The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wasway's posting of the extended version of the Cheers theme the other day, prompted me to go out and find the extended version of what I think is the best theme song ever written! Click HERE for the mp3 version and HERE for the smaller wav version.

I don't think this long version was ever used for the tv show though...it's over 5 minutes long. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Edited to say, I was wrong, it's over SIX minutes long. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Rick

Kathy,

I know it too but I can still guess can't I? I liked the show but wasn't just overly crazy about the theme song. Oh, it was OK but best theme song ever? Hmmmm...

It's a matter of tastes, I guess. Some folks likes de blues and some folks don't. I'm cooking a pot of Lima beans downstairs as I type this boy oh boy am I going to enjoy them later! Its Summer time, the fish are jumping and the cotton is high. That means fresh veggies and slow meandering attitudes. But I digress..

Here's one of my favorite TV themes. Click HERE! and see if it sounds familiar. I've posted it before and mentioned the screaming French horns (my instrument when I was in the school band) but that was a while ago. Favorite TV themes.. that would be a good idea to explore icon_smile.gif:)-->

sudo

P.S. Uh, sorry, Rick.. the show was set in New York city, right? And the actor who played my favorite character died young??

You are right, Sudo. It is really a matter of taste. See, the one you posted really doesn't do anything for me. But the Taxi theme(which, if you want to put a label on it, it would be jazz, not blues) to me sounds awesome!

To each his own though! That's why there are so many different styles of music...something for everybody!

Rick

quote:
Originally posted by Sudo:

Kathy... gotta' make this quick.. try clicking HERE! Hi Tom!! You think it was a publicity stunt?? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

sudo (wondering why Kathy is having problems with lroom)

I'm at the office so don't want to try that link but it will probably work at home. Not sure what's going on with my computers. Rick said he'd help me figure it out so I'll not freak out over it all. banghead.gif

Rick,

I remember Andy doing his Mighty Mouse skit. I don't know why, exactly, but it was pretty funny. Same sort of thing with Steve Martin... why was he funny, exactly?? Coming out on stage wearing a hat with an arrow through it while he played the banjo? Singing King Tut while walking like an Egyptian?? Acting like a nerd in "two wild and crazy guys"?? Was that stuff funny? I laughed until my sides hurt but I can't tell you why!

Oh.. the theme I posted no one knew(HERE!)?? It was a mini-series that starred Patrick Swayzee.

sudo

Rick,

Your computations are correct, sir. It was the mini-series North and South. Carol and I really enjoyed the series but it was a little disappointing because.. I already knew before the ending which side lost icon_frown.gif:(-->.

sudo