GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

That last movie is also a favorite of mine. I saw it when I was 7, and it scared the wits out of me. I was totally creeped out by the 'death coach'. And the image of the lead character, being driven away, looking back at his house in the rain, stayed with me for years. With all that, the movie is uplifting and maybe the best live action film from the rat factory.

I watched it again not long ago, and was pleasantly surprised that it held up.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That last movie is also a favorite of mine. I saw it when I was 7, and it scared the wits out of me.

How young are you? The last one, released in 2000, integrated the series and the movies. In the end, there can be only one.

Edited by moony3424

:) :wave: Click HERE! Who does that sound like??
sudo
I could come up with some outlandish tale of how I could have completely forgotten the actual question and thought it was a movie I was to be guessing. And that even though I knew from TOTW's excellent clue and SaintGeorge pointing it out to me who the actor was that I was still somehow frozen in some outlandish tale aforementioned. But I think I'll just tell you the truth. I've no clue how I mixed up what you asked. :redface2: And I know the other one and have confirmed that in fact you are asking us for the name of the movie. So I will return if I can find it somewhere in my head. :redface:

ChattyKathy, You got it, it was the Cowgirl you saw, I was spying on y'all !!! Just gorgeous outside today and I hear the running trails calling my name so before I head out for a run here's two songs from a very popular artist, had quite a few hits and these are two of my favourites amongst others that he has done.

HERE

Here

:)

moony, I'm 52 (gulp)

But the movie I'm referring to is not part of the series. I'm referring to the music clip that sudo posted, right before it, which featured the actor before that series. whew, this is getting complicated.

The last movie, Endgame had both Duncan and Conner in it.

ChattyKathy, You got it, it was the Cowgirl you saw, I was spying on y'all !!! Just gorgeous outside today and I hear the running trails calling my name so before I head out for a run here's two songs from a very popular artist, had quite a few hits and these are two of my favourites amongst others that he has done.

HERE

Here

:)

You've been missed. :)

I'll have to check out your tunes from home tonight.

I understand it's beautiful here as well (bad thing :( about being in the heart of a building).

You already know this I'm sure but a running trail has never called my name. I wonder if perhaps I should introduce myself someday.

ChattyKathy, if you ever happen to venture up this way, I could to take you on some of the most breathtaking trails I have ever been on, we're not talking groomed trails but the ones that are just left to grow wild and they go for miles and miles, there is one in particular that is all lined with apple trees, with weeping willow trees hovering over the river that runs along side of the trail. Whenever I go there to run or just hang out I feel like I've come across a bit of paradise, I just love it !!

So for all you nostalgia fans out there here is a real gem, it's not that old but it sure puts a smile on my face..............

HERE

Edited by Cowgirl

I enjoy his music and he's had some exposure that I find interesting. I brought a little about him here. You have good taste in music.

Winwood was a part of the Birmingham rhythm and blues scene from a young age, playing the Hammond organ and guitar, backing blues singers like Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, T-Bone Walker, Howlin' Wolf, B. B. King, Sonny Boy Williamson II, Eddie Boyd, Otis Spann, Chuck Berry, and Bo Diddley on their United Kingdom tours (the norm at that time being for US singers to travel solo and be backed by 'pick-up' bands).

During the late-1960s, Winwood and Mason became close friends of Jimi Hendrix. Hendrix first heard "All Along the Watchtower" at a party he was invited to by Mason, they recorded the Hendrix version later that night in a London recording studio. Winwood played often with Hendrix, featuring prominently on Electric Ladyland.' Notably, he contributed the powerful Hammond organ riffs on Voodoo Child.

Now as to the interestingly named group from Canada on your last post....um let me put it this way if I had a million dollars I'd not buy their CD. :biglaugh: Now what was I saying above about good taste in music, who knows this song could grow on me.

I would love to take those trails with you. Can we walk briskly rather than run. :)

Mooney,

Bump? I used to do the bump. Back about 1976 as I remember. I guess that was your way of saying we need a new one to guess? I'm going to continue something I started a while back but never finished... opening themes of movie studios. Now here's an easy one to start off with. Click HERE! and name the Hollywood studio.

sudo

Kathy,

Friday!! Actually, Thursday is my Friday.. I'm off on Fridays. Three day weekend every week and I love it! I'm thinking George knows the studio and that strange one is scratching. But that pic you posted, Kathy? That's just an early radio station's truck, I think. No??

sudo

I'm not sure how that truck relates to the studio, but it is sure one cool picture. I'm curious what Kathy's connection is. Since I'm pretty sure almost everyone knows the studio in question, let's cut to the chase and tell us about that picture, already.