GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Rick,

Ohhh.. You're good. I was trying to pull a fast one but you were on to my little tricks, weren't you? It was exactly as you said. I had posted the Chuck Berry version just 'a trying to trick you but YOU posted the good Nat King Cole version like a trooper. Curse you Red Baron!! I'll get you!! And your little dog too!!

And oh yes, I like flowers folks. 1KNames has me pegged. I'm a MANLY man: icon_cool.gif

sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah, been up quite some time, just doing something else.

I know you're in grandmother heaven.

Had my fix of coffee already.

Was told last night upon leaving the office it was fixin' to kick back up for me. Which equates employment for me. Nice! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hope y'all have the grandest of times this Friday!

Hiway,

So you know this one?? And knew it before you even heard it?? Hee-hee! You and Wasway must be on the same wave lenght. When I heard it was a TV show from the '80's my heart sunk just a bit as I had already quit watching much TV at that time. But lo and behold if I didn't recognize that theme in the first measure. But what a loooong version!! Running time 2:27. I can't imagine their ever running the whole thin for a 30 minute show. I never remember hearing this line, "...and your husband wants to be a girl".

It runs on TV Land?? I don't watch it and my kids are getting too old to watch old fogie stuff. Geeze, I hate that my kids are no longer acting like kids icon_frown.gif:(-->. I wasn't a big fan but I can tell you who I liked and didn't like. I liked Shelly Long. Didn't care for Rhea nor Kirstie.

sudo

I think they left that line out Sudo.. I like the line about "Your little angel hung the cat up by its tale.."

HERE is the theme from a movie from from the Age of Nixon that some of us will remember fondly..with a great all star cast and a pretty good soundtrack, too. This is also one of the first top ten songs by a ficticious group...anyone remember the band's name?

Rick,

Aren't the Ramones a punk band formed in the late 70's? I think the movie was made in the late 60's. Nixon and all that.

For the record.. I never saw the movie but that song is sure famous. What? No 13th Power?

sudo

quote:
It was 1920. Harry Burt had just created the Jolly Boy Sucker, a lollypop on a stick. Later, while working in his ice cream parlor, Burt developed a smooth chocolate coating that was compatible with ice cream. Unfortunately, the new combination was too messy to eat. Burt's young son, Harry Jr., suggested that his dad take some of the wooden sticks used for the Jolly Boy Suckers and freeze them into the ice cream. The first ice cream on a stick was born.

The name Good Humor came from the belief that a person's "humor" or temperament was related to the humor of the palate (one's sense of taste).

Is there any wonder you sell ice cream cones for free? Thank you Tom. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Yummy! 41000-05414_small.jpg

Yup it was Max Frost and the Troopers...Not a real band.. they were made up for the movie...Christopher Jones and his band, Max Frost and the Troopers, lip-synced "Shape of things to come" done by a studio group with Paul Wybier as the lead singer. The Shape Of Things To Come" was written by the famous 60's songwriting duo, Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil.

Wasway,

I bet the movie would appear just ludicrous today but back then it was considered "disturbing". Good song but until just now, I thought it was Christopher Jones doing the singing. He was sure a flash in the pan, huh? Kathy might not remember but for a while he was a heart throb.

Did you guys know there is a web site where you can download old old movies that are out of copy protection for free? Ya'll might want to check them out.. click HERE! There is no link provided to download the movies to your hard drive and if you click on them, they'll simply play in QuickTime or Windows Media Player depending on your computer... howsome-ever you have your media files configured to open.

But... if you want to download them, right click anywhere in the page where the movie link is and look at the source code. It'll tell you the location of the file that's being loaded. Then you can just save the link to your hard drive. I downloaded a movie this morning and it took 6 minutes for the entire movie. But it was flying.. averaging about 425 Kbs, the entire file was 173 Meg!!

So here's part of the introduction theme, folks. Click HERE! and see if any of it sounds familiar. I intentionally edited some so as not to TOTALLY give it away.

sudo

Sudo,

The last link won't work for me. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Thanks Sudo! And I wouldn't have known it actually.

We had one of those ROA cool nights y'all may remember and the morning was just incredible in beauty outdoors. We do actually have some nice things about O-Hi-O. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Edited by ChattyKathy

Kathy,

I'm glad you got to hear it but in case anybody else is having problems click HERE! to listen from another server. Hiway29 heard a familiar snippet.. anyone else?

Glad you're having a great morning there in O-Hi-O. I've spent several weeks in Ohio this time of year. Actually, it was more like a week later than this... the 2nd week in August icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->. Yep, it gets chilly at night doesn't it??

sudo