GreaseSpot Cafe

A Short Leash

skyrider

igotout said:

Heck I remember LCM stating one evening at a Coprs meeting in Emporia .... "not all of you can become branch leaders. Many of you need to go out and get jobs and careers and go to college."

This reminds me of something which is a bit off topic though entirely relevant to the above comments. As fewer people remain with TWI , I

suspect those at the top, wishing to protect

their slice of the Way money pie, will eventually deliver a similar message to those in "mid-level" and "junior" management positions. No doubt this will come as a shock to those who thought that TWI would take care of them and provide some form of retirement.

Way leadership will probably rationalize this by saying things like "We've taught you the keys to abundance and power which are more than sufficient for finding prosperity as you transition to your new careers and pursue

educational opportunities. You are the best so

you will shine above the rest and your light will be a beacon to those seeking truth."

Of course expectations relating to abundant sharing will not be relaxed nor will expectations relative to class and meeting attendance.

But I really believe that the trustees will

encourage full timers to find other types of employment even going as far as "laying off" people who might have worked for years or decades. Of course this wouldn't be because money is tight - just to insure that those at the top get the lion's share of it. I also think that at some point there will be serious contention at the trustee level concerning who has access to what and for what purpose. These people wanna retire comfortably. They've lived for years off of free labor and have cultivated a sense of entitlement that has become second nature (even first nature). In their twisted minds they will feel that its their money and they have somehow earned it.

Diazbro:

That's pretty much what they told the Corps when they discontinued the "everybody is on salary" plan.

Granted, there were still salaried people left.

Suddenly the "full-time ministers" Corps, who were essential for "the Word to prevail" were now to go out and seek full time employment, complete with insurance, since it was now essential that the Corps be in the workplace for "the Word to Prevail"

During the last couple of years of Martindale's reign I started hearing local leadership reprove us for having an attitude that it was "Way Corps or nothing" when it came to committment. In other words, we supposedly thought that only the Way Corps were subject to the rules and controls from HQ, like the no-debt non-policy.

The top dogs already had the Corps on their leash, now they were working on everyone else as well.

Oakspear:

"During the last couple of years of Martindale's reign I started hearing local leadership reprove us for having an attitude that it was "Way Corps or nothing" when it came to committment. In other words, we supposedly thought that only the Way Corps were subject to the rules and controls from HQ, like the no-debt non-policy. "

You certainly hav e read that observation in most of my posts. :-)

".... The top dogs already had the Corps on their leash, now they were working ..."

But nobody was buying.

quote:
During the last couple of years of Martindale's reign I started hearing local leadership reprove us for having an attitude that it was "Way Corps or nothing" when it came to committment. In other words, we supposedly thought that only the Way Corps were subject to the rules and controls from HQ, like the no-debt non-policy.

The top dogs already had the Corps on their leash, now they were working on everyone else as well.

Yeah, Oak......advanced class grads were next in line. When corps were fired and/or split out, ac grads were prompted to step up to the plate and run fellowships. Of course, this too meant that THEY could not have a mortgage.

In three different states, I know of ac grads who jumped thru the hoops of lcm's dictates, the Y2K stuff, the martindale ouster and beyond. One couple in 2002 purchased a home and forfeited running their home fellowship......even though state leadership reproved them vehemently for it!

Two couples, not corps........left in August 2004. They had FINALLY called it quits with twi. The dogmatic agendas kept marching along under rosie.....not missing a step.

So, yes.....if not corps, then its the next in line who gets "a short leash."

Surely, one can't expect the 230 corps (??) at hqs to leave their cushy desk jobs and go out on the field?????? After all, that corps guy in the Purchasing Department is reaaaallly needed to purchase the standard quota of stock items week after week after week?????

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oak, isn't that, too, when they started having "Advanced Class Only" meetings? I know we went to a few of them and they were always pseudo-pep rallies to get us to "do more" and to help "the less 'seasoned'" believers step up their "believing" (aka giving, witnessing, obedience).

I hated those meetings because you just always came away feeling like absolutely nothing was ever good enough for those TWIts.

quote:
I hated those meetings because you just always came away feeling like absolutely nothing was ever good enough for those TWIts.

Belle....for a second there, I thought you were talking about CORPS mtgs. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

The disdain is suffocating. Every advanced class grad who sat in those types of meetings must have experienced a glimpse of how some of us corps felt.

Uuuuuuuuuuggggghhh.

Or "Twig Coordinators" meetings..

A lot of times half of it was trying to figure out who could drudge up new folks for "da class".

Glad I was never in one of those meetings trying to figure out why we couldn't get anybody in WAP. That must be VERY uncomfortable.