The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !! :nono5: Bluzeman and Sudo, you're not playing fair, uh uh uh ! Can't you let the songs play a little bit longer before you cut it off, I just need to hear a few extra notes, then I'm sure I'll be able to guess it. Puleeeeeeeze !! :)

I had to look that up Sudo, but yes, that was the company that did the movie you were referring to.

Cowgirl...that's all there is. It's the little thing that plays before the movie starts, like the MGM lion or the THX sound.

Moony, I don't know, but I'm sure I'll watch a dvd in the next few days from that company and then I'll tell you. :) Who do you think it is?

Rick

I can't get the link to play, but I know that New Line is the company that distributed it, and Wingnut is Jackson's company... I think the special effects company he has (or works with) is Weta....

(I've only watched LOTR a few dozen times.... love Jackson's stuff - always good!)

Kathy,

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that "Last Kiss" was one of the few songs that immediately cause me to change the station. "When a Man Loves a Woman" is another! I can imagine women like it, because it makes the man a total fool, but any guy actually listening to the lyrics should be outraged. The woman cheats, but he doesn't care? He blows off his best friend for pointing it out? He SLEEPS IN THE RAIN because SHE SAYS SO?? Not in MY neighborhood! It would be like expecting women to like Lou Christie's "Lightnin' Strikes."

George

But George, that's the whole point of the song. The foolish things that a man will do because he's in love. I know I have done some pretty foolish things cause I thought I was in love. Notice I said "thought". I thought I was in love once. Turned out, it was just indigestion. :biglaugh:

Cowgirl, the first version is the best simply because Bonnie Raitt is in it. She is one of the best slide guitar players in the world!

Rick

Cowgirl, I love both Don Henley and Bruce Hornsby (especially Hornsby's piano) in their versions of the song but this one is quite lovely as well. They are all very good in their own way. Thank you for bringing the first especially as I'd never heard it before. And I have to agree with Rick on Bonnie Raitt, she just makes you smile inside when she plays.

SaintGeorge, the explanation I would have given had I been here would have been the same as Rick in regard to what a man would do. Literal on that puppy will fall flat. :)

Rick, yeah right! :rolleyes:

I am sad :( one of the things my son got me for my birthday was Clapton's new CD Back Home. Known I'm certain is my love of Clapton. This CD SUCKS!!!!!

Oh well life goes on. :wink2:

Bluzeman, I'll have to agree with you on that one, I really love that sound of "End of the Innocence" with Bonnie Raitt performing in it, real nice mellow sound to that song !

Moony and ChattyKathy, I know I've already posted these two songs in the past but since we're kinda of on the topic of the Eagles, I've got to post them one more time and as always, they never fail to take my breath away, so here goes !!!

Here

Here

Cowgirl

You didn't ever burn any really good albums during burn the chaff did you? I got rid of more books I think. This song probably would have moved it to the burn pile according to some of the leadership but I love it :evilshades: and all. :)

Cowgirl, those are excellent choices! They are one of those bands like Dire Straits that sound excellent in concert. Some artists only sound good in a studio. :)

(edit because of the usual :blink: reason)

Edited by ChattyKathy

Hey Cowgirl. Thanks for posting those two Eagles song. I love the Eagles. Saw them in concert with KISS many years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about REO Speedwagon???

Do you like them??