Lord threw you a curve Jerry, we're all going.

The look on his face; priceless.

Stupid Way Story

Cleveland, 1973 or '74

A young lady with a history of drug abuse and mental health problems is "witnessed to".

She has no interest in the class but someone offers to pay her "donation".

Midway through session 5 (the "Christ In You" session) she gets a disgusted look on her face, stands up, says, " I gotta get out of here" and leaves---never to be seen again.

After the session, we worker bees are called together by the class leader, Mr. Spiritual, and informed we have just witnessed a devil spirit being dispelled by the light of "the truth". (You know, the "devil spirit" was doing the speaking.)

Now for the stupid part-------------We believed it!

Edited by waysider

This isn't so much a story about stupid Way people, but it relates:

When we were WOWs, we got a lot of opposition from the pastor of the local Foursquare Gospel Church; diatribes on his weekly radio show, public confrontations with his youth group, community forums with us as the topic...

After a while though, we learned to take it in stride and Laleo & I invited him over for coffee when we found out that our WOW family was being moved mid-year. As he sat there sipping java he told us that it was no surprise to him and that "The Lord" had already told him about the move and would be miss the other two members of our WOW group when we left, thinking that 2 of us were going and two were staying.

Laleo looks him and the eye and tells him, well, The Lord threw you a curve Jerry, we're all going.

The look on his face; priceless.

I love this story..

:)

Stupid Way Story

Cleveland, 1973 or '74

A young lady with a history of drug abuse and mental health problems is "witnessed to".

She has no interest in the class but someone offers to pay her "donation".

Midway through session 5 (the "Christ In You" session) she gets a disgusted look on her face, stands up, says, " I gotta get out of here" and leaves---never to be seen again.

After the session, we worker bees are called together by the class leader, Mr. Spiritual, and informed we have just witnessed a devil spirit being dispelled by the light of "the truth". (You know, the "devil spirit" was doing the speaking.)

Now for the stupid part-------------We believed it!

I like this one too..

Before I took the foundational class, I engaged in a conversation with one of the local advanced class grads.

"You know", said the AC grad, "behind every religious statue and idol there is a devil spirit."

"Oh?", said I. "Do you mean that they're inspired by devil spirits?"

So the AC grad gets a bewildered look on their face and indignantly says, "Well, Dr. said in the AC that there is a devil spirit behind each one of them and that's good enough for me!!" :wacko:

Edited by waysider

That same LC/RC had a major hissy fit because no one met him in the driveway to greet him when he came to twig to teach. He wasn't bringing in anything but his own fat @$$ and a briefcase. Meanwhile, we had 2 handicapped twig members who'd just walked in the door and a young child screaming for something (milk or juice I think it was...) so our attention was elsewhere - we didn't hear Rev. McDouchenberg pull in.... Oh well.

He must have learned that from LoyM. I saw him throw many temper tantrums over minor issues such as this. If someone didn't meet his car to direct him where to park, (that was a 25 minute rant) coffee cups turned the wrong way, his car seat not being put back to the right position after being cleaned for him...it went on and on. Makes me wonder how he has survived the real working world.

He must have learned that from LoyM. I saw him throw many temper tantrums over minor issues such as this. If someone didn't meet his car to direct him where to park, (that was a 25 minute rant) coffee cups turned the wrong way, his car seat not being put back to the right position after being cleaned for him...it went on and on. Makes me wonder how he has survived the real working world.

The Rev. McDouchenberg I'm referring to has the initials of GB and was the biggest LCM-wannabe you ever saw!

If GreasyTech is lurking around he can confirm this...

Perhaps he has (or had) a patron.