The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, Kathy looks too lonely sitting there, so I'll spill the beans.

'Angels in the Outfield'.

'Old Yeller' was cursed with Kevin Corcoran, alright. Otherwise it's a pretty good Disney tear jerker.

Not as good as my all time favorite Disney live action film from the 50's. I really need to take lessons from Sudo on how to post pics, cause I'd love to throw one up right now.

Just saw it again the other week, and faith and begorrah, it still holds up.

And notice how Kevin Corcoran's character's name is "Moochie" in almost everything he was in, including "The Shaggy Dog", "The Adventures of Spin and Marty", etc.

That's just like Tony Danza - he only plays characters named Tony.

Is this some sort of mental deficiency or something?

Oh yeah, Steve. Though he did play other characters at times in Disney features, he was usually 'Moochie'-turning up in the most unlikely places, wearing that baseball cap with the turned up brim. And just where did they come up with the name 'Moochie' anyway?

There's something creepy about Moochie. He's like a Twilight Zone character, this annoying, cloying Disney embodiment of the All American cute little kid, showing up wherever you go. You can't escape Moochie.

Good weekend guys..

Summer weekends. I don't work Fridays so yesterday I took the kids to see Herbie-Fully Loaded. I think its probably the best of the Love Bug Herbie movies. We all really enjoyed it. Rated 'G' to boot.

I have an audio with 'Moochie' in it and yes, he has a shrill annoying voice so you'll all be able to pick it out. The man's voice must be familiar to everyone. He made this movie before he starred in his own TV Western series. Click HERE! I have the video this is from but its 25meg. Still, I can post it if anyone wants it.

sudo

Chuck Conners was with the Dodgers.

Sylvester T. Superman-and the lemon meringue pie to the North Pole-ha thanks for reminding me.

The Rifleman was a show that really got to me. Even tho Lucas McCain was unbeatable, he and his son Mark, (Johnny Crawford-who I recently saw at some function, and became a professinal musician) always seemed to be vulnerable to nast renegades, the struggle to survive on the ranch, and protecting the old sherrif Micah.

Maybe it was the emotional music that dominated every episode that made the difference. They knew how to milk a situation with those repeated themes. The tension theme, the 'home on the ranch' theme, the Rifleman theme, and (sniff) the Lucas and Mark hugging at the end theme.

Kathy,

Yes, it IS interesting and would you believe?? There's a BIG Disney connection, too! In the interests of nostalgia.. I offer THIS TV theme song. Click HERE! Great show, huh? I checked IMDB and it was on from 1958-1963. I would have sworn it was 1)on longer than that and 2)was on into the LATE 1960s. Testament to it's quality, I guess.

sudo

That music still chokes me up.

The big Disney connection that I know of is that Johnny Crawford palled around with kids named Cubby and Annette.

There were 2 other noteworthy kid actor's from the early 60's that started with that same group-but maybe I'll wait for the Rifleman thread to run its course first.

There was one cast change among the girls, with Meredith MaCrae taking the place of the original blonde, who's name I can't recall at the moment. Gunilla or something-too lazy to do a google search.

Linda Kaye Henning was the daughter of Paul Henning, the creator, head writer, and big cheese of this show, Beverly Hillbillies, and Green Acres.

On an off topic note. I am very sad to hear of the passing of Paul Winchell, who we were just talking about inhere a few weeks ago.

He was one of the good ones.

Gunilla Hutton wasn't the original blonde either. Jeannine Riley was. Meredith McRea was third. I remember the first as being the best one, but I couldn't pick her out of a crowd of two now.

There were different Bobbie Jo's too. Linda Henning was the only one that stayed the same the whole time.

That opening scene did wonders for a young boy's imagination.