GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

quote:
Originally posted by TheManOfa Thousand

I used to practice in a local park. One thing (of many) that really annoyed me was when people would come up to me and ask if I knew any Led Zeppelin. Now mind you, I was playing an acoustic guitar. The other was the assumption was that Jimmy Paige was the ONLY reason to pick up a guitar.

Being in love with guitars wasn't limited to the thinking females of which I once was. confused.gif

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

Walk Don't Run. I said you you might be a tad young to remember it, didn't I wink2.gif;)-->. Now if you had been paying attention, you'd have gotten it from Hiway29's post about it. Gotta' be sharp around these parts, girl icon_biggrin.gif:D-->. 'Ya think Ted will post again??

sudo (always tryin' to please)

1kNames,

Happy birthday guy! We haven't thrown a party down here in a bit but maybe we ought to icon_razz.gif:P-->

This next one is a TV medical show from the 70's and what makes it different from all the rest is.... a really perky, very attractive nurse who was portrayed by an actress with a male name.

Click HERE!

sudo

Joey Heatherton and Michael Learned come to mind, but they weren't in any medical shows that I know of.

George

P.S. Have you guys tried the Name that Tune and Name that Flick threads? (Okay, I know Pirate hangs there.) No one yet has guessed my music clue. It may take an old-timer like Sudo to get it. wave.gif:wave:-->

That show showed us what Adam Cartright would have looked like without the toupee and with a beard.

It had the same problem as 'Lou Grant" tho. Taking a sit com character and putting them in a show that had nothing to do with the previous one and was too serious.

quote:
Originally posted by TheManOfa Thousand ScreenNames:

Ditto on the Blackbird, Bluze. One of the things I liked about playing that song was the way your left hand took on the characteristic of a spider walking up the fretboard.

You know, I never thought about it, but that IS a good way of describing it. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Rick

quote:
Originally posted by hiway29:

That show showed us what Adam Cartright would have looked like without the toupee and with a beard.

It had the same problem as 'Lou Grant" tho. Taking a sit com character and putting them in a show that had nothing to do with the previous one and was too serious.

Yeah, the only thing retained from one show to the next was the character's name.

well, Ed Asner DID play Lou Grant in both shows-but he might as well have been a different actor. 'Lou Grant' needed at least a guest appearance by Murray Slaughter to remind you where it came from.

As far as Pernell Roberts. I went through a real Bonanza trauma as a kid when he left the show. It never seemed right to see just 3 Cartrights riding toward you instead of 4.

For some reason , Adam was my favorite of the family, tho I'm not quite sure why from a 40 year removed perspective.

quote:

As far as Pernell Roberts. I went through a real Bonanza trauma as a kid when he left the show. It never seemed right to see just 3 Cartrights riding toward you instead of 4.

For some reason , Adam was my favorite of the family, tho I'm not quite sure why from a 40 year removed perspective.

I felt that way when "Mike" left "My Three Sons." icon_frown.gif:(-->

George

geez-I felt the same way when Mike left 'My Three Sons' too ! Seems like every character I liked best was leaving in the 60's. I had grown up with Tim Considine (Mike) from 'Spin and Marty', and the 'Hardy Boys' on the Mickey Mouse Club, and looked up to him as a cool older brother(unlike my rat real older brother, yuk, yuk). Not only did Mike leave, but 'Bub', William frawley, left also, replaced by Uncle Charlie, and Ernie. It was all downhill from there.

Barney left Mayberry, the 'good' Darrin left bewitched, James Garner left Maverick (tho I actually liked Bart Maverick better).

I learned early on that people leave-sigh.

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

quote:

I felt that way when "Mike" left "My Three Sons." icon_frown.gif:(-->

George

Could of told you this in the last post I reckon, but I agree.

quote:

geez-I felt the same way when Mike left 'My Three Sons' too ! Seems like every character I liked best was leaving in the 60's. I had grown up with Tim Considine (Mike) from 'Spin and Marty', and the 'Hardy Boys' on the Mickey Mouse Club, and looked up to him as a cool older brother(unlike my rat real older brother, yuk, yuk). Not only did Mike leave, but 'Bub', William frawley, left also, replaced by Uncle Charlie, and Ernie. It was all downhill from there.

Barney left Mayberry, the 'good' Darrin left bewitched, James Garner left Maverick (tho I actually liked Bart Maverick better).

I learned early on that people leave-sigh.

I agree with you on all. But I didn't care for the spinoff with Barney. Hmmm....there was one wasn't there?

No-no spin off with Barney.

there was Gomer Pyle USMC. , Where Gomer was not as funny as the lead as he was in mayberry. Frank Sutton as Sgt carter was always a treat tho.

There was Mayberry Rfd, when Andy Griffith left. Ken Berry as Sam Jones became the star, with Aunt Bee, Goober, Howard Sprague, and Emmitt still on hand. That;s not Barney and Gomer by a long shot.