The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was Glenn Corbett from his Star Trek appearance. (Along with Elinor Donahue, who mnages to be as annoying on Star Trek as she was on Father Knows Best).

Glenn played Zephram Cochrane, who pioneered 'warp drive' in trek world. The same charcter was played as an eccentric , counter culture type scientist in one of the Star Trek-Next generation movies. I forget who played him, but it was a Christopher Lloyd type.

It was a long way to that character from straight laced Glenn Corbett.

the Second version of rawhide came much later than the first one..Elwood on lead vocals, Jake on background vocal effects.. of course music by the BBB..

Hi ya'll back home from the Vacation from hell... This Guy bit me... and it hurt

Hey Rick!

I think you missed my song post in response to your clue. You were giving clues about the theme and asked if a certain Nat King Cole song had anything to do with it.. remember?? Click HERE! and tell me if that's what you were thinking of.

Geo.. thanks! Yeah they're cute but haven't a clue as to guys' real motives. I've told them and told them about male hormones and what to expect but I think its all fallen on deaf ears. I remember meeting girls' fathers and doing my DANG best of acting nice, respectful and good intentioned angelkit.gif. I "yes sired, no sired" them every other sentence and was convinced I had them bamboozled. I have a distinct memory of Mr. Howard chuckling as I was doing my best to impress him with my act. I couldn't figure out what he thought was funny at the time.

Wasway.. Uh-huh. It's Jake and Elwood alright but what do you think?? I think they gots nothing on Frankie Laine!!

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by ChattyKathy:

Yuck! What the heck is that thing? Did you kill it? Did you save it? Yuck!

Great to see you back wasway. wave.gif:wave:-->

That was a south american giant water bug that attacked me in a swimming pool at a motel outside of Cape Canaveral. We drove across Fla to see the shuttle launch and we were 30 miles awaywhen they scrubbed the mission. So I got in a traffic jam on I-95 with 50,000 PO'd people trying to leave and after moving 27 miles in 3 hours we got a room at a super 8 motel. My son went over to the pool and came back in to the room and told me that there was a bug in the pool...the boy is 14... I told him to go swimming.. he wouldnt go.. so I threw on some trunks to go over with him.. I didnt see any bug..so we went in the pool.. a couple minutes later I asked him "where was the bug?" He said it was on my shoulder... I looked around just as it stabbed me with those 2 things in front and bit me...I knocked it off of me and about half way acreoss the pool and the damn thing was coming back for more... so we got out othe pool.. later I caught it because my arm was starting to swell up and I wanted to be sure I wasn't going to die. Before we left FL. I took it outside and shot it. Damn bug...

That was just a small part of the Vacation from hell...there was the attack of the red fire ants....the $21.00 sensor on the transmission that cost $600.00 and took 4 days to fix. The bed that went through the floor.. the alligator and the dog...the dog lost...the monitor lizard.. yeas a monitor lizard that walked across the front yard like it owned the place, and the air conditioner that started blowing out the defroster and caused ice to form on the windows at 90 degrees .. just to name a few...

Sudo, Jake and Elwood were a one-of-a-kind. Comparing them to Frankie Lane is like comparing apples to cannonballs.. but they were both great

So what you're saying is Chevy Chase has nothing on you regarding vacations?!

The only good part about that story was when you shot the bug!

So the alligator ate the dog right? Gosh that really sucks!

I'm glad your safely home now. We might not have the mountains and water here in O-Hi-O. But we don't have alligators. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Well okay so we have Groucho, but he's harmless I think. wink2.gif;)-->

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Hey Rick!

I think you missed my song post in response to your clue. You were giving clues about the theme and asked if a certain Nat King Cole song had anything to do with it.. remember?? Click HERE! and tell me if that's what you were thinking of.

sudo

Right song, but I think your version is Chuck Berry. THIS is Nat! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Rick