Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George,

Yeah... I think I know. Couldn't fool you, huh?? It was a one man show about one of our Presidents, right?? Hey! I'm off now 'till Monday. Gonna' visit our nation's capital. You guys have fun.. I'll BE BACK SOON!!!!!!! Hee-hee~!

sudo

quote:
Originally posted by Pirate1974:

A milliner sells ladies' hats.

The fellow you're talking about was more like a haberdasher, a word you don't hear used much any more.

A milliner can sell more than hats, but I believe you're right. The man in question was a haberdasher, not a milliner. Sorry if I confused anybody!

icon_smile.gif:)--> George

Don't know about the flicks that had all actors nominated for Academy Awards. Sounds like it must have been a killer flick and I'm just ignorant of what it is. I'm anxiously awaiting the answer!

The 2 songs I posted were by a killer jazz guitarist from probably the 30's or 40's, or even into the 50's. B.B. King has mentioned this artist as one of his big influences when he was comeing up. If you listen to the 2 tunes I posted, MAN, he is so damn clean on the fast solo lead stuff he plays! He has a couple of tunes that he did with Chet Atkins and Les Paul...I will post those later.

Rick

Aw, come on guys, if you didn't know that the musician was Django Reinhardt, it's time to turn in your "Jazzoid Fanclub" membership card.

Interesting to note about the inimitable Messr. Reinhardt - He was injured in a fire and the fingers of his fingering hand were burnt and left bent and only partially mobile. Yet he still managed to make some great music.

He often paired up with the great violinist Stephane Grappelli. Unfortunately, Django left us all too soon in the '50's, his associate kept playing until almost 90 and finally departed this earth just a few years ago...

A worthy try, CK, but incorrect. Here's a little more about the film's nominations:

The four characters were nominated for Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Supporting Actress. (Two of them won.)

The movie also received nominations in these categories (winning those marked with an asterisk):

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Screenplay (adaptation)

Best Cinematography, B&W*

Best Art Direction-Set Decoration, B&W*

Best Costume Design, B&W*

Best Sound

Best Film Editing

Best Music, Original Score

George

So your saying that this movie only had 4 people with speaking parts? If so, then I'm SURE I don't know what it is.

George was right, it was Django! The greatest (in my opinion) Jazz guitar player that ever lived!

George, you mentioned Stephane Grappelli. Just so happens that I have a tune with Django and Stephane! Click HERE and name that tune. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Rick

quote:
Originally posted by Bluzeman:

So your saying that this movie only had 4 people with speaking parts?

Rick

That's what I saw in a write-up about it. There may have been other characters with one or two lines. To be honest, I haven't seen the movie. (When it came out, I was too young. Note that they still made some black-and-white films back then.) It is a very well-known movie, though, with four main characters. And it's not "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice."

George