• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote:
Originally posted by George Aar:

Aw, come on guys, if you didn't know that the musician was Django Reinhardt, it's time to turn in your "Jazzoid Fanclub" membership card.

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

What if I can't locate my "Jazzoid Fanclub" card? wink2.gif;)-->

quote:
Originally posted by George Aar:

Kathy,

Sorry, local reference. "Jazzoid" is a term coined by a DJ at our local jazz station. He starts out his program everyday with the salutation "Hi ho, Jazzoids!"

I think I found it.

quote:
Originally posted by Pirate1974:

Is it "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

Indeed it is!

Elizabeth Taylor and Sandy Dennis won Oscars for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, respectively. Richard Burton and George Segal were nominated for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor.

George

Actually, there have been many Lucille's over the years. But yes, the black one is a Gibson 345, the "current" Lucille.

The following is from an interview with B.B. I have it in one of the many biographies that I have of him, but copied this from a website cause I'm too lazy to type the whole thing. icon_smile.gif:)-->

FJ: Why do you name your guitars Lucille?

B. B. KING: It started in 1949. In '49, I used to play a place quite often in Twist, Arkansas. Twist, Arkansas is about forty-five miles northwest of Memphis, Tennessee. It used to get quite cold in the winter there, so they used to take something like a big garbage pail and set it in the middle of the dance floor and half fill it with kerosene, light the fuel and that is what we used for heat in winter. People dancing would generally dance around it and never disturb it. But one night, two guys started to fighting and one knocked down one of them containers and it was already burning with kerosene and so when it spilled onto the floor, it looked like a river of fire and everybody started to run for the front door, including B. B. King. But when I got on the outside, I realized then that I had left my guitar on the inside. So I went back for it. The building was a wooden building and burning rapidly. It started to collapse around me and I almost lost my life trying to save my guitar. So the next morning, we found out that these two guys that were fighting were fighting about a lady that worked in the little dance hall. We learned that her name was Lucille. So I named the guitar Lucille to remind me to never do a thing like that again.

FJ: How many Lucilles have you played through the years?

B. B. KING: I'm playing Lucille XVI at this time.

Rick, I understand what you're saying about that picture. But after a little more research I still think it's him.

When searching "Blues Boy" it does bring up Albert King. But then like you know (better than I) he plays a different guitar and more important he's a left handed player. Anyway here are two pictures about the same time. Best I can do on comparison.

bbk4.jpge39872hxvup.jpg

Hey guys!!

We had a great time this weekend and even though I got back late Sunday, I JUST haven't had time to post here... and do justice to it, anyways. We were in Richmond, VA to visit Carol's brother and his new wife then we drove up to The Washington, D.C suburbs for a family reunion. My mother's side. My father's side would have had theirs' in a trailer park in Mississippi had there been one. I hear Jeff Foxworthy doing redneck jokes and I get upset because... he's picking on my daddy's side of the family mad.gif!!!!

Can somebody tell me if Wasway has left entirely?? Geeze, I hate that. Doulosman left us a year or so ago and we never see him anymores. icon_frown.gif:(-->

I don't have a new TV or movie theme but in keeping with blues and other genres here's one everyone knows. Thing is.. so many folks have done it that this might not be familiar to everybody. Click HERE! and name artist, year or whatever you might know.

sudo

Thanks for not saying anything about my letting the thread down. I've been away more than I'd planned to. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Welcome back though. You're always missed! I know Wasway is in Florida but not sure other than that.

As for the song the singer can't be who I think it is. If it were he'd have long hair and it can't be that person even though my ears want to tell me it is. In other words I don't know if I know you know? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Those who knew.... knew. Yep it was the guy who saw the light, 1knames. And there was a son named Bocepheus, Bluze. None other than Hank Williams Sr. It was my and Carol's first dance at our reception. The Tennesse Waltz. More folks may have heard, been familiar with or even preferred the Patsy Cline version but I think Hank's was first.

I've posted it before as a freebie but this was such a good TV show for a little boy back in the 50's. Click HERE! What do little boys watch on TV now-a-days?? Desperate Housewives??

sudo