GreaseSpot Cafe

Marlon Brando

Raf

Okay you big apes! Lighten up on Marlon.

I happen to think that back in the day he was one of the sexiest men to ever breathe air and you ought to consider yourselves lucky to have been on the planet at the same time as he was!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

That said, he was an awesome actor if slightly "bent." icon_eek.gif

Did you see him in Guys and Dolls? or Streetcar named Desire? Or the Wild One?, or that movie where he came home from WW2 in a wheel chair? Oh man, he could play it all and was an "O" machine at the same time!!!

Radar icon_wink.gif;)-->

Edited by Radar O'Reilly

Radar... have you been into that North Carolina skunk weed again??? I thought he was an OK actor... but never have been able to figure out why anyone thought he was "the greatest actor of his time"... but then I guess his acting had nothing to do with being an "O" machine (whatever the heck that is)... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I did like Brando. "Wild Bunch", classic.

"What're you rebelling against?"

"Waddya got?"

He and Lee Marvin kicked it in that one. I think Lee Marvin did better work over the years. Brando certainly was an interesting character.

Marlon, since I won't see you no mo' in this world, I'll see you on the next one. I hope to be late. See ya, brother man.

Marlon Brando was a powerful actor. His earlier work was what gave him the reputation that he had. Streetcar named desire...The waterfront...

He was really able to play these intense charecters...Apocolypse Now, Godfather...he had one of the most intense stares...he's the only guy I can think of that could have played Hannible Lectur as intensely as Anthony Hopkins did.

R.I.P. to one of the greats.

• Upvote 1